HALF MOON CAYE - Reference list???

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Private Islands
Disney's Castaway Cay, Carnival Corp.'s Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay, RCI's Labadee & Coco Cay, Princess Cays etc.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:31 AM.
Tennessee
217 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Is there a page or list of some sort i can look at that lists what all is included and whats not on the island? Are chairs included is food included i just dont know
Tennessee
217 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by CruiserBruce
Just a little reading around this board would get you a truck load of info.

Yes, beach chairs are included. A buffet lunch is included.
true but not a definitive list like i was asking about
Hannon, ON Canada
21 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Chairs and lunch are free, everything else costs $$$$$ I have not seen a price list floating around.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Carnival Conquest, November 2017, Eastern Caribbean

Past:
Carnival Pride, October 2016, Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Glory, December 2015, Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Victory, February 2015, Bahamas
Petaluma, Ca. 94954
29,112 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by dandn10
Chairs and lunch are free, everything else costs $$$$$ I have not seen a price list floating around.
Again, all you have to do is look down the board. There are all sorts of info, including price lists.
Fredericksburg, va. USA
83,449 Posts
Joined May 2001
Loungers, lunch, sun, sand and sea are included. There are all sorts of things you can spend money on...like cabanas, watersport activities, etc....but you IN NO WAY need to spend a penny to have a great beach day on HMC!

If you go to the "excursions" on the website, it will show you what they charge extra for, and the prices. Even a "floating mat" is considered an "excursion", although there is no need to book something like that in advance....you can wait until you see if you really want/need one and rent it on the beach.
Tennessee
217 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by cb at sea
Loungers, lunch, sun, sand and sea are included. There are all sorts of things you can spend money on...like cabanas, watersport activities, etc....but you IN NO WAY need to spend a penny to have a great beach day on HMC!

If you go to the "excursions" on the website, it will show you what they charge extra for, and the prices. Even a "floating mat" is considered an "excursion", although there is no need to book something like that in advance....you can wait until you see if you really want/need one and rent it on the beach.
a floating mat is an excursion??? you got to be kidding hahaahaa
Minneapolis, MN
128 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
Originally posted by timelordjason
I think Holland American Line sells them in their excursions page. Carnival does not sell any of the optional "amenities" in the excursion page except for cabanas, the private oasis, etc. Clamshells, floats, water toys, etc. can all be purchased once on shore (and maybe on-ship at the Shore Excursions Desk).
Stone Mountain GA
9,444 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
lunch is included
transportation to and from the island is included-if you have FTTF you get preferential trip over, but not back
beach chair is included
attitude, you bring yourself.

HMC is the best "free" day you will ever have on a cruise. The free dinks with lunch, are unsweet tea, lemonade, and water.

There are bars by the beach, and the last time I was there, there were waiters walking up and down the beach, getting drink orders, charged to your sail and sign card.

Excursions that cost,- tour of the island, walking tour of the island (follow the paths, you can do that one for free) sting ray adventure, horseback riding, snorkeling excursion which happens to the right of the beach, (rockier area) boat rides in the lagoon area, and jet ski. However, if you just want beach, this place is perfect, and the day wont cost a dime.. Have fun.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Cunard-Queen Mary 1961 NY to Cherbourg
Cunard-Queen Elizabeth 1963 Cherbourg to NY
MWA- Heritage 8/05, 8/06
Carnival- Sensation-10/08
Carnival- Legend 01/10, 9/12, 9/16
Carnival- Fascination 12/10,11/11,10/13,11/14, 9/15
Carnival- Elation 1/14, 1/16

I will try one thing today,
that I have never done before,
and when I have finished something new,
I'll go try one thing more.
aem

"Hurray for ships!.....Let us keep them alive as a token of love,to make the last romantics happy. Let us use them to cure the depressed. Let us prescribe sea journeys..." Tiziano Terzani

America-It doesn't matter what ship our ancestors came here on, we're all in the same boat now.

[/url]
Lincoln, Delaware
1,566 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by timelordjason

I have a water hammock that I take on every cruise. Best thing I ever bought

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Legand - 9/21/17 - Hawaii to Australia
Carnival Valor - 1/25/15 - Southern Caribbean