New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:32 AM.
Ewing, NJ
19,258 Posts
Joined Jan 2000
Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Laura
Sr. Manager Community
[email protected]

When your values are clear, your decisions are easy -Roy Disney-
pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
That's messed up. As of right now we have enough people for ours in July but Cruise Critic never notified me although they have notified some people hopefully they dont screw up ours
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Glory Aug 2014 W Caribbean
Glory Nov 2013 E Caribbean
Conquest Aug 2011 W Caribbean
Valor Sep 2005 EX W Caribbean
Sensation Sep 1995 W Caribbean

Best Tail Ever
5 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Yes, we had over 110 people signed up for this & we received a confirmation email from CC, we were told to watch our Fun Times for the event. Well we got off the ship on Sunday and there was never an event planned for us. Most of us still planned different get together through our f b group, but I was disappointed to see this not actually happen for us.

Dark Side Of The Moon
211 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by Boysmomtami
Yes, we had over 110 people signed up for this & we received a confirmation email from CC, we were told to watch our Fun Times for the event. Well we got off the ship on Sunday and there was never an event planned for us. Most of us still planned different get together through our f b group, but I was disappointed to see this not actually happen for us.

John Heald has no love for CC. All lines but Carnival corp show the love.
2,387 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
Originally posted by Hog Rider
John Heald has no love for CC. All lines but Carnival corp show the love.
CC has no love for John, either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lesley

Princess Cruise Lines 85,Fascination 11/01, Sensation 9/02, Conquest 12/5/04, Conquest 1/17/16
Inspiration 7/4/2005, 4/1/06 HAL Veendam
Liberty 5/19/06 Europe, Carnival Liberty 10/31/09 Liberty 3/1/14, Glory 11/18/2006
Carnival Freedom 11/30/08 in a Cat. 12!!!!
Fantasy 9/24/2010 upsold to a GS!!!
Pride 10/2/11 to Bermuda!!, HAL Westerdam 9/8/12
Dream 4/6/13, Pride 9/18/16, to Bermuda
Pride Journey 2/26/17 to Southern Caribbean
Pride 10/22/17 Eastern Caribbean w/Sister
Pride Journey 1/7/18 Southern Caribbean
Holland America Rotterdam 9/22/2018 NE/Canada
Miracle, 3/3/19 Western Caribbean Sister is retiring!
Future Wish Cruises:
Northern Europe Summer
Alaska Land/Sea
422 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
FYI, we registered for this... Even got a confirmation email, well it never happened
This shouldn't surprise anybody. We get a daily dosage of how much John Heald and Carnival hates Cruise Critic and its members, even though they are paying customers. I wouldn't make a joint venture happen either.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
East Coast
6,571 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
FYI, we registered for this... Even got a confirmation email, well it never happened
Sorry that must have been disappointing for everyone that signed up. I would likely never participate in a CC m&g but if I had and it was dissed, I would be a little irritated. I don't know who dropped the ball, but they either need to pick it up and get it right or forget it all together. I haven't seen anyone else provide feedback, so maybe this was a ship specific issue.

As for JH and CC, there's no love lost on either side. CC is not a victim.
Pacifica, CA
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by LauraS
Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

Enjoy!

Laura
I'm writing to make sure you know what didn't happen at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on Carnival Miracle cruise of April 9, 2016...

The notice was in the Fun Times for a get together at Sam's Bar at 6pm...we were waiting outside the room for a chorus rehersal to end, it didn't so one of our group members went to the door to tell them that the room was to be ours for a Cruise Critic gathering...th crew there relinquished the room and said hey wre unaware... no one from Carnival or Cruise Critic rep came...no refreshments, no nothing and we found out at Guest Services they were unaware of this party and never had any arrangment with Cruise Critic,,, a dissappointment but we had a great group of people and made our own party sans the refreshments~~~ what happened?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Celebrity Infinity...Alaska June 2017
Carnival Miracle...Mexican Riviera April 2017
Carnival Inspiration..2 Catalina-Ensenada Jan 2017
Carnival Imagination.2 Catalina-Mex Oct 2016
Princess Grand..SF-Mexican Riviera Nov 2016
Crystal Symphony ..5 European countries July 2016
Carnival Miracle..Mexican Riviera April 2016
Princess Crown ..3 Calif Coastals Jan 2016
Carnival Imagination...2 Catalina-Mex Nov 2015
Carnival Miracle...Mex Riv August 2015
Celebrity Infinity..SF-Alaska May 2015
Princess Ruby....Hawaii Apr 2015
Princess Crown...Mexico Jan 2015
Princess Crown..3 West Coast Getaways Jan 2015
Princess Star.....2 California Coastal October 2014
Princess Caribbean..Western Caribbean 2014
Princess Sapphire...2 West Coast Samplers2014
Princess Golden... 3 West Coast Getaways.2014
Princess Island...Van-San Fran 2013
Princess Island..Alaska/Tour 2013
Princess Coral..Panama Canal 2012
Princess Star...Vancouver-San Fran 2012
Princess Golden..Sea-Vancouver 2012
Princess Star...Hawaii 2012
Celebrity Solstice...Mediterranean 2011
Norwegian Sun...Mex Riviera 2009
Princess Coral...Vancouver-LA 2009
Princess Star...Seattle-Vancouver 2009
Celebrity Millennium...Hawaii 2009
Princess Star...Mex Riviera 2008
Celebrity Mercury...West Coast 2008
Celebrity Mercury...West Coast 2007
Princess Dawn....Mex Riviera 2005
Royal Caribbean..New England 2005
Celebrity Mercury...Cabo San Lucas 2003
Carnival Spirit..Vancouver 2001
Carnival Spirit..Alaska 2001
Mississippi Queen...St Paul-St Louis 1998
Carnival Destiny..Caribbean 1997
Regent Star..Alaska 1994
Matson Lurline..Acapulco 1969
Kissimmee, FL
75 Posts
Joined May 2004
We were on the April 16 Conquest and yes there was a meeting listed in the fun times for the first sea days. I think about 60 signed up here and there were only 24 or so that showed up. Refreshments were the standard pastries and coffee, ice tea, water. There was an officer present for a short question period and he left and a cruise critic member took care of the prize drawing which was ship on a stick, champagne and medals. It was nice.
140 Posts
Joined Nov 2010
We just participated in the one on Magic last week. It was listed in the Fun Times for 5:30 and they had the Vibe Club reserved with a sign out front listing the event.

There were multiple Carnival people present. A PR person, the Hotel Manager, the Housekeeping Manager, the Entertainment Director and the CD.

They had the entire bar area filled with pastries, cookies, fruit juices, coffee and water. It was a very nice spread.

There was only 5-6 people there and they left very quickly. Another 5-6 wandered in and out. One gentleman, came simply to gripe about everything wrong with Carnival and cornered the PR person as soon as she walked in.

We stayed around an hour and had a great time with the crew. CC members dropped the ball on this one by not showing up. Carnival put forth a great effort to make it nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival - Miracle 1/13/2018 Panama Canal (Long Beach, Cabo, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama Canal, Columbia, Grand Cayman)
Carnival - Vista 9/9/2017 Eastern (Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Maarten)
Carnival - Magic 4/23/2016 Eastern (Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk)
Carnival - Miracle 10/17/2015 Hawaii (Maui, Honolulu, Kauai, Kona, Hilo)
Carnival - Liberty 9/13/14 Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maartin
Carnival - Freedom 09/02/12 Key West, Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, Jamaica
Carnival - Elation 09/10/11 Progresso, Cozumel
Carnival - Sensation 11/28/10 Freeport, Nassau
789 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by Velcro911
We just participated in the one on Magic last week. It was listed in the Fun Times for 5:30 and they had the Vibe Club reserved with a sign out front listing the event.

There were multiple Carnival people present. A PR person, the Hotel Manager, the Housekeeping Manager, the Entertainment Director and the CD.

They had the entire bar area filled with pastries, cookies, fruit juices, coffee and water. It was a very nice spread.

There was only 5-6 people there and they left very quickly. Another 5-6 wandered in and out. One gentleman, came simply to gripe about everything wrong with Carnival and cornered the PR person as soon as she walked in.

We stayed around an hour and had a great time with the crew. CC members dropped the ball on this one by not showing up. Carnival put forth a great effort to make it nice.
5:30? PM? Had I signed up, you would have never met me. I would be getting ready for dinner. What an odd time. What day of your cruise?
pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
If anyone knows how to contact Cruise Critic directly that would be great it sounds like they are having them but really bad times anyone or Cruise Critic Personnel see this please figure this out
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
pittsburgh
134 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
It's too bad the cc folk who signed up for it didn't show.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Best Tail Ever
Tampa area
14,981 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Paradise not on list.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1964 Queen Elizabeth
1966 SS Florida
1980 Tropical
1982 Mardi Gras
1985 Jubilee
1998 Holiday
2002 Pride
2003 Grand Princess
2004 Mariner of the Seas
2006 Miracle Aug. 20
2008 Inspiration
Dec. '08 Glory
Aug. 2009 Inspiration
Feb. '10 Inspiration
2010 Legend
Sept. '10 Inspiration
2010 Inspiration
Sept. '11 Legend
November '11 Inspiration
Sept. '12 Legend
November '12 Legend
March '13 Legend
June '13 Miracle Alaska!
October '13 Legend Halloween Cruise
January '14 Paradise
April '14 Legend
Nov. 16, 2014 Pride
March 1, 2015 Pride
August 31, 2015 Paradise
November 28, 2015 Westerdam
April 2016 Sunshine
September 3, 2016 Paradise
October 22, 2016 Magic
November 18, 2016 Oosterdam
January 15, 2017 Pride
April 1, 2017 Magic

Paradise September 11, 2017
Paradise September 16, 2017
November 11, 2017 Magic

April 29, 2018 Magic

UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL DR RUTH FOR WHALE TAIL and UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL GUARANTEED PRICE DROPS DROPPER

Citrus Heights, CA United States
3,770 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Somewhere there seems to be a disconnect in the communication between the ship personnel and the Cruise Critic members. What a shame for those in CC who want to attend but the timing is off and for those who did attend and Carnival was no where to be found. We go on the 4-day in the summer and we sometimes create the M&G thread in the hope someone will respond. True these short time cruises are not the draw the longer ones are in my experience. Our NCL ones are always well attended and fun and I will continue to go to those. Perhaps should my DD and I ever take a longer cruise with Carnival this will be ironed out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Epic ~ Europe, Mediterranean 7/17
Carnival Inspiration ~ Mexico 7/16
NCL Jade ~ Western Caribbean 4/16
Carnival Inspiration ~ Mexico 7/15
NCL Star ~ Mexico 3/15
Carnival Imagination ~ Mexico 7/14
NCL Pearl ~ Alaska 5/13
NCL Epic ~ Western Caribbean 4/11
NCL Majesty ~ Bermuda 5/09
Carnival Paradise ~ Mexico 5/08
RCC Monarch of the Seas ~ 7/07
Coral Princess ~ Panama Canal 4/06
Sapphire Princess ~ Mexican Riviera 12/05
Carnival Paradise ~ Mexico 7/05
NCL Majesty ~ Bermuda 5/04
NCL Wind ~ Hawaii 4/03
Carnival Tropicale ~ Southern Caribbean 5/93
near los angeles
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
we just signed up for the m&m on the miracle. its our first for our honeymoon. we're hoping to meet some seasoned pro's and learn some tips . any word on how or if it will happen. or will we find out onboard?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

honeymoon