New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:20 AM.
Michigan
1,071 Posts
Joined May 2001
We just booked one for next April and was wondering if anyone has been in one in the past month. Just looking for reviews about it. Thanks, Dawn
Merion, Pennsylvania
58,718 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by coops
We just booked one for next April and was wondering if anyone has been in one in the past month. Just looking for reviews about it. Thanks, Dawn
I am pretty sure that these are brand new.

I hope that you find someone who has had one.

Fredericksburg, va. USA
83,440 Posts
Joined May 2001
I think they are the "beach beds"...not much shade...and who wants to lounge on a bed all day? I think it's a waste of money....but you might like it..I'd rather be free to move about...loungers are plentiful and everywhere! For free!
Palm Bay FL and Princeton NJ
1,010 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Wow; 8 months out and you've booked. Nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CC, Horizon-12/03

RCCL, Empress -10/04

PCL, Diamond-02/05

CCL, Inspiration -09/05

RCCL, Mariner-05/06

CC, Century-01/07

PCL, Crown-04/07

CCL, Liberty-11/07
RCCL, Explorer-08/08
Oceania, Insignia-11/08
CCL, Destiny-08/09
RCCL, Mariner-10/09 (Atlantis)
RCCL, Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
RCCL, Monarch-03/10
RCCL, Monarch-07/10
CC, Equinox-08/10 (Atlantis)
RCCL, Freedom-02/2012
Regent; Mariner- 10/12
RCCL, Jewel-12/12
RCCL, Jewel-12/12 b2b
RCCL, Independence-12/13
RCCL, Enchantment- 01/14
RCCL, Legend; TA- 04/14
RCCL, Freedom; 10/14
CC, Infinity (Alaska)-05/2015
RCCL, Serenade Holiday Cruise; 12/15
DCL Dream: 05/16
RCCL, Allure; 08/16

RCCL, Serenade Holiday; 12/16
RCCL, Empress-04/17

Michigan
1,071 Posts
Joined May 2001
Originally posted by cb at sea
I think they are the "beach beds"...not much shade...and who wants to lounge on a bed all day? I think it's a waste of money....but you might like it..I'd rather be free to move about...loungers are plentiful and everywhere! For free!
Its not a beach bed. It has a L shaped couch type furniture. and wicker table. We have a large group to split price. I love just to have someone wait on us with drinks. Different strokes for different folks I guess. But thank you for the post.
United States
30 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Interesting, we have a stop in Labadee NEXT December so it's nice to know they can be rented ahead of time. We have 7 people including 2 children and an elderly parent so we're thinking this would be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North West NJ
4,712 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
This is the third time you have given incorrect information on this. It is a new addition, as of July 31st. This is the description on the website and there is a picture of the bungalow also at a much lower price than the cabana. I really wish you would read reply's to your answers, but we all know you never do...or you would come back and add something. People have tried correcting you on this, and yet you keep telling people the same thing.

DESCRIPTION:
Make family time in Labadee even more comfortable and enjoyable when you reserve your very own Beach Bungalow. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of beautiful, remote Columbus Cove, your private bungalow is a haven of tranquility close to an array of family activities. With comfortable seating for up to eight, it’s the perfect place to feel peaceful ocean breezes, soak up some sun if you like or simply watch waves gently tumble ashore. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler, beach towels and the personalized service of a Cabana Attendant on hand to bring you beverages. And if you crave a little action, the thrilling Dragon’s Splash Water Slide, Arawak Aqua Park and a variety of other family-fun activities are close by.
North West NJ
4,712 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I am also interested in these. They look so nice and for half of the price of a cabana. I keep doing searches for reviews and have yet to see one. I may just book it anyway.
Merion, Pennsylvania
58,718 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
No, they are not.
17,152 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by champagne123
DESCRIPTION:
Make family time in Labadee even more comfortable and enjoyable when you reserve your very own Beach Bungalow. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of beautiful, remote Columbus Cove, your private bungalow is a haven of tranquility close to an array of family activities. With comfortable seating for up to eight, it’s the perfect place to feel peaceful ocean breezes, soak up some sun if you like or simply watch waves gently tumble ashore. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler, beach towels and the personalized service of a Cabana Attendant on hand to bring you beverages. And if you crave a little action, the thrilling Dragon’s Splash Water Slide, Arawak Aqua Park and a variety of other family-fun activities are close by.
Do you have a link to their website? Also interested. Thanks
Michigan
1,071 Posts
Joined May 2001
I am also interested in these. They look so nice and for half of the price of a cabana. I keep doing searches for reviews and have yet to see one. I may just book it anyway.
I know what you mean. I booked it and have plenty of time till our cruise to hear the good or the bad. But for the price I just couldn't pass it up.
Cincinnati, Oh and Ft Worth TX
2,574 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
I know what you mean. I booked it and have plenty of time till our cruise to hear the good or the bad. But for the price I just couldn't pass it up.
Good move booking early. As soon as folks find out about these bungalows they will book up quickly. Anxious to see what people have to say in their reviews.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Attitude is everything~Diane Furstenberg

NCL Epic 2/24/18
RCCL. Navigator of the Seas 2/28/16 GS
Land no sea vacations
Crystal Serenity 6/2012
RCCL. Independence of the Seas 1/9/2010
RCCL. Liberty of the Seas 5/2/2009 Just say NO to Swine Flu!
RCCL. Radiance 1/27/08
RCCL. Diamond Member
RCCL. Splendor of Seas, 02/03/07
RCCL. Radiance again Aft cabin!~ 1100 10/28/06
RCCL. Radiance 11/27/05 GS
RCCL. Mariner of Seas 4/24/05 JS
RCCL. Jewel of the Seas 11/04 JS
RCCL Majesty of the Seas 10/03 Inside

Rhode Island
8,940 Posts
Joined May 2008
DESCRIPTION:

From my cruise planner.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gregg

7,610 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
This is the third time you have given incorrect information on this. It is a new addition, as of July 31st. This is the description on the website and there is a picture of the bungalow also at a much lower price than the cabana. I really wish you would read reply's to your answers, but we all know you never do...or you would come back and add something. People have tried correcting you on this, and yet you keep telling people the same thing.

DESCRIPTION:
In Cruise Planner for my upcoming Allure cruise it shows as $250. Thanks for posting the description.

beach-bungalows-zl1-mosaic.jpg
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."

Sue
Rhode Island
8,940 Posts
Joined May 2008
Thank you for posting!!!! I have no idea how to post pics
You're welcome. They look pretty nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gregg

7,610 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by Big_G
You're welcome. They look pretty nice.
Guess we were posting at the same time. Your picture looks so much better than my small one.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching."

Sue
NYC
126 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by suzyluvs2cruise
In Cruise Planner for my upcoming Allure cruise it shows as $250. Thanks for posting the description.
My Cruise Planner shows $250 Adult. Does it mean per adult?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Northern California
16,246 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
Originally posted by inna61
My Cruise Planner shows $250 Adult. Does it mean per adult?
No, just one person needs to book it for the $250. If it is like the old cabanas, it available for up to 6 people. Good score!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>. , . .·`·.. }><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>