***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:18 PM.
Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Well as we figured, DS's SO (significant other) had said party was at 1, eat at 2. We got there about 2:15 after working on the drain and we didn't eat until 3:15. Then the food was a bunch of "crap", as Bill said. SO has a SIL that is chinese and she made pot stickers and egg rolls that they deep fried in a fry daddy, sooo very greasy, and there were probably 4 or 5 paper plates heaped with them. No thank you not for me! Then she had garlic bread and frozen pizzas with cardboard hard crusts. The little kids didn't hardly eat anything and we didn't either. We sat there until 5pm watching the kids play on a huge blow up water slide and then hit a pinata. As we got up to leave SO said, I've got cake, well she did the same thing last year, held onto the cake until everyone but her relatives had left. No presents were opened, and DGD didn't talk to us of course. I was talking to Bill's son and he kept saying how GD needed to play with other kids, so I asked him if they were going to send her to school, he said Oh I don't know she didn't do well in kindergarten, I said yes I think she needs more help than a regular school. Then I asked him if he ever thought about when she gets older and won't even be able to even get a job because she won't talk to anyone. He of course didn't want to hear that and changed the subject. I probably shouldn't have said anything but it really makes me mad they aren't getting her some specialized help.

Today we ran the water at the other house again, it was still smelling like chlorine, and trimmed the hedges. Then we went to farm & fleet and got a few things. On the way back stopped at a real nice restaurant south of town and had dinner, I brought home enough for dinner for the 2 of us tomorrow night.

Monday I have the plumber coming to look a those "p straps" and the you call we haul guy coming for a check, he did a wonderful job hauling everything away. The electrician should be starting next week also and the well and septic need to be checked. Should again be a busy week as time is slipping away. Maybe in July we can do some fun things for a change!

We did go to the dance place last night but the music was not all that great so we didn't even dance one dance. But we did have a nice visit with friends so thats something.

Hope your Bill had a nice Fathers day as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, I will not eat Chinese food either, no way. It sounds like a very sad situation over there. I know Bill had to call our plumber last week as well as our main drain to the city sewer was blocked and everything was going into out sump pump. So the plumber sent a rod to the street and the guy said the lines were loaded with tree roots. We got a lot of rain this morning and it looks like we could get more today.

Well it sounds like you are really getting things together at the other house. Yesterday we had a nice day of relaxing. I cooked steaks on the grill for dinner. Tonight after work weigh-in, and after the weekend I am afraid it does not look good. But at least we had a fun weekend.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Adventure Of The Sea-1-28-2007-SJU-Caribbean 7 Days
Constellation-1-28-2008-FLL-Caribbean 11 Days
Journey-1/31-2009-MIA-Caribbean 12 Days
Solstice-4/20/2015-Hawaii-YVR 11 Days

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Well we hit a hurdle, the elec. Is in the hospital with a bladder infection. Don't know if he going to get well in time to do the job or not. I am sitting here at tbe other house waiting for the plumber, thought he was supposed to be here around noon and its alread 1:30. I have my tablet with me and looked up his phone no but my phone's battery is dead so I can't call and see whats going on.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, perhaps you should start looking around for another electrician as a backup to assure the work will get done. We just called an electrician today to get a couple of timers to turn our outside lights for when we are not around, so we don't have to leave them on 24/7. We are leaving 1 week form today for St Louis.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

"I'd Rather Be On A Ship With A Drink On The Rocks, Than In The Drink With A Ship On The Rocks."

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Lucky you getting to go away for a while, something special you are doing in St. Louis? We went one year for something they were having, I think it was the 4th of July and they had an air show. This plane came in stopped in mid air, went up and down and then took off like a shot, never saw anything like it, think maybe it was that stealth plane.

I hope your weigh in is good, you probably didn't eat too bad only different!

Plumber said nothing wrong with the piping in the house, only time you need that other trap is in new constructions. Yes, I ran home and called and they had left 2 messages for me wondering if it was alright if he came, I called them back and said I had been waiting 2 hrs for him, thought it was all set up because there is no phone there and my phone was not charged up. Anyway he is called the home inspector and got voice message, so he is going to try and tell him it is fine, if we can't then he will replace them, but he says it will just be more "elbows" for food to catch on, more later
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Home inspector finally called back and my plumber told him the plumbing was cosistant with the age of the house and not illegal in fact since he was not a lic plumber he should not even inspected it. Bottom line, I am having the stupid traps replaced just to not cause trouble at the closing. Also heard elec thinks he feels well enough to get the job done Wed or Thurs. How did the weigh in go?
Going to be a hot day today if plumber gets done in time, he came at 8 this morning, I will try and get the lawn cut this afternoon. I can't wait for this all to be over and done!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, a big surprise, I lost 1.6 lbs as I was totally taken by surprise. The only thing I can think of, when we went away last week we were eating out a lot. This week I always have a bowl of special K in the morning before I leave for work. I have never lost that much at once.

Well STL is a business trip as I have to go to meetings and demonstrations. However we will go to the Arch and tour the brewery and see what else we can do while there. I would listen to your own people as those home inspectors are only trying to do as much for the buyers when everything will pass inspection anyway. As long as you can pass an inspection, you are fine.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Terrific on the weight loss, they say sometimes if you eat more/different it shakes up the system which is a good thing, sure worked for you!

Sounds like a fun trip even if it is for business. Both those things sound like fun, do they still go up in the arch? There is also some famous persons/generals? house that has walls about 2ft thick that I once visited not far from St. Louis, its from the 1800's. Can't think of the name.

We are planning on going to the strawberry festival up in WI on Sat. Hope the weather is good, we don't usually buy the strawberries because they charge so much for them and they are only $1 or $1.50 here now in the grocery stores. We do usually, or I should say I, buy a couple of bottles of strawberry wine.

The same inspector will again check the "recomended changes" before the closing so we are just trying to go ahead and comply even if it is stupid and everything is up to code. The inspector is an idiot, but what can you do? If you want to sell, you have to jump through their hoops or take your chances the buyers will back out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Well I will let you know if the Arch is open or not. We are renting a car from Enterprise as not to add the miles on our own car. The festival sounds like a good place to walk around and enjoy the day in WI, have fun. How has Zumba been going for you? The humidity is very high today and they are calling for rain later on.

Yes, you do have to do certain things to keep the ball moving along. I pray that all goes smoothly for you and this closes soon. Has the RE guy gave you a closing date yet?

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Yes, the closing date is July 8th, thats why we are rushing to get everything done. The buyers asked my RE guy if they could come over and measure inside for furniture, but I was really bummed out yesterday so I said no, I have repair people coming. Bill thought I should have let them, but was not feeling particularly congenial.

Well started mowing then the thunder and rain started so only got half way through. Ugh!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, things are moving along very quickly. I don't blame you for not letting them come over. If you are not feeling very well people should understand and respect that.

Last night we were sitting outside and it was very windy. I was in the hot tub but the way the sky was looking I decided to get inside before things got worse. We just got very high winds and hardly any rain. They said the north got hit worse. How are you doing? Is everything OK in your area and are you feeling better today? It is still very windy and a threat of rain.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I'm fine, I was just being stubborn, not letting them come in. Now today I had the carpenter come and got it all set up for him to start tomorrow or Friday depending on the weather and when I got home the RE guy called and said he had talked to the lawyer and maybe we should just say no to the carpentry work. I wish someone would tell me these things!!!!!! So I am going ahead with the work. Still no electrican but RE guy says not to worry it will get done, remember its his brothers elec company.

So sounds really nice sitting in the hot tub outside watching the sky, that is until the storm hit. We had lots of rain, probably an inch and some wind. We didn't get that really high winds they were talking about so no tree branches came down, didn't even lose the Direct TV signal, surprising, also got lots of lightening and thunder boomers.

Had Zumba today, only 2 of us and the instructor, don't know where everyone else is??? Good workout though. It has rained on and off all day long and still is. We were going to take Bill's sister to dinner and then there was supposed to be a band concert and ice cream social in the park at the next town. But with the weather we have altered our plans to go instead to the Walworth co fairgrounds for the pork chope dinner and see the finalists for the countr idol contest, its inside.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, amazing at different ends of the state and variance in the weather. It has just been very windy here today and it has looked all day like it was going to rain, but has not yet. Since we have bocce tonight and our game is at 7:15 that is when it will rain.

Check out this link as Bill got in our local paper today about our club's 70 anniversary. http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/golf/...b3a5d39f5.html

Why did the lawyer not want you to do the carpenter work at the house? It sure sounds like everything is moving along. I hope it continues. Wow, the Zumba class sure has dropped off. For you I don't know if that is good or bad not having so many people around during the workout session.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
That was a very nice article about the club, and how very convenient it is for you and Bill. It has kept raining here off and on all evening just like it did all day. So I'm wondering if you got in your bocce ball game. It was Bill's sisters b-day yesterday, she is 87. She enjoyed the pork chop dinner and what a crowd they had. You got 2 boneless pork chops, a baked potato, coleslaw, applesauce, 2 slices of rye bread and a dixie cup of ice cream along with a pop, milk or water. She said she is almost a recluse as she only goes to the dr, dentist and grocery store. We then went into another building and the country idol tryouts were going on. We listened to about 10 different ones and then there was an intermission so we left. She said it was so nice to watch "live" people since she ususally only sees people on TV! She lives alone and only has Bill close, her daughter lives in Colorado. They are planning a trans atlantic cruise this fall on the Epic. We are going to have to include her in some more of our plans to get her out of the house a little more.

I don't know why the lawyer said not to get the carpentry work done that the buyers requested, after all I had already agreed to do it, don't think it would be good to say I've changed my mind at this point.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, we did not get any rain at all last night. It was very windy but no rain. So everyone got their games in and our team lost. It sounded so nice that you got Bill's sister out. If you can get her out again that would be a great thing for her. I have my aunt driving in form WI., Oshkosh today. She will stay with us for a few days. She always comes a few times a year and stays with us. She is like 85 and very active, and lives all alone.

It is raining now and I heard it is supposed to rain all day. They had a piece on ABC news last night about the foods that put the weight on. I do not know if you saw it? Said carbohydrates that turn to sugar once absorbed into your system.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Whew finally, I logged in 4 times before I got this screen to reply, whats that all about? It will be a nice visit for you and your aunt. Like her, Bill's sis is very "with it" and still drives. I don't think she would drive that far though, just around town is all she does. It has been raining here again off and on all day, really getting tired of this rain all the time, it should go to Arizona, Texas or Florida where they really need the rain, we don't! By the time I get back to mowing the yard will have to start all over again! Went over to the other house around 2 pm today, no one there working and both the electrician and carpenter were supposed to, I can understand the carpenter because of the rain, but where is the electrician?? The days are counting down and we are not ready for the closing.

Good you got in your game last night, even if you did lose, bet it is fun either way.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Forgot to tell you, I did see that on the news last night about the carbs turning to sugar. So if you eat a piece of bread and it turns to sugar, you might as well just eat the candy that is going to do the same thing! Yup, potato chips also and quite a few other things that would make you fat if you ate them were listed. So whats new, everything good makes you fat, just have to eat in moderation, easier said than done!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sharon, there are some people who really get very upset when they loose. Us we just want to have fun, win or loose. My aunt is here and leaving tomorrow morning to meet some friends up north. We also got rain on and off all day yesterday. Today is much nicer.

Hopefully not too many more times for you mowing at the other house. The workers should also be moving along with the work that needs to be completed on time. With all that is going on are you still going out tonight dancing? We will most likely take my aunt to dinner at our club tonight.

The way they present the story about gaining weight from eating those things really makes you think about what is going into your mouth.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy

Illinois
2,590 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
This is really getting ridiculous now, no one came today to work either! I stopped at the house on the way back from Zumba and there was a car there, it was the septic/well inspector. He had came out 2 weeks ago and tested the water, but couldn't find the septic, well he finally came for the first time to test that today, the 24th already. Seems it needs some part, so I called a septic guy, only got an answering machine and no return call yet. When I got home there was a message from the carpenter saying he had gotten hung up and couldn't come until tomorrow. I know whats going to happen.....the electrican is going to come and shut off the elec to work and then the carpenter will come also and not be able to us his table saw. This is really getting to me, why can't people come when they say they are going to? We are quickly running out of time and I thought I had everything covered weeks ago. I'm not sure about tonight and tomorrow we will probably be tired from walking around all afternoon at the strawberry festival. When are you leaving Monday morning or over the weekend? It will be nice to go out to dinner with your aunt, I'm sure she will enjoy it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Sun 4/11
NCL Spirit 4/09
NCL Sun 10/08
NCL Pearl 10/07
NCL Jewel 11/06
NCL Sun 10/05
NCL Spirit 10/04
NCL Sky 10/03
NCL Jewel 12/13
Lansing, IL
4,694 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
A very good Sunday morning. Yesterday was a very nice day then in the evening we started getting some rain. My aunt left around 11 am. Bill came home around noon and sleep for a few hours and then we went to the club for dinner and they had a mega raffle and we did not win.

How is the other house coming. Are the workers showing up to complete the work? We have an electrician this morning installing timers for our outside lights. I sure hope I do not fall off the weight while away next week, as I will be missing 2 weigh-ins while away. It is that eating out so much that does me in

Enjoy the day.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill & Kathy