Seattle - Hyatt Place or Hyatt House?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

West Coast Departures

Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:58 AM.
Oklahoma City
7,812 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Both of these are near the Space Needle. Cost would be the same.

Which one would you pick and why?
Seattle WA
4,492 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Hyatt House because it's right across the street from Seattle Center and a much shorter walk to the monorail or buses on 5th Avenue. The Hyatt Place is in a very trafficky part of town and not especially convenient to anything IMO. Neither would be my first choice, but perhaps you're using points or can get a great rate.
1,971 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I *really* like the sectionals at Hyatt Place and have never had a noise problem there, so I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. It's my preferred property in that class in city.
Oklahoma City
7,812 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by Gardyloo
Hyatt House because it's right across the street from Seattle Center and a much shorter walk to the monorail or buses on 5th Avenue. The Hyatt Place is in a very trafficky part of town and not especially convenient to anything IMO. Neither would be my first choice, but perhaps you're using points or can get a great rate.
Using points, so these are the same plus alot fewer than the other locations.
1,674 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I've stayed at Hyatt House across from the Space Needle. Thought room was fine and great location. I'd stay there again.
1,151 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I've been looking myself and I think I have decided on Hyatt House just because there's a kitchen in the King Suites. I like having that option if I want to make a light meal instead of trying to find a place to eat if I don't want to go out
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Alaska on 06/25/2019 aboard the Carnival Legend! Visit Carnival.com to see all Alaska cruises. My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 03/17/2018 aboard the Carnival Miracle! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

6/25/19 Carnival Legend
3/17/18 Carnival Miracle
6/22/17 Carnival Fantasy
11/19/16 Carnival Fantasy
11/10/16 Carnival Elation
3/19/2016 Carnival Paradise
1/28/16 Carnival Paradise
7/2/15 Carnival Paradise
3/21/15 Carnival Glory
4/2/15 Carnival Fascination
6-28-2014 Carnival Liberty
11/6/2011 Carnival Legend