Illinois Cruisers

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:45 PM.
Chicago area
5,068 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
I'd like to plan a cruise to Hawaii in 2014. Looks like it would be the Star with both of them. When we can find out for sure which dates they will be there - we will book. We've been on two or three with Dave Cole, but have only read about Elua.

Gail
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

IL
4,476 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by Hornet
I'd like to plan a cruise to Hawaii in 2014. Looks like it would be the Star with both of them. When we can find out for sure which dates they will be there - we will book. We've been on two or three with Dave Cole, but have only read about Elua.

Gail
Gail, They are there thru April 2014. They don't hear about the 2nd half of 2014 for quite awhile. Not sure when you were planning on going. Just be aware that things can always change. This season Princess is sending them to Japan instead of being on the last Hawaii cruise in April. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people on that last Hawaii cruise.

Donna
Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
The dates that work so far are:

April 5
April 12
May 3
May 10

I hope others will chime in soon because I hope we can set something up for one of the two April dates.

Gail - I'm not sure how you would find out what David's and Elua's schedules are going farther into 2014. Often it seems that they don't know either. I know that the last time I booked the Hawaii cruise on the Golden, David was supposed to be the CD. He went on vacation and was to return to the ship right before our cruise. While he was on vacation his assignment switched to the Sapphire - much to our disappointment. I will say though that he had put such great programs in place that everything went really well - especially since we didn't see much of the new CD at all.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie
Walk in Balance on Mother Earth

Central Illinois
632 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by PookyCat
The dates that work so far are:

April 5
April 12
May 3
May 10

I hope others will chime in soon because I hope we can set something up for one of the two April dates.
The way it looks at this time, we may be able to make the April 5th date. That would probably be our best chance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous cruises:
Regal Princess - b2b Caribbean - 01/08/2017; Regal Princess - NY to FLL Caribbean Repo - 10/27/16; Royal Princess - b2b Eastern/Southern Caribbean - 01/09/2015; Regal Princess - TA Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen - 04/15/2015; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa - 04/01/2014; Royal Princess - maiden TA Venice to Ft. Lauderdale - 10/09/2013; Pacific Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to E. Caribbean - 01/17/2013; Star Princess - RT Seattle to Alaska Inside Passage - 9/9/2012; Island Princess - RT Ft. Lauderdale to Panama Canal - 1/28/2012; Golden Princess - RT LA to Hawaii - 12/7/2011; Caribbean Princess - RT NY to Eastern Caribbean - 9/26/2011
Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Ok. How about we start with the April 5th date and think about a location.

I am going to be in Norway for the next 2 weeks and won't be posting while I'm gone. So please think of suggestions of where we can meet in the Chicago area - I think that is where most of us live.

I live southwest in the Joliet area but am certainly willing to go to the area around Woodfield or Oakbrook or other areas that would make sense. I think we are all suburban so we can look outside downtown Chicago.

If someone could track the suggestions for me while I'm gone I would appreciate it!

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

Chicago, Illinois
989 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
It is with regret that I am letting you all know that I am cancelling this trip. Several expenses are looming and I am going to have to redirect the money for the final payment to take care of those other things.

In addition, my daughter and I decided to try and do our land trip to Italy early next year and I am very excited about that.

I am hoping that someone will take on the job of hosting the Illinois group here and try to get a Meet and Greet organized prior to sailing!

Best of luck and I hope everyone has a fabulous time!

Melanie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie

IL
4,476 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by PookyCat
It is with regret that I am letting you all know that I am cancelling this trip. Several expenses are looming and I am going to have to redirect the money for the final payment to take care of those other things.

In addition, my daughter and I decided to try and do our land trip to Italy early next year and I am very excited about that.

I am hoping that someone will take on the job of hosting the Illinois group here and try to get a Meet and Greet organized prior to sailing!

Best of luck and I hope everyone has a fabulous time!

Melanie
Melanie, So sorry to hear you cancelled this cruise. Hope to someday meet on a future one.

Donna