CCL Cabin Info Compilation - No Cabin Questions posted here please!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:34 AM.
somerset, nj 08873
367 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Ship - Vista
Deck - 8
Stateroom # - 8253
Stateroom Category – Balcony
Starboard or Port Side - Starboard
Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal - Two chairs and table

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Nice cabin - no complaints inside. Enough room for four + scooter. However, the hallway directly in front of cabin was not as wide as the rest of the hallway and as a result, it was difficult to maneuver the scooter in and out even though the doorway clearance was fine.
Boston
43 Posts
Joined Aug 2016
Ship –Carnival Legend
Deck - 7
Stateroom # - 7178
Stateroom Category – 8K Balcony
Starboard or Port Side - Port

Alaska/Glacier Bay, r/t Seattle, August 15-22, 2017
Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, mostly. First night heard banging from closets andbunk bed railing which we secured the next day. Once we heard some loud people out in the hallway returning to their cabinaround 2 in the morning. I think justonce we heard our neighbors.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructionswas an issue. – No obstructions- seepictures below

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Extended balcony. Haven’t been on a regular balcony, so I can’tcomment on the size difference.

Was wind a problem? - Sometimes

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? –

View while docked in Seattle

18 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Ship - Dream
Deck - 10
Stateroom # - 10201
Stateroom Category – 4J Interior with Walkway Window
Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (but more middle to be exact)
Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – This is not a balcony view, but it is at the front of the ship and has a large window. Great view as room has a walkway in front of it that is barely used.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -N/A

Was wind a problem? - Yes, ship movement is felt more frequently, and front deck can be extremely windy at times.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any other comments? - Very nice and spacious cabin. Lots of room to move around and bathroom also very spacious.
Florida
32 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Ship -Vista
Deck - 6
Stateroom # - 6353
Starboard or Port Side - um

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – VERY quiet even with a family next door

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - No obstructions, nice view but could see the umbrellas on deck below. Could hear the music but not too loudly.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - A little bit at times

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? -Jaran was our steward and he took great care of us.
On a boat
488 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Ship - Sunshine
Deck - Lido
Stateroom # - 9207

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, considering its location to the open Lido deck and the central elevators

Balcony View - Normal balcony with normal views

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None (in fact, we were surprised that there was a frig, although everything we'd read didn't have that cabin listed!)

Any other comments? - Good location - just a few steps to the Lido deck, or to the elevators.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Unofficial Special Advisor to the CEO on Pirate matters

HO HO
U.S. Navy (Retired)

Past:
SS United States NY-Southhampton 1953
SS United States Southhampton-NY 1956
MSTS SS General Patrick Yokohama-Oakland 1964
USS SPRINGFIELD (CLG-7) Mediterranean 1966-67
USS LITTLE ROCK (CLG-4) Mediterranean 1967-68
USS RANGER (CVA-61) Gulf of Tonkin 1968-70
CCL LEGEND 2010 Western Caribbean
CCL FREEDOM 2013 Eastern Caribbean
CCL CONQUEST 2013 Western Caribbean
CCL TRIUMPH 2016 Western Caribbean

I'd rather be.......
https://youtu.be/Y1gcvHBd7oc
Leander TX
1,228 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Ship - Breeze
Deck - 8
Stateroom # - 8217

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Not very noisy other than neighbors allowing doors to slam a lot.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – nice view, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - standard balcony, standard size. Fit 2 chairs & table with not a lot of extra space. We moved the table most of the time into the front left corner near the door so we could put the 2 chairs in a position where we could both see without being blocked on the right by the divider.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - It seemed to have more storage than other cabins I've stayed in. Either that or I'm getting better at bringing less 'junk'! But instead of having the coffee table and desk area covered with all our stuff I was able to put everything away so it was much less cluttered... therefore I spent less time searching for all the things I 'lost'!

Bathroom- we brought a half length shoe organizer I bought just for cruising... the bathroom was pretty good for storage with the glass shelves on each side, but the organizer on the door was very handy to grab stuff without having to go into the bathroom all the time. So stuff like sunscreen, lotion, hairbrushes, went into that and made it even more convenient.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Breeze - Sep 17/17
Carnival Magic - Oct 2014 My Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2127532
Carnival Paradise - Jul 2012 My Review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1674471
Carnival Sensation - Feb 2010
Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2008
Carnival Inspiration - Aug 1998
Big Red Boat - Feb 1996
Carnival Carnivale - Mar 1988
Houston, TX
740 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Ship - Breeze
Deck - 2
Stateroom # - 2374
Stateroom Category – Cove Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – You can see the lifeboat from the balcony on the floor above, but this cabin is between two lifeboats so you get a better view than expected.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - standard size for class; larger than standard balcony and enclosed so not much sun exposure

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any other comments? - Everything in the cabin functioned properly and the room steward was excellent.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising Sea-norita!
Atlanta
667 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Ship - Victory *RENOVATED ROOM*
Deck - Empress
Stateroom # - 7262
Stateroom Category – OS
Starboard or Port Side - Port
Quiet Stateroom? Yes
Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No
Balcony View - Fine, No obstructions.
Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for the class, but 0.5x bigger than a standard balcony.
Was wind a problem? - No.
Any specific problems with this cabin? - Poor Wi-Fi Connection. Had to go in the hall to use Carnival Hub. I could access the Majesty's wi-fi in Nassau that was 3 docks away on the balcony, but not Carnival's... Rollaway Bed is very uncomfortable as it slouches towards the middle.
Any other comments? - Great cabin and very close to the elevator without being noisy. The only bummer of this whole cabin was that the room steward was not very helpful nor his assistant. We had to repeatedly ask for the same thing in order to get it done. Hopefully this gets addressed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Au Pays Des Merveilles
3 RCL (Indy, Radiance, Empress) 3 CCL (Fantasy, Breeze, Victory) 1 HAL (Eurodam)
Favourite Cruise To Date: Eurodam/Victory | Least Favourite Cruise To Date: Empress of the Seas
Future: 04/01 - MSC Musica 7 Night Greek Isles - Venice