Silver Spirits Beverage Package Option

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Viking Ocean
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:46 AM.
Rochester, NY
151 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
If after embarking and you are two days into the cruise and decide the wine and beer that are included in your cruise fare does not meet your expectations, will Viking allow you to still purchase the Silver Spirits Beverage Package?
Boston MA
5,998 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by sabrefan
If after embarking and you are two days into the cruise and decide the wine and beer that are included in your cruise fare does not meet your expectations, will Viking allow you to still purchase the Silver Spirits Beverage Package?
Yes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Caminante no hay camino, se hace camino al andar." Antonio Machado
Expand for links to links to photos and more.
The high value put upon every minute of time, the idea of hurry-hurry as the most important objective of living, is unquestionably the most dangerous enemy of joy Herman Hesse

Click on the links below for photos

AT SEA: 1983/NCL Caribbean ~ 1985/Premier DisneyWorld+Cruise ~ 1997/NCL Alaska ~ 2000/Renaissance Istanbul to Athens ~ 2001/Celebrity Horizon Southern Caribbean ~ 200?/NCL Boston to Bermuda ~ 2005/Celebrity Zenith Central America/Western Caribbean ~ 2006/RCCL L.A. to Ensenada ~2007/Celebrity Century Scandinavia & Baltic Capitals ~2009/Celebrity Infinity South America around the Horn ~ 2016/Viking Sea Midnight Sun ~ 2016/Viking Sea NYE on the Med

RIVER DAYS: 2010/Viking River Cruises "China's Cultural Delights" ~ 2013/Viking "Footsteps of the Cossacks" ~ 2015/Viking "Passage to Eastern Europe"

Save
1,604 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Hmmmm.....I thought we could look at offerings when we first were on board and needed to decide within the next day so I am happy to hear this.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grand Princess - SFO RT to Vancouver BC, Sept 2018
VikingSea - San Juan-Amazon-San Juan Dec 2017
Viking Star - Bergen- Stockholm 2015
Viking Star - Barcelona-Bergen 2015
HAL Ryndam - Istanbul- Barcelona 2014
HAL Ryndam - Athens -Istanbul 2014
Viking Skadi - Amsterdam- Budapest 2013
Princess - Western Mediterranean - 2010
Princess Golden - Alaska - 2010
1,604 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Aha. Thank you! Good to know.
So if on the fence about the package, it makes sense to look and try options on day one. Viking suggested that on another thread and now it is really clear as to why.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Springdale, AR
919 Posts
Joined May 2011
One day one, I asked the bartender if I could taste the provided and premium wines. He gladly let me try them and we upgraded.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruzzzinma
1,604 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by cruzzzinma
One day one, I asked the bartender if I could taste the provided and premium wines. He gladly let me try them and we upgraded.
Sounds like the way to go if you are on the fence about upgrading! Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
14 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Hi,
That is good to know. Where would you go to upgrade your wines once on board and how do the waiters know which passengers have done so ?
Springdale, AR
919 Posts
Joined May 2011
Any bartender can sell you the package. After we bought it, we just told the bartenders our cabin number. There were no cards or stickers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruzzzinma
London
1,887 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
We found the Silver Spirits package excellent value for money and were very glad we upgraded. We did feel that there should be a few more wines in the package but would certainly upgrade again on our next Viking cruise.
1 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
We just returned from a Viking Buri Lyon & Provence cruise. We had not pre booked the Silver Spirits Package, and upon trying the house wine on day one we quickly upgraded. We were very glad we did the value was exceptional, a wide variety of wines, and premium beverages. There were very few exceptions that were not included. One thing to note is that once on board we were charged in Euro's vs USD if we had pre booked.

We are currently trying to determine if the value will be there on our 2018 trip Stockholm to Bergen. It seems impossible to get any information on selections of wines available on the Viking Star and their cost per glass.
1,604 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Originally posted by TyaxGrizzly
We just returned from a Viking Buri Lyon & Provence cruise. We had not pre booked the Silver Spirits Package, and upon trying the house wine on day one we quickly upgraded. We were very glad we did the value was exceptional, a wide variety of wines, and premium beverages. There were very few exceptions that were not included. One thing to note is that once on board we were charged in Euro's vs USD if we had pre booked.

We are currently trying to determine if the value will be there on our 2018 trip Stockholm to Bergen. It seems impossible to get any information on selections of wines available on the Viking Star and their cost per glass.

We were going through that same decision making process and decided (at Viking' suggestion) to wait until we get on board and try the wines offered - since Viking changes/rotates these wines, it doesn't seem possible to know in advance. I do know that they were different on Rivers vs Oceans in the past.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature