Central Florida Pre-cruise get together.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:29 PM.
Burlington, VT
6,888 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Wishing you all a good time at the Florida get-together.

I was hoping to attend as we'll be at our timeshare at Walt Disney World with our grandson August 8-13. I didn't make our plans known because I didn't want to influence your planning. As it turns out, we have plans during the say on the Saturday we're there anyway.

We'll all be meeting soon enough in October. Guess I'll just have to wait until then to meet the Fascinating Lady.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2017: Royal - October 11, 2017Royal - October 21, 2015
XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by -Lew-

I was hoping to attend as we'll be at our timeshare at Walt Disney World with our grandson August 8-13. I didn't make our plans known because I didn't want to influence your planning. As it turns out, we have plans during the say on the Saturday we're there anyway.

We'll all be meeting soon enough in October. Guess I'll just have to wait until then to meet the Fascinating Lady.

Lew
Lew it would have been nice to have you at the meet and greet. You will miss out on an audience with the Fascinating Lady.
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007

Lew
Originally posted by carib
Lew it would have been nice to have you at the meet and greet. You will miss out on an audience with the Fascinating Lady.
HOLY ****. Are you going to be disappointed! I've performed before an audience, but have never BEEN the audience. YIKES.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Burlington, VT
6,888 Posts
Joined Apr 2005

You will miss out on an audience with the Fascinating Lady.
Don't you think I know? I've ben moping around the house all day.

Originally posted by Pia1913

HOLY ****. Are you going to be disappointed! I've performed before an audience, but have never BEEN the audience. YIKES.
Good thing Cruise Critic's swear filter caught that!! Regardless, I'll still miss being there with you. Do you plan to do a Live From?

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

XXRoll Calls - 2018: Royal - Jan 19, 2018Royal - Jan 29, 2018Royal - Feb 8, 2018Regal - Sep 8, 2018
XXRoll Calls - 2019: Reflection - January 18, 2019 Reflection - January 28, 2019 Golden - Apr 16, 2019
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Don't you think I know? I've ben moping around the house all day.

Good thing Cruise Critic's swear filter caught that!! Regardless, I'll still miss being there with you. Do you plan to do a Live From?

Lew
LOL. You want a LIVE from Seasons 52? That would be a first. I'll give you a full report when I get back to my hotel. OK?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
LOL. You want a LIVE from Seasons 52? That would be a first. I'll give you a full report when I get back to my hotel. OK?
You are the undisputed 'Queen of Live,' but 'Live from Seasons 52' will seal the deal.
Burlington, VT
6,888 Posts
Joined Apr 2005

Naaaw... Won't be the same. Kinda' like a trip report as compared to a Live From!

By the time you get back to the hotel you might not be in any condition to write a report...

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Naaaw... Won't be the same. Kinda' like a trip report as compared to a Live From!

By the time you get back to the hotel you might not be in any condition to write a report...

Lew
I don't usually drink at lunch. But sometimes I make exceptions. BTW, no wifi there so you're out of luck
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Burlington, VT
6,888 Posts
Joined Apr 2005

BTW, no wifi there so you're out of luck
You just go and enjoy yourself. Should be fun.

Lew
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
No mention has been made lately of the Central Florida meet and greet. Just wanted everyone to know that we are all set here. Just let us know who is coming. You have Lynne's email or you can write here.
Lynne has made reservations at Seasons 52. We will have a private area so we can mingle and socialize.

In case you weren't aware before, the date is August 17, lunch at 1:00 PM.

If you are from West Coast, East Coast, South, North, or Panhandle you can come and make a weekend of it. Plenty of good shopping in the area.

I checked to see what's going on in Orlando that weekend. Looks like Arena football if you are into that. There is also a Kiss concert. Being Rockin' Royals we are no strangers to that genre of music. Right ?

Don't miss out on the cultural stuff like the free exhibit at the Rolling college, Cornell Fine arts museum.

Lots to do in the Orlando area - Theme parks, great malls, you name it. Come and enjoy and meet your fellow cruisers.
North Port Florida
992 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Dave and I are planning to attend..Will probably just drive up for the day..
Looking forward to meeting everyone, come on everyone, let's see how many we can get to attend..
Have a great weekend everyone,
Christine
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
And remember:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other -
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”- Mark Twain

Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by cristine
Dave and I are planning to attend..Will probably just drive up for the day..
Looking forward to meeting everyone, come on everyone, let's see how many we can get to attend..
Have a great weekend everyone,
Christine
Hi Christine. I am glad you will be joining us for the Meet and Greet. Looking forward to meeting you and Dave.
There are a lot of Daves and Davids on this cruise.
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
Hi Christine. I am glad you will be joining us for the Meet and Greet. Looking forward to meeting you and Dave.
There are a lot of Daves and Davids on this cruise.
And Mikes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
And Mikes.
You are right. Lots of Mikes. We should run a contest to see which is the most popular name.
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
You are right. Lots of Mikes. We should run a contest to see which is the most popular name.
When it comes to Mikes, not all Mikes are created equal. You will find that lots of them are not named Michael.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Oregon, USA
10,745 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
When it comes to Mikes, not all Mikes are created equal. You will find that lots of them are not named Michael.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Lynda
Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Originally posted by Lynda90
I am sure there is some inside information here I am not privy to.

Come on Floridians, join the party. Email Lynne so she can get a bigger room.
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
I am sure there is some inside information here I am not privy to.

Come on Floridians, join the party. Email Lynne so she can get a bigger room.
Will enlighten you up close and personal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia

Central Florida
1,706 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Will enlighten you up close and personal.
This promises to be very interesting.
44,194 Posts
Joined Apr 2007
This promises to be very interesting.
Not really. Don't anticipate too much, otherwise you stand to be disappointed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pia