Central Florida Pre-cruise get together.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:24 PM.
#1
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Lynne (RonnieLyn) has initiated a grass roots movement to get us Central Florida Rockin' Royals together precruise. She has emailed the ones she knows living in Central Florida but anyone is welcome to join in.

She didn't have a complete list so I suggested posting something here to reach everyone.

July or August is the proposed time for the meet and greet. When we have established the level of interest we will pick a central location for some dining and chatting.

You can show your interest with a response in this thread. Indicate the month you will most likely be available.

The email is LynneMoss20 at aol. to get in touch directly and give her your input.

Lenora and I will be joining with Lynne and hope others can make it too.

Lynne is a most delightful person and you will enjoy meeting her and her husband.
#2
The Villages, FL
1,313 Posts
Joined May 2006
Just talked with Lynne. We're in! Just let us know the date and we'll try to make it work.

Nancy
#3
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Donyb
Just talked with Lynne. We're in! Just let us know the date and we'll try to make it work.

Nancy
Hi Nancy. I am glad you will be able to make it. It will be nice to meet you and Gene.

I am sure Lynne will chime in here with some ideas. We are out of town the last weekend of August, otherwise we will be available for the other weekends. Lynne can just pick a date and we will work with it.
#4
Orlando,FLorida
39 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
I'm happy to say that everyone I contacted is enthusiastic about our pre-cruise meeting. In fact, I've heard from many not in the Central Florida area. All are welcome! Feel free to contact me with any questions. We'll be choosing a location and date shortly.Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Lynne
#5
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by RonnieLyn
I'm happy to say that everyone I contacted is enthusiastic about our pre-cruise meeting. In fact, I've heard from many not in the Central Florida area. All are welcome! Feel free to contact me with any questions. We'll be choosing a location and date shortly.Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Lynne
I am happy the response has been so good Lynne.
When you start to consider a place to eat you may put into consideration the Columbia restaurant at Celebration. It's a sister to the one in Ybor City. A cruise critic group met there for a Ruby TA pre-cruise get together. I have never eaten there but they said the food was good. The cuisine is Cuban (Spanish). You, being in the area will know of many good places. I eat just about anything. Not really I am a vegetarian.
#6
Orlando,FLorida
39 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
I have heard good reviews of the Columbia Restaurant, we could definitely consider it. I think it would be nice to find a place that has a separate room. That way it would be easier to mingle
#7
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by RonnieLyn
I have heard good reviews of the Columbia Restaurant, we could definitely consider it. I think it would be nice to find a place that has a separate room. That way it would be easier to mingle
You are right about that in which case Columbia will not be an ideal venue.

Lenora likes Seasons 52. You can make arrangements for a group there. They are in Plaza Venezia on Sand Lake Rd, west of Hwy 4.

How many couples so far?
#8
Orlando,FLorida
39 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
I think Seasons 52 is a great idea. How does that sound to everyone else? So far I have heard from 15 people. I'm hoping more will e-mail or call me. We still have plenty of time to decide on a date.
#9
west coast of florida
1,144 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
I noticed on the cruise thread that you folks are looking to get together pre-cruise. we live in tampa bay year-round. can we help? contact us at mu33706 at gmail dot com. (murray and ro)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Murray & Ro
[email protected]
84 previous assorted cruises totaling 1,081 days at sea including our 45-cruise 660-day Princess history.

#10
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by murfisto
I noticed on the cruise thread that you folks are looking to get together pre-cruise. we live in tampa bay year-round. can we help? contact us at mu33706 at gmail dot com. (murray and ro)
Hi Murray and Ro
Lynne said she has already gotten in touch with you by email.
Feel free to offer suggestions to help make the get together a good one. Bring along other cruisers from Tampa area. They don't necessarily have to be going on this TA.
It will be nice to meet you. I notice that you are one of the very traveled people like Pia.
#11
44,200 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by carib
Hi Murray and Ro
Lynne said she has already gotten in touch with you by email.
Feel free to offer suggestions to help make the get together a good one. Bring along other cruisers from Tampa area. They don't necessarily have to be going on this TA.
It will be nice to meet you. I notice that you are one of the very traveled people like Pia.
And here's Pia checking in so I won't miss anything. Give me enough time to get a hotel at a good price.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia






#12
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Pia1913
And here's Pia checking in so I won't miss anything. Give me enough time to get a hotel at a good price.
And I thought I would have to wait till October to meet this fascinating lady
I am sure Lynne will be popping in here soon with some details. Time and place etc.
#13
44,200 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by carib
And I thought I would have to wait till October to meet this fascinating lady
I am sure Lynne will be popping in here soon with some details. Time and place etc.
Fascinating? OMG!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia






#14
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Pia1913
Fascinating? OMG!
Fascinating Lady!!
To be sung to the tune of Gershwin's 'Fascinating Rhythm'
#15
44,200 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by carib
Fascinating Lady!!
To be sung to the tune of Gershwin's 'Fascinating Rhythm'
Forget the song. I'll take the synonyms.


fas·ci·nat·ing
/ˈfasəˌnātiNG/
Adjective

Extremely interesting: "fascinating facts".

Synonyms

charming - enchanting - captivating - glamorous
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia






#16
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Pia1913
Forget the song. I'll take the synonyms.


fas·ci·nat·ing
/ˈfasəˌnātiNG/
Adjective

Extremely interesting: "fascinating facts".

Synonyms

charming - enchanting - captivating - glamorous
alluring, appealing, attractive, bewitching, captivating, charming, compelling, delectable, delightful, enchanting, engaging, engrossing, enticing, glamorous, gripping, intriguing, irresistible, ravishing, riveting, seductive.

So many great synonyms, all alike in many ways and yet each conjures up a slightly different image. Simply fascinating. What a multifaceted word!!

Ah, the subtlety of the English language.
#17
44,200 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by carib
alluring, appealing, attractive, bewitching, captivating, charming, compelling, delectable, delightful, enchanting, engaging, engrossing, enticing, glamorous, gripping, intriguing, irresistible, ravishing, riveting, seductive.

So many great synonyms, all alike in many ways and yet each conjures up a slightly different image. Simply fascinating. What a multifaceted word!!

Ah, the subtlety of the English language.
And in alphabetical order too. What a guy!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia






#18
Orlando,FLorida
39 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
We picked a date for our Central Florida pre-cruise meet and greet. The big day is Saturday, August 17. It will be at Seasons 52 in Orlando (on Sand Lake Road), for lunch at 1:00. EVERYONE is welcome! You don't have to live in Central Florida to attend. We're hoping for a big crowd. Anyone interested e-mail, Lynne at [email protected]
#19
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by RonnieLyn
We picked a date for our Central Florida pre-cruise meet and greet. The big day is Saturday, August 17. It will be at Seasons 52 in Orlando (on Sand Lake Road), for lunch at 1:00. EVERYONE is welcome! You don't have to live in Central Florida to attend. We're hoping for a big crowd. Anyone interested e-mail, Lynne at [email protected]
Thanks Lynne for initiating this get together. We are available August 17. I hope many of our Florida friends will be available then. It will be nice to make some acquaintances before the cruise.
#20
44,200 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Originally posted by RonnieLyn
We picked a date for our Central Florida pre-cruise meet and greet. The big day is Saturday, August 17. It will be at Seasons 52 in Orlando (on Sand Lake Road), for lunch at 1:00. EVERYONE is welcome! You don't have to live in Central Florida to attend. We're hoping for a big crowd. Anyone interested e-mail, Lynne at [email protected]
Originally posted by carib
Thanks Lynne for initiating this get together. We are available August 17. I hope many of our Florida friends will be available then. It will be nice to make some acquaintances before the cruise.

Email sent. We'll be there. Gotta' book hotel for at least one night. Who wants breakfast the next day?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia