San Francisco: Airport Lounge

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

West Coast Departures

Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:02 AM.
UK
1,882 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
We will be flying back to the UK with British Airways and could have as long as 5 hours in the airport We could ask for the car to pick us up a little later or simply turn up early. If we choose the latter decision I was thinking that we could at least book into the lounge and (hopefully) enjoy the amenities without fighting the crowds. However I can't find any up to date details including price.

Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Washington
2,144 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by babs135
We will be flying back to the UK with British Airways and could have as long as 5 hours in the airport We could ask for the car to pick us up a little later or simply turn up early. If we choose the latter decision I was thinking that we could at least book into the lounge and (hopefully) enjoy the amenities without fighting the crowds. However I can't find any up to date details including price.

Grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I don't believe that you can pay for access to the BA lounge. You might try calling BA direct and ask them.
87,704 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I too would call BA about this.

You could also post on the Cruise Air board to see if others might know.

Either way I would get to the airport at least three hours before the flight.

Keith
uk
840 Posts
Joined Aug 2014
Babs135. I may be wrong but I am sure you only get access to the BA lounge if flying Business/First class or have silver or above BA frequent flyer status. ThIs would also include the partner alliance airlines if you have any loyalty status with them?
Have you looked at Priority Pass lounges? Ask your TA as you can pre book once independently via the TA for the airport if there is a member lounge there. I am sure they will be able to pre book one for you.
We flew back BA from there last September and the check in desk doesn't open up until 3 hours before flight , so it was a long day.
Definitely ask your TA to help you with this. Jean.
UK
1,882 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Thanks everyone. Guess a phone call to the ta is the order of the day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises:
2017Eastbound T/A - Cunard. 2016 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Bahamas & Florida - NCL: 2015 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2014 Westbound T/A - Cunard: Norway/Iceland - P&O: 2013 Canary Islands - NCL: 2011 Eastbound T/A - Cunard: 2011 Southern T/A - Celebrity: 2011 Australasia - Princess: 2009 Australia/New Zealand - Royal Caribbean: 2005 Norway - Louis Line: 2004 Alaska - Celebrity: 2000 Eastern Caribbean - Royal Caribbean
Victoria, Canada
695 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
There is an American Express Centurion Lounge. You may have access to this lounge if you have an AMEX platinum card. However it off in terminal 3 that is connected to the International terminal.
SF Bay Area
1,469 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by em-sk
There is an American Express Centurion Lounge. You may have access to this lounge if you have an AMEX platinum card. However it off in terminal 3 that is connected to the International terminal.
BA uses the A Gates in the international terminal and the lounges are to your left, just after security.

Priority Pass uses the Air France lounge.