What are your thoughts on Phentermine? (adipex)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:09 AM.
2 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Originally posted by Strophic
Here's the thing...combining *anything* with healthy diet and a fitness program will give anyone results. Just healthy diet and fitness will give people results, because that is what makes you lose weight. 17 kg in 4 months would have been completely attainable without the supplement as long as you were eating right, so how can you say it was the supplement that helped you?

People really need to stop looking for an easy way out, skip all the pretense, and just do what every human being on this planet needs to do to lose weight: fix their diet.

Hi Strophic,
People respond to medications in different ways. Someone register better results when combining phentermine with diet and exercise while for others it is really hard to lose one kilo per week. Anyway, I was pretty satisfied with my weight loss results. I'm not an active person but the phentermine gave me more energy and because I had so much energy I started exercising every day. I also started eating a bit healthier too. More fruits and veg and fish for diner instead of stuff like pizza and pasta all the time.
Illinois
2 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
i took phentermine for about six months. i lost 60 lbs. i've been off it for about 6 months and i haven't gained any weight back. i want to lose more but i'm not sure if i'll get back on the phentermine or just try & reduce cals on my own (i probably eat about 1800 cals per day right now, but if i can get down to 1500 consistently i know i'll start losing.

the phentermine was great for me. it helped me to relearn what a portion was & that i don't *need* to eat as much as i think i did. i understand that it's ok to feel hungry & that i'll get to eat again in a few hours.

i didn't have a lot of side effects and my blood pressure was always fine (i had a doctor's visit monthly)

i don't think it's the solution to an emotional eating problem (which i have and am working through) but it will jump start that weight loss and i did learn a lot about appropriate portions while on it.