Msc preziosa

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:22 PM.
England
362 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by sidari
First impressions, better than Divina with our favourite sparkling wine available plus kettles in cabins.
With the kettle, is there tea bags, coffee etc?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Merly
RCI D+ member
Celebrity Elite
Cunard
Regent Seven Seas
burton
87 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by mrsemmaclairemoor
Glad to hear you are having a lovely time. ☺ sounds like it's been an interesting change in itenary. Just a quick question, are you able to tell me if you have to pay extra for the food in the sports bar ? Thank you 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app
yes you do, although the prices are very reasonable so there isn't too much to pay on top for example, a platter for two is around 8 Euros- the food is worth the cover charge
burton
87 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by Beamafar
Sounds like you've taken the right approach and rolled with the changes to enjoy your trip. Lovely to read such positivity considering the run-around and uncertainties you must have experienced. Good on ya!!
Tbh i just don't see the point sitting on the ship and being miserable - its really what you make of it; Although it was a shame to miss Amsterdam, its not something that could be helped and so a quick search of the area and transport showed us that Ghent was entirely possible (as we were in port till 9pm which was a bonus) and so we decided to make the most of it.

Hamburg has been awesome, and again we had longer than expected in port today (don't leave till 9pm) so we literally walked a lot of the city (8 or so miles in a circle) and had a great time (The miniatur wunderland is a MUST see!) and Rotterdam will be a new experience for me so thats great.

Preziosa is a great ship, again i think the only negatives we see are the fact that we perhaps are 'too british' and find it difficult to adapt to the european style of cruising but thats more about us than them. We have decided to do some land based holidays after this for a few years but wouldn't say no to coming back onboard at all in the future..
9 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Going back to an earlier posting on this thread about cards in room, last time we embarked MSC your picture was taken for the card which matched up on security when leaving entering the ship. How do they get the pictures now or are they no longer required. Could someone clarify the embarkation requirements now. Thanks
Ireland
1,038 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Ketut
Going back to an earlier posting on this thread about cards in room, last time we embarked MSC your picture was taken for the card which matched up on security when leaving entering the ship. How do they get the pictures now or are they no longer required. Could someone clarify the embarkation requirements now. Thanks
Hi. After you go through check in and then security, you board and as you enter the ship, theer are staff with cameras and scanners. Your setsail pass is scanned and your photo taken. when staterooms are ready, you will find your cards on the bed. When you leave the ship, your pic will appear on the computer screen after he scans your card, same as ever.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:

Completed cruises
MSC Splendida, 11/6/2017..Western Mediterranean
MSC Fantasia, 11/3/2017..UAE & Oman
MSC Sinfonia, 24/9/2016..Eastern Mediterranean
MSC Divina, 4/7/2015..Western Mediterranean
MSC Preziosa, 20/9/2014..Eastern Mediterranean
Norwegian Epic, 29/9/2013..Western Mediterranean
Splendour of the Seas, 12/5/2012..Eastern Mediterranean
Adventure of the Seas, 3/10/2010..Western Mediterranean
1 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by lisa12000
so im on Preziosa now- the ship is beautiful but its been a bit of a magical mystery tour; as Sidari said, leaving 2 hours late from Southampton due to people arriving back late from tours, to the extra day in Zeebrugge, to the curtailed Hamburg port due to the festival and now due to the France strike, no Le Havre so going to Rotterdam instead (although I'm happy with this one) - I'm enjoying myself but think the lack of communication over changes and poor organisation has let it down a bit - not the things they can't help i.e. strikes and weather,

Cant fault the beautiful rooms, and ive enjoyed the experience so far, and spending time with my family is priceless - but i think it still needs to find its identity a bit in my opinion (but then perhaps I'm just too british!) - btw food lets it down a little though sports bar is my favourite place to eat and drink by far!

just to add - on our second day in Zeebrugge we braved the early rain and walked to the train station and caught the train to Ghent - so glad we did! what a beautiful place! cost us 17 euros each, visited castles and churches and loved it a lot! we were also lucky that despite getting soaked on the way to the station (and getting lost) we dodged all the heavy rain and even had the sun come out!

We also loved the parade and fireworks tonight in Hamburg - great to be a part of it
Hi, Could you tell me if they have sky sports and BT sports in the sports bar please? TIA

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Forums mobile app
Bolton / Accrington, Lancashire, UK
7,571 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Finally found some WiFi so will have to go through questions etc when we get home, at least those that have not been answered.
Received an invitation late last night to the Captains Cocktail party tonight with dress code Gala ! Gala night was last night and we get off tomorrow, poor, poor, organisation.

For anyone getting on tomorrow the first port stop is Le Havre.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Small things Amuse Small Minds while Bigger Fools Look on.

Relax Unwind Be Yourself! =Ruby Princess.

YOU CAN`T APPRECIATE THE RAINBOW WITHOUT THE RAIN.
[email protected]

MSC Seaside December 2017 Caribbean
MSC Preziosa September 2017 Northern Europe.
Majestic Princess April 2017 Inaugural med cruise.
MSC Orchestra November 2014 Venice to Dubai
MSC Divina November 2013 T.A. Venice to Miami
MSC Opera June 2013 Southampton to Norway
MSC Poesia November 2012 T.A Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale
NCL Jade April/May 2012 B2B Venice to Greek Islands
NCL Jade February 2012 Barcelona to Canary Islands
Costa Deliziosa December 2011 Savona to Savona
Mariner of the Seas May 2011Rome to Rome
Oasis of the Seas October 2010 Caribbean
Queen Victoria May 2010 Southampton to Southampton
Ruby Princess November 2009....
Vision of the Seas September 2009 Denmark to Norway
Brilliance of the Seas June 2009 Barcelona to Barcelona.
Ruby Princess November 2008 ....

burton
87 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by chrismoorkent
Hi, Could you tell me if they have sky sports and BT sports in the sports bar please? TIA

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Forums mobile app

They have European version of sky sports - they do show premier league games - we watched Man City v Liverpool at the weekend (it was very busy, get there early); we have also seen italian/spanish football, plus Tennis, Motorsport, College Football (american)
burton
87 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Finally found some WiFi so will have to go through questions etc when we get home, at least those that have not been answered.
Received an invitation late last night to the Captains Cocktail party tonight with dress code Gala ! Gala night was last night and we get off tomorrow, poor, poor, organisation.

Hey good to hear from you - how has your week been? its certainly been an interesting experience - we have loved all the ports we have been to, lots of improvisation though thats for sure in what we have been doing;
3,927 Posts
Joined Jan 2014

Hi, Dave. Looking forward to hearing how you got on.

Same thing happened on Meraviglia - our last night onboard was Gala night, too!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)

MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
UK
784 Posts
Joined Feb 2009

I'm boarding Preziosa tomorrow..........first port is supposed to be Zeebrugge
Wales
129 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Enjoying reading this thread, very useful. We join Preziosa in Oct, our first MSC cruise! Looking forward to it. Will be keeping my twitter updated with pics and videos.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our cruise videos:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3jJ03FsDa0viAmEvhVCtZw?

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavonacruise

Our cruises:
2014 = Oct - Aurora | Dec - QM2
2015 = April - Arcadia, Western Europe | Oct - Ventura, Cruise break
2016 = Jan - QE, Hamburg round trip | June - Britannia, Fjords | June - Britannia, Guernsey | Oct - Oriana, Short Break | Dec - QV, Short Break
2017 = April - Azura, France, Spain and Guernsey | Oct - Preziosa - 7 night Northern Europe
2918 = May - Oceana, Italy & Croatia
Ireland
1,038 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Darcy15
[/u]

I'm boarding Preziosa tomorrow..........first port is supposed to be Zeebrugge
Yeah, the route map shows Le Havre as last stop before Southampton!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:

Completed cruises
MSC Splendida, 11/6/2017..Western Mediterranean
MSC Fantasia, 11/3/2017..UAE & Oman
MSC Sinfonia, 24/9/2016..Eastern Mediterranean
MSC Divina, 4/7/2015..Western Mediterranean
MSC Preziosa, 20/9/2014..Eastern Mediterranean
Norwegian Epic, 29/9/2013..Western Mediterranean
Splendour of the Seas, 12/5/2012..Eastern Mediterranean
Adventure of the Seas, 3/10/2010..Western Mediterranean
South Wales
291 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Still showing tomorrow on the port website:

https://www.portofzeebrugge.be/en/cr...metable?page=0
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the Seas 2013 12nt Med
Adventure of the Seas 2014 14nt Canaries
Ovation of the Seas 2016 7nt France and Spain
Harmony of the Seas 2016 4nt Getaway to Rotterdam
Navigator of the Seas 2017 12nt Baltics

MSC Presioza 2017 7 nt Northern Europe
Independence of the Seas 8nt Fjords

South Wales
291 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Question for the current cruisers from Soton: when did you get your tickets emailed / mailed to you?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the Seas 2013 12nt Med
Adventure of the Seas 2014 14nt Canaries
Ovation of the Seas 2016 7nt France and Spain
Harmony of the Seas 2016 4nt Getaway to Rotterdam
Navigator of the Seas 2017 12nt Baltics

MSC Presioza 2017 7 nt Northern Europe
Independence of the Seas 8nt Fjords

Portsmouth UK
91 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by ade1982
Question for the current cruisers from Soton: when did you get your tickets emailed / mailed to you?
We are going 4 Oct 17 and got our tickets today by e-mail, booked direct through MSC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming
MSC Preziosa (139,072 GT) Oct 2017 Northern Europe Cruise

Done
P&O Britannia (143,730 GT) Mar 2017 Spain and France Cruise 7/10
P&O Ventura (116,017 GT) Mar 2016 Iberia Cruise 8/10
P&O Arcadia (83,781 GT) Apr 2014 Iberia Cruise 3/10
P&O Ventura (116,017 GT) May 2013 Fjords Cruise 9/10
Fred Olsen Balmoral (43,537 GT) Oct 2012 Iberia Cruise 7/10
Cunard Queen Elizabeth (90,901 GT) May 2012 Spring Getaway 8/10
Celebrity Eclipse (121,878 GT) Apr 2011 Cork Mini Cruise 7/10
Fred Olsen Boudicca (28,388 GT) Dec 2009 Christmas Mini Cruise 7/10
RCCL Voyager of the Seas (138,194 GT) May 2009 Best of Europe Cruise 5/10
Fred Olsen Black Watch (28,613 GT) Dec 2008 Amsterdam Mini Cruise 7/10
Princess Sea Princess (77,499 GT) May 2008 Western Mediterranean Cruise 8/10
RCCL Legend of the Seas (69,130 GT) Oct 2006 Canaries Cruise 9/10

Wales
129 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Our tickets arrived from our TA today
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our cruise videos:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3jJ03FsDa0viAmEvhVCtZw?

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavonacruise

Our cruises:
2014 = Oct - Aurora | Dec - QM2
2015 = April - Arcadia, Western Europe | Oct - Ventura, Cruise break
2016 = Jan - QE, Hamburg round trip | June - Britannia, Fjords | June - Britannia, Guernsey | Oct - Oriana, Short Break | Dec - QV, Short Break
2017 = April - Azura, France, Spain and Guernsey | Oct - Preziosa - 7 night Northern Europe
2918 = May - Oceana, Italy & Croatia