Labadee - Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:36 PM.
Michigan
1,074 Posts
Joined May 2001
If you look on the ports board someone posted pictures. Sorry I do not know how to link it. Also when you get off ship if you turn right a boat will take you to Columbus Cove for free or you can take the tram or walk or take the little driving cart up to 6 people .
19 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by mac_tlc
I don't have any pictures, but the bungalows are located at Columbus Cove --- at the far end. They were an option on our Oasis cruise two weeks ago, but we chose a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach, since there were only 2 of us, and they are cheaper. Great access to the new floating bar......

mac_tlc
Mac_tlc , could you give me any more information on renting the beach bed on Adrenaline Beach - we noticed this as an option to rent, but we can not find much information on it
Specifically (and I apologize if this sounds like an odd question) but what stops other (confused) guests from thinking these are "up for grabs" and climbing right in while we are in the water, ect? ... based on the photos, it seems like these are just sitting on adrenaline beach (not as if they only have private access or anything like that) - Hahaha , if we were to return from the bar or the water to find other guests lounging in our bed (and getting sand everywhere) that will greatly sadden me.
I'm sure no one would do so on purpose, but I could easily envision someone thinking they are just up for grabs
Any other thoughts / tips regarding the bed rental would also be appreciated - Thanks!
CT, but sometimes Orlando
850 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
Originally posted by Sunshine_Barbie
Mac_tlc , could you give me any more information on renting the beach bed on Adrenaline Beach - we noticed this as an option to rent, but we can not find much information on it

Specifically (and I apologize if this sounds like an odd question) but what stops other (confused) guests from thinking these are "up for grabs" and climbing right in while we are in the water, ect? ... based on the photos, it seems like these are just sitting on adrenaline beach (not as if they only have private access or anything like that) - Hahaha , if we were to return from the bar or the water to find other guests lounging in our bed (and getting sand everywhere) that will greatly sadden me.

I'm sure no one would do so on purpose, but I could easily envision someone thinking they are just up for grabs

Any other thoughts / tips regarding the bed rental would also be appreciated - Thanks!

While they are not roped off, there is an attendant that you check in with when you arrive, and they show you to your beach bed. There is also a bar attendant they makes the rounds frequently, checking with you to see if you need a drink or if there is anything else you need. They also alerted us as to when the lunch buffet opened. We had our towels and a few other items on our beach bed, and never noticed anyone "wandering around" looking to to take possession of any of the beach beds.

Compared to a cabana and even a bungalow, especially if we only have 2, the price is much better and we would do it again in a heartbeat.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Imagination 2/00 , Carnival Elation 7/01 , Carnival Triumph 6/02 , Carnival Legend 7/03

Disney Magic 8/00 , 11/01 , 11/03

Majesty of the Seas 4/01 , Explorer of the Seas 8/02, Navigator of the Seas 2/03,
Mariner of the Seas 2/04, 2/06, 8/06, 8/07 , Voyager of the Seas 10/04 , Vision of the Seas 7/06
Legend of the Seas 8/08, Allure of the Seas 11/10 , Radiance of the Seas 2/11,
Oasis of the Seas 8/11, 4/17, 8/17 , Brilliance of the Seas 3/14 , Freedom of the Seas 8/14, 8/15, 8/16

Celebrity Millennium 2/05 , Celebrity Solstice 4/10, 8/10

191 days at Sea
Next up
Oasis of the Seas - 1/18 , 8/18
Brilliance of the Seas TA - 9/18
Serenade of the Seas Reposition - 10/18
Symphony of the Seas - 1/19
Celebrity Edge - 4/19

Kissimmee, FL
487 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by Host Clarea
Recent threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486271

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2481282

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2461623

All these links take you to info about Coco Cay, not Labadee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dawn

Paradise 5-00. Paradise 2-01
Triumph 9-01. Disney Wonder 12-01
Costa Victoria 2-03(Atkins cruise)
NCL Majesty 11-04. Disney Magic 10-05
Disney Magic 11-06. Carnival Freedom 11-08
Disney Magic 05-09-09. Disney Magic 10-30-10
Disney Magic 10-29-11 Celebrity Constellation 1-20-14
NCL Epic 11-16-2014.....Celebrity Eclipse 1-5-16