Quark Arctic Expedition in Svalbard

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:12 AM.
California
350 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
For those considering a polar expedition in the Svalbard area of Norway, I'm starting to post photos and descriptions of my June 2016 trip. The trip was terrific and is well-recommended. This expedition information is available on the below blog link.
Bob
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blog: http://travelscrivener.blogspot.com

Future and Past Cruises
2018: Fire, Ice and Arctic Circle, Princess
2017: Rhine River, AMA Waterways, Falklands and South Georgia, Poseidon Expeditions
2016: Myanmar, AMA Waterways; Spitzbergen, Norway Quark Expeditions; Canadian Provinces, Princess
2015: Antarctica, Quark Expeditions; Transatlantic, Princess; Transatlantic, Cunard; Pacific Coastal, Princess
2014: Pacific Coastal, Princess; West Coast Getaway, Princess, Hawaii, Princess
2013: Eastern Mediterranean, Celebrity; Australia/New Zealand, Princess
2012: Quebec/NY, Princess
2011: Vietnam and Cambodia, AMA Waterways; Danube River, Viking
2010: Panama Canal, Princess; China, Viking
2009: Baltics, Princess
2008: Pacific Coastal x2, Princess
2007: Pacific Coastal, Princess; Mexico, Princess
2005: Alaska, RCCL
2000: Mediterranean, Princess
1999: Caribbean, RCCL
California
350 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Originally posted by Noodles84
Bob, thanks for the info and terrific photos on both your Arctic and Antarctic expeditions. I just have to save up a little longer! Cheers, Nicole
Glad you enjoyed the material. We're returning to the Antarctic region this fall - focusing on the Falkands and South Georgia Island. Hope to share photos from the trip and submit another travel piece for possible publication.

We've traveled to many places, but the polar regions are very special to us. The travelers we've met on these trips have been terrific, as well.

Bob