RADIANCE Apr 22/12 - MACADAMIA CRUISE NUTS - Hawaii to Vancouver

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:27 PM.
AUMSVILLE, OREGON
1,561 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
I recall two other nuts wanted to read the book after you but, for the life of me....I can't remember who(m)!

I believe Marilyn (Lyneese) was 2nd to ask. I had recommended each reader write a short comment on the blank inside page and mail it to the next reader.

I have another copy so I don't mind if this one ne ver finds it's way back to me.

Glad you're enjoying it. Have you gotten to the part about the cruise line that was started with stolen money, yet???
B.C. Canada
323 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Chip and Dale
Hi Deannie

So glad you found this thread. YUP this is now our permanent home. My only question is....if we had the other thread shut down due to so many posts, will they do the same thing with this one?

Glad you are feeling better!!!!!! We are looking forward to our long weekend. We are well enough for the kids to come home for my B'day and mothers day now whooo hooooo!
Dee
Happy Belated Birthday Dee
So sorry I missed your Birthday. Have a wonderful weekend with your family.

Deannie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[/url]
Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Silly girl of course she can I still like her hair

We are having frickin freezin temps and overcast skies with rain, but no snow and the weekend should be good, so I won't complain at all, although I kinda just did

Last night I got a lot of our lawn furniture out of the cabana and put out one of my many garden angels, some planters and cleaned up a bit. Tonight I will do a little more so Dennis won't feel he has to do everything on the weekend if he isn't feel well or is tired after his long week. The kids may all come home, if not there will be 3, so that will be nice and hopefully we can barbecue.
Dee
Dee,
Make sure to check your BBQ before using. We BBQ year round, and during our absence a family of rats took residence in our yard. When I first saw them (just young ones) cavorting and frolicking in the grass and shrubs I decided to see where they were nesting. They ran to the side of the patio where they had a tunnel underneath. Remaining calm and collected I quickly lost that cool when I opened our bbq and it was full of d r o p p i n g s!!! Oh so gross!
All 12 of them have since been 'sent on' and the BBQ is slated for special garbage pickup!
Helga
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Brilliance of the Seas - Mediterranean - Sept 2009

"Good things when short, are twice as good." ~Gracian 1642
Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by STEVE-O
I recall two other nuts wanted to read the book after you but, for the life of me....I can't remember who(m)!

I believe Marilyn (Lyneese) was 2nd to ask. I had recommended each reader write a short comment on the blank inside page and mail it to the next reader.

I have another copy so I don't mind if this one ne ver finds it's way back to me.

Glad you're enjoying it. Have you gotten to the part about the cruise line that was started with stolen money, yet???
Steve,
Please add me to the list of readers, I would love to read the book. Or what may be easier is to post the title and author and I can check out the book stores.

P.S. Just in case you don't remember, I met with you and Nancy at the M&M, just before you were to go up to the front for your presentation.

Thanks!
Helga
AUMSVILLE, OREGON
1,561 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Nancy and I made it home fine without ever encountering the crud.
That's the good news. The bad news is......
Nancy's medical conditon has forced her to permanently leave the job she LOVES....that being a pediatric nurse. Yesterday was her last day after 23 years on the same floor with many of the same co-workers. Lots of tears all around yesterday.

She's now on short-term disability while the hospital looks for a position she can work without prolonged standing or walking. If they don't find a place for her she'll have to go on long-term/permanent disability.....a possibility she dreads at only 53 years old. She'd also lose her health care benefits at that point which will be messy......

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....how did you like the play????
Charlotte, NC
6,367 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Hi all!

Sorry this has to be a quick check in but I need to get ready for work. I bring my netbook with me and turn on the slideshow and watch the pics during my shift. It really helps!

We are leaving at oh dark thirty tomorrow for Fla. Hospice called on Monday and said Lee's father does not have much longer. He is now in a nursing home for the time being.

I will not be able to check in as Lee's mother does not have internet.

Hi to all and especially to Helga! It was so nice meeting you onboard and I am very glad you found us!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Martha + "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

Mariner of The Seas 10/2005; Splendour of the Seas 3/2006; Majesty of the Seas 11/2006, 12/2008, 11/2016; Jewel of the Seas 11/2007, 12/2008; Enchantment of the Seas 5/2008; Radiance of the Seas 2/2010, 11/2010, 4/2012; Monarch of the Seas 6/2010; Serenade of the Seas 12/2013, 1/2017; Liberty of the Seas b2b 12/2014; Brilliance of the Seas 11/2015

Don't cry because it's over......Smile because it happened!
Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by waf125
Hi all!

Sorry this has to be a quick check in but I need to get ready for work. I bring my netbook with me and turn on the slideshow and watch the pics during my shift. It really helps!

We are leaving at oh dark thirty tomorrow for Fla. Hospice called on Monday and said Lee's father does not have much longer. He is now in a nursing home for the time being.

Hi to all and especially to Helga! It was so nice meeting you onboard and I am very glad you found us!
Hi Martha! I will never forget you with your warm and welcoming hug! It was such a good M&M. I wish that we would have signed up for some of the activities. As it was we were travelling with another couple and that made it a bit difficult. If we really do have a re-union cruise (and I have heard that these really do happen) then I will make sure to get more involved.
Helga
SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Hi Deannie

So glad you found this thread. YUP this is now our permanent home. My only question is....if we had the other thread shut down due to so many posts, will they do the same thing with this one?

Glad you are feeling better!!!!!! We are looking forward to our long weekend. We are well enough for the kids to come home for my B'day and mothers day now whooo hooooo!
Dee
If CC starts another NUTS thread, where would they put us? We have already been banished from the kingdom.

I may have -- reading it in short spurts has not given me a lot of continuity! What is the best way to mail a book to Canada? Would it be cheaper for me to fly up there and hand-deliver it?

Nancy and I made it home fine without ever encountering the crud.
That's the good news. The bad news is......
Nancy's medical conditon has forced her to permanently leave the job she LOVES....that being a pediatric nurse. Yesterday was her last day after 23 years on the same floor with many of the same co-workers. Lots of tears all around yesterday.

She's now on short-term disability while the hospital looks for a position she can work without prolonged standing or walking. If they don't find a place for her she'll have to go on long-term/permanent disability.....a possibility she dreads at only 53 years old. She'd also lose her health care benefits at that point which will be messy......

Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....how did you like the play????
Steve and Nancy, I'm sorry to hear of your setback. I hope you are successful in locating a new position. I retired at 53, and it really wasn't too bad, but I hope you are able to continue doing what you love. Good luck!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Register for the Meet & Mingle:
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Life is uncertain -- eat dessert first.
SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Hi all!

Martha and Lee, Pete and I will be thinking of you both in the days ahead. What you are going through is never easy. Take care -- I'm glad you will have each other for support.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by HoopsandYoYo
Dee,
Make sure to check your BBQ before using. We BBQ year round, and during our absence a family of rats took residence in our yard. When I first saw them (just young ones) cavorting and frolicking in the grass and shrubs I decided to see where they were nesting. They ran to the side of the patio where they had a tunnel underneath. Remaining calm and collected I quickly lost that cool when I opened our bbq and it was full of d r o p p i n g s!!! Oh so gross!
All 12 of them have since been 'sent on' and the BBQ is slated for special garbage pickup!
Helga
Wow, Helga, gross but very effective story. I wonder how many with BBQ's ran outside and looked in them after reading your story? Thanks for sharing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

6,009 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Karen, it would be cheaper for your to hand deliver it to Canada, flying first class in the pilot's seat

Martha - so sorry about Lee's dad. I do hope everything goes smoothly for you.

We were going into the concierge lounge. We tried the D lounge but didn't see any faces we knew. You must have all been hiding from us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
PLUS
CHARTER MEMBER MFPPP CLUB 2006
PROUD CHARTER MEMBER OF THE NOOTS
Proud member of F.R.E.D, Club, Fun, Relax, Eat, Drink

Upcoming - AMALyra June 2017

Celebrity edge - Dec 2018

Cunard - various ships over many years,

Royal Caribbean
Song of America,
Grandeur of the Seas,
Sovereign of the Seas,
Serenade of the Seas,
Brilliance of the Seas,
Radiance of the Seas,
Majesty of the Seas,
Serenade of the Seas (second time),
Adventure of the Seas,
Mariner of the Seas,
Brilliance of the Seas (second time),
Independence of the Seas,
Allure of the Seas,
Radiance of the Seas (second time),
Jewel of the Seas
Independence of the Seas (second time)

Celebrity Infinity,
Celebrity Millennium,
Celebrity Solstice,
Celebrity Equinox,
Celebrity Reflection (3 times),
Constellation

NCL Dreamward,

Tahitian Princess,
Emerald Princess
Royal Princess

Carnival Triumph,

Uniworld River Dutchess

HAL Zuiderdam,
Veerdam

Azamara Journey

Windstar

AMASerena

RCL Jewel

Uniworld River Beatrice
SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Big Thunder
I think one of the coolest things about meeting people via CC is that we chat away but when you actually are on the cruise serendipity steps in and you seem to bump into a few folks more often than others by way of shore excursions or sitting down in the dining room or one of the bars and strike up a friendship. We really enjoyed spending time with all the fine folks we met.
Tom, next time, we'll spend more time with you and Mollie. When we boarded, we figured we had so much time to get together, and the next thing we knew, the cruise was over!

Where did the time go?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Lynnees
Karen, it would be cheaper for your to hand deliver it to Canada, flying first class in the pilot's seat

Martha - so sorry about Lee's dad. I do hope everything goes smoothly for you.

We were going into the concierge lounge. We tried the D lounge but didn't see any faces we knew. You must have all been hiding from us.
Marilyn, were you on early seating for dinner? We would head up to Deck 13 most nights about 7pm, and follow the sound of laughter to the NUTS.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by travelgoddess1
Wow, Helga, gross but very effective story. I wonder how many with BBQ's ran outside and looked in them after reading your story? Thanks for sharing.
Karen,
Yes gross, and all our friends have bbqs....now I have to wonder about THEIR bbqs!
Helga
SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Karen,
Yes gross, and all our friends have bbqs....now I have to wonder about THEIR bbqs!
Helga
LOL, you make a good point!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB

Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by dprcan
Glad to hear that everyone is recuperating. I have not had a drink since we came back. I normally don't drink that much, but you people make me drink every night at the Diamond Club. Charlotte is almost back to 100 percent, She stayed home all weekend and rest while I did the laundry, cooking and taking Marcel to his soccer game.

Have a nice day all!
Hi Paco & Charlotte,

Speaking of drinking, we had ordered the 12 bottles of wine package for this cruise. But with Jake down with the "NutCrud" the first week and me down with it for the second week we only managed to use up 8 bottles. I ended up at the Customer Service desk and cancelled the last 4 bottles. We were credited for the original order and then they charged us for 8 individual bottles, but then to my surprise, they changed it to a charge for a 7 bottle package and 1 individual bottle, which ended up costing us less than the per bottle charge. That was nice!
I ended up going to the Medical Center on board for medication. I'm still coughing but it is much better than it was. I spent most of the last week in our cabin drinking Camomile Tea and cough syrup!

By the way Paco, Did you and Charlotte manage to tour much of Honolulu?

Helga
BC Canada
2,859 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Hi all!

Our thoughts will be with you and Lee as you deal with this difficult part of the circle of life. Take care and I hope you both have family to lean on for support.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rose
Carnival Elation 7nt. Mexico NYE 25th Dec./01
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Aug./03
Mariner 7nt. W. Caribbean May/05
Navigator 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./06
Monarch 4nt. Baja Mar./07
Serenade 7nt. Alaska Sept./07
Celebrity Millennium 3nt. Coastal Sept./08
Liberty 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./08
Mariner 7nt. Pacific Coastal May/09
Serenade 15nt. Panama Canal Oct./09
Mariner 7nt. Mexico Apr./10
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Sept./10
Radiance 5nt. Pacific Coastal May/11
Allure 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./11
Radiance 12nt. Hawaii Apr./12
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Jan./13
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Sept./13
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Dec./13
Rhapsody 13nt. Hawaii May/14
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Aug./14
Liberty 5nt. W. Caribbean Dec.1 & 6/14 B2B
Jewel 6nt. Pacific Coastal May/15
Serenade 14nt. Snowbird Migration Oct./15
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/16
Radiance 11nt. Hawaii Sept./16
Enchantment 3nt. NYE Bahamas 40th Dec./16
Serenade 11nt. S. Caribbean Jan./17
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/17
Vision 16nt. Denmark, Norway, & Iceland Aug./17

Vancouver, BC
726 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by Big Thunder
Howdy Nuts! tracked down our new location. I am currently suffering from the Nut Bug. Came down with it last tuesday and still have it.

tom
Hi Tom,
Join the Club! So many of us got this bug, it's a wonder if you didn't! We need George the/our Scientist, Creator and Keeper of Records, back on this board to list who and how many got bitten. The couple that we travelled with, he got it as well, and then our son I guess got it from me! He is still home re-cuperating.

It was nice to have met you and Mollie at the M&M. This was my first one and I think it was a good one! Too bad about the timing though as I noticed several people had to leave early for their early dinner seating.

Helga
BC Canada
2,859 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Hi Paco & Charlotte,

Speaking of drinking, we had ordered the 12 bottles of wine package for this cruise. But with Jake down with the "NutCrud" the first week and me down with it for the second week we only managed to use up 8 bottles. I ended up at the Customer Service desk and cancelled the last 4 bottles. We were credited for the original order and then they charged us for 8 individual bottles, but then to my surprise, they changed it to a charge for a 7 bottle package and 1 individual bottle, which ended up costing us less than the per bottle charge. That was nice!
I ended up going to the Medical Center on board for medication. I'm still coughing but it is much better than it was. I spent most of the last week in our cabin drinking Camomile Tea and cough syrup!

By the way Paco, Did you and Charlotte manage to tour much of Honolulu?

Helga
Sorry to hear Helga that you were not well for alot of the cruise.

Funny thing about buying the wine package. We were on a 7 nt. Alaska cruise with Larry's two sisters and husbands and we all bought a 7 bottle package. At the end of the cruise our waiter brought the one bottle that we all had left. He brought 4 bottles to Larry's one sister and they said they didn't have that many left and he said that was what was on his sheet that they had bought a 10 bottle package and he must give it to them. Larry's brother-in-law just shook his head and said well if you must.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rose
Carnival Elation 7nt. Mexico NYE 25th Dec./01
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Aug./03
Mariner 7nt. W. Caribbean May/05
Navigator 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./06
Monarch 4nt. Baja Mar./07
Serenade 7nt. Alaska Sept./07
Celebrity Millennium 3nt. Coastal Sept./08
Liberty 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./08
Mariner 7nt. Pacific Coastal May/09
Serenade 15nt. Panama Canal Oct./09
Mariner 7nt. Mexico Apr./10
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Sept./10
Radiance 5nt. Pacific Coastal May/11
Allure 7nt. E. Caribbean Nov./11
Radiance 12nt. Hawaii Apr./12
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Jan./13
Radiance 7nt. Alaska Sept./13
Navigator 7nt. W. Caribbean Dec./13
Rhapsody 13nt. Hawaii May/14
Rhapsody 7nt. Alaska Aug./14
Liberty 5nt. W. Caribbean Dec.1 & 6/14 B2B
Jewel 6nt. Pacific Coastal May/15
Serenade 14nt. Snowbird Migration Oct./15
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/16
Radiance 11nt. Hawaii Sept./16
Enchantment 3nt. NYE Bahamas 40th Dec./16
Serenade 11nt. S. Caribbean Jan./17
Explorer 4nt. Best of B.C. May/17
Vision 16nt. Denmark, Norway, & Iceland Aug./17

SoCal
26,390 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by sunset seekers
Sorry to hear Helga that you were not well for alot of the cruise.

Funny thing about buying the wine package. We were on a 7 nt. Alaska cruise with Larry's two sisters and husbands and we all bought a 7 bottle package. At the end of the cruise our waiter brought the one bottle that we all had left. He brought 4 bottles to Larry's one sister and they said they didn't have that many left and he said that was what was on his sheet that they had bought a 10 bottle package and he must give it to them. Larry's brother-in-law just shook his head and said well if you must.
We have learned it is difficult to try to correct the mistakes the wine cellar makes. We ended up with 2 extra bottles of champagne at the end of our Alaska cruise, which we couldn't use, as we were flying straight home. Our waiters happily accepted them as a gift. (I asked if it was ok for them to accept wine.)

We never did find out why we had those 2 bottles.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Karen

PINNACLE CLUB