Is UBER a service you book in advance ?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

West Coast Departures

Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:03 AM.
Prescott Arizona
263 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
We will be flying into LAX for a cruise out of San Pedro and was wondering if UBER is booked in advance or do you just grab one a airport
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises
Grand Princess for a Cal Coastal in 2016
Star Princess to Mexico, 2015
Grand Princess to Hawaii, 2014
Queen Elizabeth. Feb-March 2013 to South Pacific
Oosterdam to Mexico
Infinity to Alaska
Spirit to Mexico
Destiny to Caribbean
Fascination to Caribbean
Inspiration to Caribbean
Jubilee to Mexico
Some other cruises that I cannot remember

The Third Coast - Nashville
7,763 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
I just started using Uber, but I have an app on my phone and when I'm ready to go somewhere, I just put in my destination and it shows me available rides and how long it will take them to get to me, as well as the cost. Not aware that you reserve Uber rides in advance, but someone with more experience may be able to advise you.

Roz
Victoria, Canada
695 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
We will be flying into LAX for a cruise out of San Pedro and was wondering if UBER is booked in advance or do you just grab one a airport
You can't book in advance and you can't grab one at the airport.

You need the uber app on your smart phone. It detects where you are and enter the location you are going to. It calculates time and price in advance. Automatically, bills the credit card you have tied to you account.
wa
34 Posts
Joined May 2017
Be sure to look for promo codes when first signing up for Uber and Lyft (same concept as Uber). We got $10 off on 5 rides ($50 total) using a lyft promo code.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charlotte, NC
2,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by aac1623
Be sure to look for promo codes when first signing up for Uber and Lyft (same concept as Uber). We got $10 off on 5 rides ($50 total) using a lyft promo code.
Wow - we used Lyft this past weekend post cruise and the code we used was Rid5 to receive $5 on 3 rides. Looks like we got gypped, lol!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/2012 - Carnival Victory
5/2012 - Carnival Elation
6/2011 - Carnival Fascination
wa
34 Posts
Joined May 2017
Originally posted by Herfnerd
Wow - we used Lyft this past weekend post cruise and the code we used was Rid5 to receive $5 on 3 rides. Looks like we got gypped, lol!
Oh man I found the code for $10 off 5. It's SAVOR SEATTLE. We used it in Vegas so it doesn't matter where you are when you use the code lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charlotte, NC
2,649 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by aac1623
Oh man I found the code for $10 off 5. It's SAVOR SEATTLE. We used it in Vegas so it doesn't matter where you are when you use the code lol.
And we were in Seattle!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

9/2012 - Carnival Victory
5/2012 - Carnival Elation
6/2011 - Carnival Fascination
156 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
You can prebook uber. Click in the "where to" screen.You should see current location. Type in where to pick up then fill out "where to". It then pops up showing map of route and cost of trip. Beside the confirm uberx/xl there is a car with a clock. Click on that and it brings up Dates and times to schedule a pick up.