Seeking info on the Eastern Seaboard Explorer cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Viking Ocean
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:21 AM.
South Carolina
100 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
We're interested in this cruise for September 2019 (trying to avoid those long flights to Europe) and would love to hear from anyone who's been on it. It lists 3 cruise days, which are more than we typically like.
Boston MA
5,998 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Viking has sailed this itinerary just once, in 2016 when it repositioned the Star to the Caribbean, so not that many people can comment from experience yet. They will be sailing it again in Fall, 2017 when they move the Sky and the Sea to the Caribbean for the winter months. The Sky will be doing the trip 3 times, starting Sept 23, and the Sea just once (Oct 1) before heading south. So, you may want to bump this to the top of the line come late September for more comments.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado
Expand for links to links to photos and more.
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

Click on the links below for photos

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
South Carolina
100 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Thanks for that info, Peregrina--I'm always amazed at the extent of your knowledge here! I saw on the Viking website that this cruise is already practically sold out for Sept. 2018!! Looking forward to reading what people say about their trip.
Boston MA
5,998 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by moatenote
Thanks for that info, Peregrina--I'm always amazed at the extent of your knowledge here! I saw on the Viking website that this cruise is already practically sold out for Sept. 2018!! Looking forward to reading what people say about their trip.
Leaf-peeping cruises are popular. The color lasts for only so long and not that many cruise lines offer them. The free air fare is also a draw.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
Boston MA
5,998 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by moatenote
Peregrina, just curious--what has been your favorite cruise ??
OMG, that is a tough one. Do I have to choose just one? I'll be here all night trying to decide. I love traveling and seeing new places and I love anything that gets me out my hemisphere (Northern-Southern or Eastern-Western).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Save