Questions on QM2 TA

KC from California

We will be on our first TA on the QM2. A couple of questions: Is it difficult to get a table for 2 at the Britiannia; how many formal nights on the 6 nights crossing?

The brochure indicates that there are only three formal nights.

Matthew

My pre cruise information package says 3 formal nights, one informal and 2 elegant casual. The first and last nights are the elegant casual, the second night is formal and the informal is in the middle of the crossing...3rd or 4th night.

Patti

wondering how easy it is to get a table for 2 at the Britiannia Restaurant.

Depends on how full the crossing is and whether the sitting you choose is the more popular one - a function in part of the passengers nationalities - many Europeans would not be caught dead dining at 6.30 (for Spaniards thats a late lunch). Ask for a table for 2 on your booking. When you get onboard check the card in your cabin which has your table assignment and if you are not happy go to the dining room and talk to the Maitre'D - and don't accept a poor table if he tries to fob you off with one. I had no trouble (eventually) getting a good table for 2 - but had a bad one on the first night. Never had that on the QE2......

Peter

Never had that on the QE2

We never had a problem in the Mauretania, although every time except once we wanted a table for three. My first time in the Caronia we did get a table for two but it was a very poor location to say the least:( . In the Princess Grill we've always got a good table - are there any bad tables in there though? Last time, back in the Caronia Restaurant, we booked a year in advance and requested a table for two. We were put on a table for six in a poor location and then at a table for two next to the one we had all those years ago. We complained (as were half the other diners in Caronia) and eventually we were moved to a nice table. I think that we were moved because it was our honeymoon - I'm sure that the 40 or 50 other couples also requesting a table for two didn't get moved.

Thinking of the June 4 crossing (not reserve yet) and wondering how easy it is to get a table for 2 at the Britiannia Restaurant. Anyone had problem getting a table for 2?

As I say, I cannot comment on the Britannia, but my wife and I have always had a table for two in the Queens' Grill on QE2 - and our regular table to boot.

You might well be lucky - but I suppose there are no guarantees with life.

I'm on the June 4th Crossing.

Archived