Rockin' Royals Martini Party

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:03 PM.
Northern California
3,548 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
Good Morning RRMC members!

As you can see our party list grew overnight. (39) One couple slid by without us adding to the list, we had hands waving enthusiasm, also some fun CA winos wanted to join us, plus Barb and Roy sent their post to another thread. With so many threads… it can be confusing. So having said all of that, WELCOME ALL and we hope to find the perfect location to meet and enjoy a delicious “Martini.”

Many of us are Platinum, Elite or Suite passengers and if we find that we like Bellini’s, and it is a large, that may just be the place. That was one nice thing about the Ruby Skywalker Lounge – we could find a few areas for large groups. Many times around 5:00 pm we've walked past the Crown Grill, Wheelhouse and they are empty. Maybe those are options. For now, we have to find out what the ROYAL has to offer and if Princess will assist.

As with all social gathering, some of you will drop out and some will not show up, so with the perfect number of “39” …. those that do attend will become “official” members of the Rockin Royals Martini Club.

Also, just a reminder that Eddie and I do not plan to request a martini sampling party. The feed back from others is they rather order their favorite martini, and do not wish to pay $30 when they may only want one martini.

I hope all of this sounds OK to everyone!

Happy Week-end to All!
Franky
Thanks so much for taking on the task of organizing this for us!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy and Bruce

Ontario, Canada
917 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Franky,
It all sounds wonderful!! Thanks for planning this event.
Jan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Royal Princess (Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale) October 2017
Caribbean Princess (Fort Lauderdale return) January 2018
Celebrity Reflection (Fort Lauderdale return) January 2018
Celebrity Reflection (Fort Lauderdale return - Mardi Gras) February 2018
Emerald Princess (Los Angeles return) October 2018

Completed :: Celebrity Equinox (Western Caribbean) March 2017, Celebrity Eclipse (Southern Caribbean) February 2017, Celebrity Xpedition (Galapagos) September 2016, Celebrity Millennium (Singapore to Hong Kong) February 2016, RCI Mariner (Singapore return) February 2016, Sinorama Gold 8 (Yangtze River) November 2015, Golden Princess (Buenos Aires to Los Angeles) - March 2014, Royal Princess (Venice to Fort Lauderdale)- October 2013 , Celebrity Solstice (Perth to Sydney) - February 2013, Celebrity Solstice (Auckland to Sydney) - January 2013, Grand Princess (Transatlantic) - November 2011, Movenpick Royal Lily (Nile River) - October 2011, Pacific Princess(Rome to Venice) - July 2010, Celebrity Solstice(Carribean) - March 2010, Carribean Princess (Carribean) - March 2009, Azamara Quest(Black Sea)-July 2008, RCI (AOS)(Carribean) - March 2008, Uniworld(Duoro River) - July 2007, Carnival Destiny (Carribean) - March 2007, Celebrity Century (Baltic) - July 2006, Celebrity Millennium (Med) - July 2005, Coral Princess (Alaska) - July 2003
FLORIDA -LAND OF THE MOUSE
1,407 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Rockin Royal Martini Club

October 23, 2013 @ 5:00 pm @ ?? Lounge
Host - Eddie and Franky

(Date may change if formal night. Location must be approved by Princess)

Attendees:

Eddie
Franky &Jack
Bob & Holli
Judy & Art
Bruce & Nancy
Lynda & Marilyn
Joyce & John
Marla & Jerry
Jack & Jeanette
Eric & Bernadette
Terri & Patrick
Dorothy & Joe
Dave & Jan
Mary & Tom
Jackie & Rich (Solivita Lady)

Favorites of the “RR Martini Club”!
RR Ricky Martin, RR Chairman of the Board, RR Royal Cosmo, RR Belvedere Gin, RR Stolie Straight Up w/3 olives, RR Gin, RR Toasted Almond, RR Chocolate,

NOTE: Cut off for attendees is 30 … due to not having a confirmed location!
Eddie & Franky, I have added Jackie & Rich to the Martini Group and my drink is the Rockin Royal Milky Way Martini
If the group has grown too big just put us on the waitlist, but I think that since we are not having a specific martini tasting why not just use the lounge for platinum/elite (we can bring those who are not in as friends, I believe) so we can all attend and just order what we like to drink. Just an idea so everyone can be included.

Jackie
Laguna Niguel, CA
1,516 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Originally posted by SOLIVITA LADY
Eddie & Franky, I have added Jackie & Rich to the Martini Group and my drink is the Rockin Royal Milky Way Martini
If the group has grown too big just put us on the waitlist, but I think that since we are not having a specific martini tasting why not just use the lounge for platinum/elite (we can bring those who are not in as friends, I believe) so we can all attend and just order what we like to drink. Just an idea so everyone can be included.

Jackie
Franky,

Randy and Sandy keep dropping off the list, but we were confirmed and we are on the official list. I think it is because of cutting and pasting. Can I jump up and down once again since we are on yor confirmed list? Thanks, Sandy

This is officially closed!!!!

Host - Eddie and Franky

Attendees:

Eddie
Franky &Jack
Bob & Holli
Judy & Art
Bruce & Nancy
Lynda & Marilyn
Joyce & John
Marla & Jerry
Jack & Jeanette
Eric & Bernadette
Terri & Patrick
Dorothy & Joe
Dave & Jan
Mary & Tom
Denise & Brian
Randy & Sandy
Joel & Diane
Bernie & Tracey
Barb & Craig
Barbara & Roy

RR Ricky Martin, RR Chairman of the Board, RR Royal Cosmo, RR Belvedere Gin, RR Stolie Straight Up w/3 olives, RR Gin, RR Toasted Almond, RR Chocolate, Black Star Liner

FULL - NO BAR STOOLS LEFT!

CAROLINA CRUISERS 2 & JABOW1
[email protected]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sandy
2019 Grand Princess Hawaiian Islands Roundtrip
2018 Grand Princess Alaska San Francisco Roundtrip
2017 Regal Princess Northern Europe Transatlantic
2016 Caribbean Princess British Isle Transatlantic
2015 Ruby Princess Coastal Getaway
2015 Royal Princess Western Europe Passage
2014 Golden Princess West Coast Getaway
2014 Sapphire Grand Asia Pacific Crossing
2014 Sapphire Coastal Sampler
2013 Golden Princess West Coast Getaway
2012 Grand Princess London Transatlantic
2011 Sapphire Princess Coastal LA Roundtrip
2010 Golden Princess LA to Hawaii Roundtrip
2009 Golden Princess Vancouver to LA
2008 Caribbean Princess New England
2007 Star Princess Scandinavia/Russia
2006 Golden Princess Western Europe/Bristish Isles
2005 Celebrity Infinity Northwest
2004 Diamond Princess Alaska
1997 Carnival Mexico
1985 Carnival Bahamas
1967 Matson Lurline Hawaii to San Francisco

Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Originally posted by Eppe4
Franky, do you play Mah Jongg? There will be a lot of us playing on the crossing. Great game.
Joyce, my cabin mate, Marilyn, absolutely loves to play mah jongg. She would really appreciate it if you could add her to the group. On the RHR cruise, I always knew where to find her -- The Crown Grill, of course!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
NJ
2,382 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Lynda90
Joyce, my cabin mate, Marilyn, absolutely loves to play mah jongg. She would really appreciate it if you could add her to the group. On the RHR cruise, I always knew where to find her -- The Crown Grill, of course!
Linda, we don't have a list yet but Marilyn will certainly be welcome. Tell her we'll all talk about it at the Meet & Greet and it's posted in the Patter each day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Joyce
California
1,251 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Originally posted by candide333
Franky,

Randy and Sandy keep dropping off the list, but we were confirmed and we are on the official list. I think it is because of cutting and pasting. Can I jump up and down once again since we are on yor confirmed list? Thanks, Sandy

This is officially closed!!!!

Host - Eddie and Franky

Attendees:

Eddie
Franky &Jack
Bob & Holli
Judy & Art
Bruce & Nancy
Lynda & Marilyn
Joyce & John
Marla & Jerry
Jack & Jeanette
Eric & Bernadette
Terri & Patrick
Dorothy & Joe
Dave & Jan
Mary & Tom
Denise & Brian
Randy & Sandy
Joel & Diane
Bernie & Tracey
Barb & Craig
Barbara & Roy

RR Ricky Martin, RR Chairman of the Board, RR Royal Cosmo, RR Belvedere Gin, RR Stolie Straight Up w/3 olives, RR Gin, RR Toasted Almond, RR Chocolate, Black Star Liner

FULL - NO BAR STOOLS LEFT!

CAROLINA CRUISERS 2 & JABOW1
[email protected]

Feel free to jump up and down.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Eddie .
.......................... Every year without a tombstone is a milestone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent using the Cruise Critic website on my Laptop.
Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004

Jackie
Jackie, I was thinking the same thing and think this is an excellent idea. We could pick a night when the specialty drink is something most everyone would like such as cosmo or chairman of the board. Anyone who doesn't like those drinks can order what they want. That way we would also have some nice appetizers provided!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
1,407 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Lynda90
Jackie, I was thinking the same thing and think this is an excellent idea. We could pick a night when the specialty drink is something most everyone would like such as cosmo or chairman of the board. Anyone who doesn't like those drinks can order what they want. That way we would also have some nice appetizers provided!
Lynda, looks like Rich and I didn't make the list so we will just do a Martini Tasting on our own up at the Platinum/Elite lounge which I thought was a good idea but, alas, since I wasn't the one doing the organizing I have no pull on where it gets held.

We'll just do our own thing and anyone who wants to join up there is more than welcome - that's probably where you will find us anyway sometime between 5 & 8.

Jackie
Eastern North Carolina
2,576 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Greetings All,

What fun to see so many martini lovers out there. This party is full, closed and has no wait list. We did not mean to offend or aggravate anyone that did not get on the list. We are just trying to have a little fun.

Now having said that... I agree with Jackie and Lynda ... we can meet on any and every afternoon 5:00 - 7:00 pm at the "Lounge Party for Elite, Platinum, and Suite Guest" at Bellini's. They make great Cosmos and Chairman tini's. The official list that Eddie and I have can not be cut and paste so don't worry about your name dropping off. Eddie has a list with your CC name and hopefully your cabin number.

This little party is the same as tours. I have attempted to sign up for many and they filled before my posting was viewed. Happens to all of us.

Have a wonderful week-end! NC is in full bloom!
Franky

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:

2018 SapphirePrincess – Mediterranean & SoutheastAsia (29)

2018 Grand Princess – Mexican Riviera (10)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 CaribbeanPrincess – Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016 Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015 Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest toAmsterdam; 2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – NewEngland/Canada; 2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess -Grand Mediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL –SF; 2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean

Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Lynda, looks like Rich and I didn't make the list so we will just do a Martini Tasting on our own up at the Platinum/Elite lounge which I thought was a good idea but, alas, since I wasn't the one doing the organizing I have no pull on where it gets held.

We'll just do our own thing and anyone who wants to join up there is more than welcome - that's probably where you will find us anyway sometime between 5 & 8.

Jackie
Jackie, that's one of the perks I really enjoy. It's really fun to meet up at the end of the day and chat with a drink or so. Really looking forward to doing this and catching up with friends!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
Australia
651 Posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jackie
Ah the perils of so many threads and lack of time to keep up! We didn't get on the list either, so will probably have to drown our sorrows in the Platinum/Elite lounge too! Never mind, it will all be good fun!

Sue
1,407 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by cruising kirby
Ah the perils of so many threads and lack of time to keep up! We didn't get on the list either, so will probably have to drown our sorrows in the Platinum/Elite lounge too! Never mind, it will all be good fun!

Sue
Sue, absolutely agree, so many threads, so little time. Everyone will have a great time and we can all get to know each other over the next 18 months. That is, if I can keep up with all the boards. May just wait till final payment then get more involved as the threads should quiet down a lot by then as I know we will probably lose some people as priorities change.

See you at the Platinum/Elite lounge.

Jackie
Texas
715 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Hi Franky... I would like to be put on a wait-list for the RRMP. My name is Karen, from Texas, go be CoaColaCruisr, and am in D708. Thanks for planning this fun get-together. Hopefully, I'll be able to fill in for someone who has to drop off the list for one reason or another.

Karen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

Fun's comin'....
Palmdale, Ca
33,426 Posts
Joined Sep 2007

Host - Eddie and Franky

Attendees:

Eddie
Franky &Jack
Bob & Holli
Judy & Art
Bruce & Nancy
Lynda & Marilyn
Joyce & John
Marla & Jerry
Jack & Jeanette
Eric & Bernadette
Terri & Patrick
Dorothy & Joe
Dave & Jan
Mary & Tom
Denise & Brian

NOTE: Cut off for attendees is 30 … due to not having a confirmed location!
Franky;

I'm looking forward to being a charter member.....

Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future: Star Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 11/18
Future: Emerald Princess Alaska R/T From from Los Angeles 04/18
Pacific Princess Panama Canal Cruise 05/17 - 17 Days
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/16 - 17 Days **First Princess Elite Cruise**
Caribbean Princess Iceland/Norway T/A 09/15 - 16 Days
Golden Princess West Coast Getaway 04/15 - 3 Days
Royal Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/13 - 18 Days Inaugural T/A Crossing
Sapphire Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 03/13 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/11 - 18 Days
Golden Princess Hawaii R/T From LA 02/11 - 14 Days
Ruby Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/09 - 18 Days
Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09 - 12 Days
Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08 - 18 Days
Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Alaska Repo 05/05 - 14 Days
Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02 - 14 Days
RCCL Rhapsody OTS Alaska 09/01 - 7 Days
RCCL Splendour OTS Baltic/Northern Europe 09/99 - 12 Days
HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96 - 7 Days
Carnival Holiday Western Caribbean 07/93 - 7 Days

240 Days At Sea: 167 Days Princess , 42 Days Celebrity. 19 Days RCCL, 7 Days HAL, 7 Days Carnival.....

My Cruise Pictures on Flickr

Roll Call Thread

Roll Call Thread
suburban Washington, D.C.
2,246 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Greetings All,

What fun to see so many martini lovers out there. This party is full, closed and has no wait list. We did not mean to offend or aggravate anyone that did not get on the list. We are just trying to have a little fun.

Now having said that... I agree with Jackie and Lynda ... we can meet on any and every afternoon 5:00 - 7:00 pm at the "Lounge Party for Elite, Platinum, and Suite Guest" at Bellini's. They make great Cosmos and Chairman tini's. The official list that Eddie and I have can not be cut and paste so don't worry about your name dropping off. Eddie has a list with your CC name and hopefully your cabin number.

This little party is the same as tours. I have attempted to sign up for many and they filled before my posting was viewed. Happens to all of us.

Have a wonderful week-end! NC is in full bloom!
Franky
Hi Franky--

Please add me (Susan) to your martini-lovers list. I like Lemon Drop martinis and chocolate-raspberry martinis, and I had a watermelon martini last summer that was fabulous!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Shores of Lake Ontario
2,420 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Martinis can be bad for your health; evidence this story:

A lady staggers in to a bar; it's evident she's already had a few. Says to the bartender "Hey Mack, give me a martooni and put an olive in it". So he does and she drinks it right down.

After a minute or two she says "Hey Mack, give me another martooni and put an olive in it". So he does, and she drinks that one down too.

A few minutes later she says "Hey Mack, give me another martooni but leave the olive out. It's giving me heartburn". The bartender walks over to her an says "Okay lady but lets get a few things straight first. My name isn't Mack, it's Joe; it's not martooni, it's martini, and Lady, that olive ain't giving you heartburn;it's your t*t in the ashtray!"

Harry
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
United States Army (Retired)

Prescription for a happy life: "Always put off till tomorrow what you don't feel like doing today." and "Budget the luxuries first."

531 days at sea. 50 Cruises: 23 RCCL, 19 Princess, 8 Carnival, 11 Transatlantics

Our Ships:

Carnival - Celebration, Triumph, Splendor, Valor, Pride, Glory

RCCL - Adventure, Grandeur, Liberty, Mariner, Enchantment, Navigator, Explorer, Majesty, Radiance

Princess - Sun, Dawn, Grand, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Ocean, Royal

Coming up:

March 2018 12 Night Caribbean - Grandeur of the Seas

May 2018 7+7 Night Alaska - Celebrity Millennium

March 2019 28 Night Hawaii/South Pacific - Star Princess
Eastern North Carolina
2,576 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by traveling1969
Martinis can be bad for your health; evidence this story:

A lady staggers in to a bar; it's evident she's already had a few. Says to the bartender "Hey Mack, give me a martooni and put an olive in it". So he does and she drinks it right down.

After a minute or two she says "Hey Mack, give me another martooni and put an olive in it". So he does, and she drinks that one down too.

A few minutes later she says "Hey Mack, give me another martooni but leave the olive out. It's giving me heartburn". The bartender walks over to her an says "Okay lady but lets get a few things straight first. My name isn't Mack, it's Joe; it's not martooni, it's martini, and Lady, that olive ain't giving you heartburn;it's your t*t in the ashtray!"

Harry

Harry, LOL - your joke. And I love your signature quote below..... especially about budgeting the luxuries first. Forget the damn kids. They can make their own money. We gonna keep cruising.

"Always put off till tomorrow what you don't feel like doing today." and "Budget the luxuries first."

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:

2018 SapphirePrincess – Mediterranean & SoutheastAsia (29)

2018 Grand Princess – Mexican Riviera (10)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 CaribbeanPrincess – Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016 Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015 Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest toAmsterdam; 2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – NewEngland/Canada; 2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess -Grand Mediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL –SF; 2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean