N. California - Meet and Greet

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:07 PM.
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
Good Day CA Friends,

I am going to do something I never do .... I am going to invest $20 in lotto tickets. I know! Silly me!

Have a great week-end!
Not silly at all. We invested $5. If I win, I'll by drinks for everyone on our roll call
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by timetravler
Not silly at all. We invested $5. If I win, I'll by drinks for everyone on our roll call
Just tell me when and where the free drinks will be.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

Princess - 46 Cruises, 545 Days
HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
The operative word here is If we win.
Got to think positively. The operative word is WHEN.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Northern California
2,631 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Carolina Cruisers 2
Bill and Gail, I am so sorry to hear that. One of the grandchildren in the family is developmentally challanged. The grandfather of my sons wife is taking 10 of his grandchildren and their spouses to this event at $150 per ticket. My son, starting a new business in Marin County, would not be able to afford this elegant dinner. Plus my son is not a formal wear person.

We have a center in New Bern, the Howell Center, and as a member of the New Bern Woman's Cub, we just did a fundraiser for that organization.

Sorry I mentioned what will be a fun event for my son and his in-laws, but it brought back sad memories for both of you. How is your son doing and what is his name.

I look forward to meeting you on our wonderful cruise.
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Bill Jr. Is doing fine. He'll be 35 years old in July. Look forward to meeting you on the cruise.
N. California
151 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
The operative word here is If we win.

I hope to take the " f " out of If. It's up to 640 Mil! Hope someone we know wins if " I " can't.

We're from the Linden area but may not make pre-cruise meet and greets. We don't like driving that much any more. Not looking forward to our trip on the Sapphire as we will have a long drive to San Pedro for our coastal cruise in October.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by JKNT
I hope to take the " f " out of If. It's up to 640 Mil! Hope someone we know wins if " I " can't.

We're from the Linden area but may not make pre-cruise meet and greets. We don't like driving that much any more. Not looking forward to our trip on the Sapphire as we will have a long drive to San Pedro for our coastal cruise in October.
We're likely to have an onboard Northern California meet & greet too so keep that in mind. What date is your coastal cruise in October? We're doing a coastal cruise from San Pedro on the Sapphire that sails on October 6th.

Good luck on the $640 million jackpot.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
We went to the winery I have been talking about for a get together maybe this year sometime. I told them what I want to do as far as bringing a group of cruisers to the winery for a picnic and such. They said they would be thrilled to have a bunch of cruisers come to the winery. So, this plan is moving foward.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We went to the winery I have been talking about for a get together maybe this year sometime. I told them what I want to do as far as bringing a group of cruisers to the winery for a picnic and such. They said they would be thrilled to have a bunch of cruisers come to the winery. So, this plan is moving foward.
Great! Now we just need to set a date and time.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Wineforhealth may be busy today as we had freezing weather this morning and the wind machines in the vineyards were on. Yesterday we went for a bike ride and it was pretty cold. I'm still waiting for spring.
Now I have never had 2 cruises booked at the same time like I have now. I totally have to think before posting anything so I don't get the 2 cruises mixed up. The most we have cruised in 1 year were 3 cruises, but I only booked one at a time. I still can not get over ALL the activity for this cruise on the Royal.
Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Wineforhealth may be busy today as we had freezing weather this morning and the wind machines in the vineyards were on. Yesterday we went for a bike ride and it was pretty cold. I'm still waiting for spring.
Now I have never had 2 cruises booked at the same time like I have now. I totally have to think before posting anything so I don't get the 2 cruises mixed up. The most we have cruised in 1 year were 3 cruises, but I only booked one at a time. I still can not get over ALL the activity for this cruise on the Royal.
Yes, I suspect he is quite busy. I woke up at 3 AM this morning to the sound of literally every wind machine in our area. It was 31 degrees at 7:30 AM. With the incredibly early spring, frosts like this one can be devastating.

We, too, have multiple cruises booked and, yes, I have to keep my wits about me when posting.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
Eastern North Carolina
2,576 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by WineCountryCruiser
We, too, have multiple cruises booked and, yes, I have to keep my wits about me when posting. Craig

Craig, I agree about keeping our wits! We are also booked on a couple cruises so one must be extra cautious when posting. I almost sent a post about Amalfi coast to our 49 day SA threat. LOL
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:

2018 SapphirePrincess – Mediterranean & SoutheastAsia (29)

2018 Grand Princess – Mexican Riviera (10)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 CaribbeanPrincess – Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016 Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015 Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest toAmsterdam; 2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – NewEngland/Canada; 2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess -Grand Mediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL –SF; 2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean

California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
I'm the same way. When talking to my husband on which tours I have booked, I sometimes tell him the wrong tour for the cruise. Imagine how hard it is for those that are organizing tours on more then one cruise. They should be rewarded.
Northern California
3,548 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to remember which cruise the post is about. I have three booked and I'm trying to prioritize my planning and posting with 'first cruise first'.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Nancy and Bruce

Eastern North Carolina
2,576 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Garren (my son) said it's chilly in Novato, but they still have a big Easter egg hunt planned for tomorrow morning in San Anselmo, a family brunch in Ross on Sunday and a family BBQ in San Rafael Sunday afternoon. He married into a large Irish family.

Wishing all of YOU a fun filled week-end!

Your half-CA friend!

(Well, I lived half my life in Marin, that makes me a half CA)

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Franky - CarolinaCruisers2

Future Cruises:

2018 SapphirePrincess – Mediterranean & SoutheastAsia (29)

2018 Grand Princess – Mexican Riviera (10)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

2017 Celebrity Equinox- Mardi Gras; 2016 CaribbeanPrincess – Norway & Iceland Explorer TA; 2016 Diamond Princess – NZ, Aust., Asia; 2015 Emerald Princess – Spanish Passage; 2015 Viking Bragi – Budapest toAmsterdam; 2015 Coral Princess – Panama Canal; 2014 Ruby Princess – NewEngland/Canada; 2014 Emerald Princess – Caribbean B2B; 2013 Royal Princess -Grand Mediterranean & Maiden Voyage/TA; 2013 Grand Princess 49 day SA FL –SF; 2012 Grand Princess – Caribbean; 2011 Emerald Princess - Northern EuropeanPassage; 2011 Emerald Princess – Baltic/TA; 2011 Golden Princess – Hawaii; 2010Ruby Princess - Trans Atlantic; 2010 Crown Princess –Caribbean; 2009 RubyPrincess -Western Caribbean; 2008 Island Princess - Panama Canal; 2007Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean; 2006 Caribbean Princess - SouthernCaribbean; 2005 Star Princess - Eastern Caribbean; 2004 Grand Princess -EasternCaribbean

San Francisco Peninsula
92 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Hi all. I'd like to see if there's interest in holding a Meet & Greet for Rockin' Royals in the Northern California area. We've done this before and it's a great way to get acquainted (or renew old acquaintances) before the cruise.

Craig

Now that we are "on board" keep us in the loop for a meet and greet - if we're in town that is...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Princess, 37
Marco Polo, 1
Cruise West, 1
Windstar, 1
Disney, 2
Carnival, 3
First Cruise: SS Monterey 1976
Santa Rosa, Ca
1,151 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
As a fairly recent addition to the CC message boards I just stumbled upon your group. As a resident of Santa Rosa and someone that loves everything about cruise vacations, I thought I would step in here and say hello. As you can see, we have done a few interesting cruises in the past and are really looking forward to this August and the "Grand Mediterranean" cruise on the Ruby Princess.
Unfortunately, the work stuff still gets into the way of our vacation time, but only until the end of 2013. We are still both blessed with good health.
My wife Renee and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary aboard the Ruby this August. Both of our kids are up and out on their own and will never come home broke, so we will proceed to go about spending whatever they might have thought they were going to inherit. Travel is our top priority. Cruising is our favorite form of travel.
So all that said,, Hello!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Always look on the Bright side of Life!"

[email protected]

Mexican Cruise Viking Serenade,RCI Dec 1997
Caribbean cruise, Monarch of the Seas, Sept 2001
Tahiti and Islands, Tahitian Princess, October 2004
Alaska Inside Passage, cruise tour, Diamond Princess, September 2008
Grand Mediterranean Ruby Princess Aug 2012

Napa Valley, California
1,977 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Matcodixon
As a fairly recent addition to the CC message boards I just stumbled upon your group. As a resident of Santa Rosa and someone that loves everything about cruise vacations, I thought I would step in here and say hello. As you can see, we have done a few interesting cruises in the past and are really looking forward to this August and the "Grand Mediterranean" cruise on the Ruby Princess.
Unfortunately, the work stuff still gets into the way of our vacation time, but only until the end of 2013. We are still both blessed with good health.
My wife Renee and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary aboard the Ruby this August. Both of our kids are up and out on their own and will never come home broke, so we will proceed to go about spending whatever they might have thought they were going to inherit. Travel is our top priority. Cruising is our favorite form of travel.
So all that said,, Hello!
Hi and thanks for stopping by! DW and I live in the Napa Valley (and have for going on 22 years). She commutes each day to her job in Santa Rosa. We celebrated our 25th anniversary back in 2004 with our very first cruise (on the Regal Princess). We too love to travel and are hopelessly addicted to cruising.

Craig
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:

HAL - 1 Cruise, 22 Days
California
3,076 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
We have 2 new people that joined the roll call. They are Jayne and Jim. I hope they come here. Anyways they want to join in at our get togethers. I can't wait. I'm actually amazed that several people are on this cruise that are from the wine country. That's very cool.
Santa Rosa, Ca
1,151 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Hi and thanks for stopping by! DW and I live in the Napa Valley (and have for going on 22 years). She commutes each day to her job in Santa Rosa. We celebrated our 25th anniversary back in 2004 with our very first cruise (on the Regal Princess). We too love to travel and are hopelessly addicted to cruising.

Craig
If she commutes via Calistoga, she drives past our house on Mark West Springs road. The Napa Valley is beautiful and I have spent quite a bit of time there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Always look on the Bright side of Life!"

[email protected]

Mexican Cruise Viking Serenade,RCI Dec 1997
Caribbean cruise, Monarch of the Seas, Sept 2001
Tahiti and Islands, Tahitian Princess, October 2004
Alaska Inside Passage, cruise tour, Diamond Princess, September 2008
Grand Mediterranean Ruby Princess Aug 2012