Welcome to your *NEW* Home !

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:20 PM.
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by gubby
Found this forum by accident this afternoon when I logged on to update my bookmarks. Glad I did as it is so good to hear how others are doing.
I also saw the news about the high winds in Scotland, Flora. So happy to hear that you guys escaped relatively unscathed. Your formal dinner sounds like it was wonderful Ann. John and I have visited Williamsburg, but perhaps we need to revisit it during the holiday season.
Our weather has been very strange in the past week. We have had snow that accumulated and then melted as the temps warmed to over 60. Then lots more snow and very cold temps this past week. Now we are expecting warmer weather ( about 45 for early in the week. That should take care of the snow on the ground. Pehaps what seemed like a white Christmas just today may not be in the cards for 2011.
We are happy that we booked our 2013 TA when we did as the price has more than doubled since October. I am almost ready to book our air and will likely do that in the nexr week or so. Still waiting to hear about the Adriatic itinerary in 2013 as we want to do that cruise next. Toying with the idea of a Baltic cruise as well. So many great places to visit and so little time and budget. Nice to hear from all and hope that others also stumble across this thread.
Ciao,
Nikki
Nikki;

Your future cruise plans sound great. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Sunviking
We went to the Christmas market in Williamsburg today. There's a farmers market all summer long on Duke of Gloucester Street (we call it Dog street). In the fall they cut back because the growing season ends. But today they had a Christmas Market. We went and bought a bunch of great winter veggies. Who knew that baby sweet potatoes would taste like candy? We also bought a wonderful herb and greenery swag which is making my kitchen smell fabulous since we hung it there. I love the smells and tastes of Christmas.
Ann;

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday.

Holli & I went to my brother's surprise 50th birthday party that my sister had arranged. Sis did a great job and a great time was had by all.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Atlanta
11,601 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Hi all,

Ann thanks for letting me know where you all are chatting now

Sounds like you are all getting ready for Christmas, we did make up bags for all Tarryn's friends last night so that was fun and I'm sure they will all enjoy there new stuff.

It's been cold and overcast here and we have been inundated with leaves since we have been back, just when we get it all cleaned the next wind and storm comes and covers the yard again. Hopefully we are done with it now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Julia

BORN TO TRAVEL
FORCED TO WORK

PAST CRUISES
CCL Jubilee 12/00 4nt W Carib, DCL Magic 10/01 7nt E Carib, PCL Grand 3/02 7nt W Carib, CCL Paradise 9/02 11nt Exotic Carib, PCL Grand 4/03 7nt W Carib, DCL Magic 9/04 7nt Frances hit so West Carib, PCL Diamond 11/27/04 7nt Mexican Riviera, CCL Glory 4/02/05 7nt E Carib, DCL Magic 9/3/05 7nt E Carib, DCL Magic 5/27/06 7nt - Double the Magic, PCL Diamond 9/2/06 7nt first B2B, PCL Diamond 9/9/06 7nt Alaska, PCL Sun 9/23/07 30nt Seattle/Sydney, PCL Ruby B2B 11/08/2008 7nt Innaugral cruise 11/15/2008 7nt, DCL Magic 5/23/09 7nt Alternate E. Carib, PCL Caribbean 5/2/10 7nt SJ to NY, PCL Crown 11/20/10 7 nt TG Cruise, PCL Ruby 3/06/11 7 nt E. Carib, PCL Ruby 10/19/2011 Venice to FLL, 9/22/12 PCL Golden, 9/24/12 PCL Star, PCL Grand 12/01/12 7nt Carib, PCL Grand 12/08/12 7nt Carib, CCL Legend 5/28/13 12nt Med, PCL Royal 10/9/13 18nt Venice to FLL, PCL Ruby 25th Anniversary 02/20/2014 4nt, RCL Oasis 10/15/14 12nt SH to FLL, PCL Caribbean 11/24/14 5nt Mom & DS TG, Vision OTS 3/14/15 7 nt Mom & DD, CP 4/04/15 7 nt Mom & DS, CP 8/28/15 7nt Norway, CP 9/5/15 16nt Southampton to NY

UPCOMING CRUISES
China, Yangtze River 5/30/16,
Coral Princess 4/17/17 FLL to VAN
Bluewater Bay, Fl, USA
728 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
Glad to see lots of RHR's have found our new home.

We are beginning to think about our Spring TA on the Grand ---- coming back home on the QM2. Looking forward to the holidays, too. A few days of cool weather are always fun ---- just a few, though.

Have a safe and happy season. Happy New Year, too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jerry

Completed Cruises: 30
on Carnival, Celebrity, Cunard, Holland America, Royal Caribbean, and Princess

Itineraries: S. Carib (2), E. Carib (6), W. Carib (6), Bahamas (2), Alaska (2) Mediterranean-Transatlantic (4), British Isles Transatlantic (1), Northern Europe Transatlantic (1), Mediterranean (1), Greek Isles (1), Panama Canal (1), Norway and Summer Solstice (1) Australia and Tasmania (1), New Zealand (1)

Booked Future Cruises:
Canada/New England 2017
Rhine Getaway December 2017
Circle Caribbean January 2019
Panama Canal April 2019
Woodland Hills, CA
324 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Hello dear RHR friends. We haven't had much communication since we returned from Fort Lauderdale but we had a fabulous time with all of you that we met on the Ruby and hope that we will meet many of you again on another Princess cruise. Jan and I just booked a 19 day cruise on Diamond Princess for May 1 from Beijing to Vancouver. We have crossed the Atlantic twice on the Ruby now and decided on something different, mainly crossing the North Pacific and visiting a little bit of Asia. We have been to Alaska three times so we consider ourselves veterans there. The scenery of Alaska and the wildlife is truly amazing and for anyone who has not yet been to Alaska, I heartily recommend it.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner in our home with 20 people. Jan cooked for 3 days and was exhausted for 3 days afterward, but all was worth it for the entire family and close friends to be together. We're getting ready for the holidays, Hanukah for the kids and looking forward to a happy and healthy New Year. We saw our UCLA Bruins clobbered by USC, but ironically we were still awarded a bowl invitation...the Kraft Hunger Bowl in San Francisco on the afternoon of December 31 against Illinois. We will have a new coach and look forward to next year...GO BRUINS!

Our best regards to all of you for a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and happy and healthy new year.

Stuart & Jan
South FLorida
2,290 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by JerryinBWB

We are beginning to think about our Spring TA on the Grand ---- coming back home on the QM2. Looking forward to the holidays, too. A few days of cool weather are always fun ---- just a few, though.

Good to see you here Jerry.
I prefer more than a few days of cool, so that's what I'm hoping for. We have enough heat!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Great White North, Eh!
4,783 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
Heeellllooooo!!

I have found ya...you can gag or smile, whatever your preference but I have found ya!!! Thanks to Nikki for resending the link.

Been incredibly busy lately, getting Xmas all organized and having the BEST time shopping for the grandbabies, they are just the best, you get to see Xmas thru baby eyes again and it brings back all the wonder that we knew as children. I hope I never get too old or cynical for that!!

Our big thing this month was to go buy new furniture which we promised ourselves to do after the cruise...kind dumb when the tree is up right?? LOL Let's just say the living room is really cozy!!

Phil had a job interview yesterday which went really well. We have our fingers crossed and should hear soon.

We're planning a 2013 Baltic cruise for our next adventure; Joe and Mollye are definitely onboard and a few other RHR's have expressed interest. I don't know I'll be doing an TA again any time soon...I've still got the after-cruise dizzies longest I've had them and its really worn out its welcome!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
17 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by gubby
Found this forum by accident this afternoon when I logged on to update my bookmarks. Glad I did as it is so good to hear how others are doing.
I also saw the news about the high winds in Scotland, Flora. So happy to hear that you guys escaped relatively unscathed. Your formal dinner sounds like it was wonderful Ann. John and I have visited Williamsburg, but perhaps we need to revisit it during the holiday season.
Our weather has been very strange in the past week. We have had snow that accumulated and then melted as the temps warmed to over 60. Then lots more snow and very cold temps this past week. Now we are expecting warmer weather ( about 45 for early in the week. That should take care of the snow on the ground. Pehaps what seemed like a white Christmas just today may not be in the cards for 2011.
We are happy that we booked our 2013 TA when we did as the price has more than doubled since October. I am almost ready to book our air and will likely do that in the nexr week or so. Still waiting to hear about the Adriatic itinerary in 2013 as we want to do that cruise next. Toying with the idea of a Baltic cruise as well. So many great places to visit and so little time and budget. Nice to hear from all and hope that others also stumble across this thread.
Ciao,
Nikki
Thanks for the link Nikki! Merry Christmas to all... and many thanks again for helping make for an amazing cruise... No immediate plans, but we're considering another Westbound TA ... Is it true Princess will not be discounting after 31 Dec? If so, we'll probably be looking to book something with the Princess Future Cruise Credits before.... Need to look into buying Carnival stock too... Anyone tried the TAs w/ Cunard?
Kingston, ON
2,461 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by Onetack
Thanks for the link Nikki! Merry Christmas to all... and many thanks again for helping make for an amazing cruise... No immediate plans, but we're considering another Westbound TA ... Is it true Princess will not be discounting after 31 Dec? If so, we'll probably be looking to book something with the Princess Future Cruise Credits before.... Need to look into buying Carnival stock too... Anyone tried the TAs w/ Cunard?
We are taking a westward TA in November 2012 with RCL aboard the Adventure of the Seas. It is out of Malaga, Spain to San Juan, Peurto Rico. E-mail me for particulars.

I hope that everyone enjoys a Happy Holiday season whatever it is that you celebrate. May the New Year bring all that you hope for, and may we meet again.

Ciao,
Nikki
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007

Good friday morning to all. I hope everyone is well.

Today is the last day of a tweo week cycle wherein I've been down at our training academy training newer personnel. I'm glad it's over so I can get back home and finish my Christmas shopping.

Wandda; Good luck to Phil, I'm sure he'll get the job.

My (our) future cruise plans include a return to Hawaii in March of 2013. I'm also waiting for spring 2012 when they will probably release the new Royal's schedule. I (we) have an interest in doing a westbound T/A in the fall of 2013 if the prices arn't too high. I must say however, a 2013 baltics cruise sounds tempting. Only negative thing might be limited sea days on the Emerald P based itineraries I looked at. Might have to put up with that since if we choose a Baltic itinerary, Wanda and I could resume our martini wars.....

Hope all have a great weekend and a verry Merry Christmas a week from Sunday....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by JerryinBWB

Jerry;

Sounds like some great cruise plans....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Great White North, Eh!
4,783 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531978

Apparently we weren't the only roll call to have issues with a breakaway FB roll call. John Heald, a terrific guy who helped Phil and I shop for my engagement ring , took to his FB page to issue an apology about a M & G and rumours that he will no longer schedule them.

Apparently from what I can gather, at the M & G, which was also on a transatlantic, the two groups - CC & FB - had a nasty clash and someone designated himself the bouncer and refused admission to those he didn't think deserved to be there...I kid you not!! Some of the details included a cruiser insulting the captain who had the misfortune to be there and he and the CD left right after. Not a good way for adults to act.

Read the thread...if you dare LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Anubi
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531978

Apparently we weren't the only roll call to have issues with a breakaway FB roll call. John Heald, a terrific guy who helped Phil and I shop for my engagement ring , took to his FB page to issue an apology about a M & G and rumours that he will no longer schedule them.

Apparently from what I can gather, at the M & G, which was also on a transatlantic, the two groups - CC & FB - had a nasty clash and someone designated himself the bouncer and refused admission to those he didn't think deserved to be there...I kid you not!! Some of the details included a cruiser insulting the captain who had the misfortune to be there and he and the CD left right after. Not a good way for adults to act.

Read the thread...if you dare LOL
Wanda;

Thanks for posting the link. It's really sad the way some people have to act.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Bravo to the Crystal Serenity.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...6pLid%3D121025

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Great White North, Eh!
4,783 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
I've been following a CC thread called 'Baltics Newbies' and someone posted that NCL has already got their 2013 cruise on the website. So I surfed over to Expedia and found out that not only NCL, but Holland America and Azamara have 2013 cruises out.

Isn't that a bit unusual?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Montreal, Canada
674 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Just popping into our new home to say hi to everyone (thanks Ann and Wanda for your e-mails with the new link). I am glad we have a place to keep in touch - apart from e-mails!

Time has been flying since being back from the cruise. I just returned yesterday from a business trip out West - Edmonton and Vancouver. And now Christmas is just one week away!!

Sylvain and I would like to wish you all happiness and blessings with your loved ones during this holiday season.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Laura
Learn to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want...

Check out my October 2008 Grand Princess Egypt & Aegean review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=934294
Vermont
4,108 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Found you all, again!

Winter has been slow in coming this year to Vermont, good for the heating bill but not good for skiers and the holiday spirit. We had a dusting of snow over the weekend but it is supposed to rain tomorrow. A Christmas without snow is a very rare occurance here but we are starting to cross all our fingers and toes that we get a little by Christmas eve.

I assume any RHRs that visited the Cinque Terre on Oct 24 has heard about the devastating mudslide and flood that severely damaged Vernazza the very next day. We had lunch there at a restaurant in the main piazza. I wonder if there were any cruise passengers there that day. I look back at my photos and much of what I photographed has been buried or washed away. Very sad. Go to Save Vernazza on Facebook or Rick Steve's website for more info.

I want to wish everyone a warm happy holiday with family and friends. I don't send out Christmas cards anymore so consider this yours. I also came across these tips on line and thought they were great, so I am also giving each and every one of you this link as my gift.

http://www.thedailybuzz.com.au/2011/...storage-ideas/
Palmdale, Ca
33,405 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by Carolyn R
Found you all, again!

Winter has been slow in coming this year to Vermont, good for the heating bill but not good for skiers and the holiday spirit. We had a dusting of snow over the weekend but it is supposed to rain tomorrow. A Christmas without snow is a very rare occurance here but we are starting to cross all our fingers and toes that we get a little by Christmas eve.

I assume any RHRs that visited the Cinque Terre on Oct 24 has heard about the devastating mudslide and flood that severely damaged Vernazza the very next day. We had lunch there at a restaurant in the main piazza. I wonder if there were any cruise passengers there that day. I look back at my photos and much of what I photographed has been buried or washed away. Very sad. Go to Save Vernazza on Facebook or Rick Steve's website for more info.

I want to wish everyone a warm happy holiday with family and friends. I don't send out Christmas cards anymore so consider this yours. I also came across these tips on line and thought they were great, so I am also giving each and every one of you this link as my gift.

http://www.thedailybuzz.com.au/2011/...storage-ideas/
Carolyn;

Glad you found us. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
Kingston, ON
2,461 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Happy to see that more are finding this thread. We are also going to have a green Christmas here. 3 times we have had a 3-4 inch accumulation of snow, and the lake has frozen over. Now once again we have bare ground. Although the lake froze last evening, the ice will be gone tomorrow when the thermometer shoot back up to 45. A good thing too as our propane heater went on the fritz on Sunday. Repairman hopes the part will be in this afternoon. Using electricity in the meantime, but that is really pricey!

I hope that everyone here enjoys a Happy Holiday no matter what it is that you celebrate.

Ciao,
Nikki
Near Loch Lomond, Scotland
2,836 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
No white Christmas forecast for Scotland either. The snow we had has almost all gone and the temp is up.
Looking forward to our Dubai cruise in February.
To all have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.
Flora