Divina re routing or cancellation options

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:20 PM.
2,912 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by timelordjason
But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.
Unfortunately it's not as easy as just switching. there are contracts in place between the cruise lines and port cities. Some ports can only handle so many ships at one time. With the large number of "megaships" that may also limit which ships can go where. Moving in to the busy Caribbean season, there are a lot more ships headed back to Florida and a lot of coordination needs to be done.

I won't lie, I'd be excited to go to some new E Caribbean ports. Both my Dec and March cruise was E Caribbean (as of this moment) with St Thomas and St Maarten. But I doubt either ship, Harmony or Seaside, will fit at the smaller island ports.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sovereign of the Seas 1999 ** Enchantment of the Seas 2008 ** Jewel of the Seas 2009 ** Oasis of the Seas 2010 Review ** Grandeur of the Seas 2010 Review ** Liberty of the Seas 2010 Review ** Majesty of the Seas 2010 Review ** Navigator of the Seas 2011 ** Allure of the Seas 2011 Review ** Liberty of the Seas 2012 ** Enchantment of the Seas 2014 Review** Brilliance of the Seas 2014 Review** Liberty of the Seas 2014 ** Jewel of the Seas 2015 Review ** Enchantment of the Seas 2016 Review ** Harmony of the Seas 2017 ** Independence of the Seas 2018

Carnival Imagination 2010 ** Carnival Glory 2013 Review ** Carnival Breeze 2014 Review ** Carnival Conquest 2017

Norwegian Sky 2011 ** Norwegian Epic 2012 Review ** Norwegian Sky 2012

Disney Dream 2012 ** Disney Magic 2016 Review ** Disney Dream 2018

MSC Seaside 2018

Coral Princess 2011 Review
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Wandering if any for the following could be a choice for MSC Divina as an alternative in late October?
Aruba
St Lucia
Martinque
St Kitts
Dominica
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise, Fly, Hike, Crawl, Time travel in a T.A.R.D.I.S.
It doesn't matter as long as I get there.

Favorite Places
Barcelona, Corn islands and Granada Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Florida, Arizona, Maine, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Any Mountain I have ever been.
Ontario
86 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Wandering if any for the following could be a choice for MSC Divina as an alternative in late October?
Aruba
St Lucia
Martinque
St Kitts
Dominica
Any of the ports MSC Fantasia is visiting this winter would be an alternative to St Martin.
canada
1,956 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Aruba
St Lucia
Martinque
St Kitts
Dominica
We have a late Oct cruise booked for Divina. My thought was St Kitts would be the easiest choice to replace St Maarten as it has a large deep cruise pier. St Kitts is not typically busy before December so there should be availability to dock. Not sure if the harbor and dock in Dominica would support the Divina. Thought St Croix but usually smaller ships go there. The other islands would be to far from Miami to do San Juan and Nassau with. Unless they just do a full change of the itinerary.

I usually sign off "happy planning" but I think I will save that until we know how our itineraries will be changed. Karen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2016/ RCL Legend Hawaii to Vancouver
2015/RCL Explorer of the Seas Canary Islands,2014/RCL Legend of the Seas Norwegian Fjords b2b with Legend of the Seas Scand/Russia2013/Carnival Conquest West.Carib-Belize&Hondurous 2013/Inaugaural Carnival Sunshine cruise,W.Med 2012/RCL Vision of the Seas Southern Car.12 2012/Celebrity Summit SanJuan to NYC 2011/HAL Rotterdam T/A from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam ,stopover Iceland 2010/NCL Gem b2b Med.from Venice 2009/NCL Dawn Circle the Caribbean from NYC 2009/NCL Gem T/A Miami to Barcelona 2008/Celebrity Century T/A Fl. to Amsterdam 2007/Crown Princess Southern Caribbean from SanJuan 2007/RCL 4 day Bahamas 2007/Carnival Sensation Turks and Caicos 2006/Carnival Spirit Hawaii to Vancouver 2005/ RCL Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean 2004/Sunquest Western Caribbean going to Cuba 2003/Carnival Fascination Eastern Caribbean 1999/Carnival Pride Western Caribbean 1997/Sunquest Southern Caribbean 1995/ Carnival Inspiration Caribbean 1993/Carnival Celebration Eastern Caribbean
83 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Article I read today (USA Today I think it was) said that all major cruise lines are concentrating on evaluations/relief efforts and the next 30 days of passenger cruises. From there they will handle things 30-45 out so just because they do something now does not mean that is the solution for say November and beyond.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kelly

~~~~~~~~

Royal Caribbean Majesty - May 2016
Disney Fantasy - 2014, 2012
Disney Dream - 2011
Disney Wonder - 2010
Disney Magic - 2009
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
I just read on other source that St. Martin is to be replaced by Montego Bay Jamaica I AM DOWN WITH THAT

Saw proof too. Divina is listed on the Jamaica cruise schedule for October where our cruise had st martin scheduled.. EXCITING
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
Barcelona, Corn islands and Granada Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Florida, Arizona, Maine, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Any Mountain I have ever been.
Michigan
2,113 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Montego Bay is part of the western itinerary route and was the obvious choice. I imagine Falmouth might get more traffic too.

St. Croix does take large ships so that's a choice, but ships stopped going there largely due to crime so not sure how that will pan out. St kitts is positively doable.

I've only done the other islands listed (Aruba, Dominica, Martinique, and Dominica) when sailing longer cruises from Florida or 7 day from San Juan. Time is an issue for these, plus ships are generally sailing slower to reduce fuel cost.

It's going to be a mess this winter, I expect a buyers market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
just off the phone with them Jamica is not on our cruise but antigua is
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
Michigan
2,113 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
just off the phone with them Jamica is not on our cruise but antigua is

That would be a huge score for me. Antigua has amazing beaches. Congrats!

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by BermudaBound2014
That would be a huge score for me. Antigua has amazing beaches. Congrats!

YEAH? Maybe you can suggest something beach wise for my wife and I to do that day since we never been. Or should we do a island tour? Feel free to message me wince it is kinda off topic here. I was at a loss for ideas because i dont know the island, beach day or tour day???
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
canada
1,956 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
It's official...Antigua it is.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...r-updates.aspx

Happy planning , Karen
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2016/ RCL Legend Hawaii to Vancouver
2015/RCL Explorer of the Seas Canary Islands,2014/RCL Legend of the Seas Norwegian Fjords b2b with Legend of the Seas Scand/Russia2013/Carnival Conquest West.Carib-Belize&Hondurous 2013/Inaugaural Carnival Sunshine cruise,W.Med 2012/RCL Vision of the Seas Southern Car.12 2012/Celebrity Summit SanJuan to NYC 2011/HAL Rotterdam T/A from Fort Lauderdale to Rotterdam ,stopover Iceland 2010/NCL Gem b2b Med.from Venice 2009/NCL Dawn Circle the Caribbean from NYC 2009/NCL Gem T/A Miami to Barcelona 2008/Celebrity Century T/A Fl. to Amsterdam 2007/Crown Princess Southern Caribbean from SanJuan 2007/RCL 4 day Bahamas 2007/Carnival Sensation Turks and Caicos 2006/Carnival Spirit Hawaii to Vancouver 2005/ RCL Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean 2004/Sunquest Western Caribbean going to Cuba 2003/Carnival Fascination Eastern Caribbean 1999/Carnival Pride Western Caribbean 1997/Sunquest Southern Caribbean 1995/ Carnival Inspiration Caribbean 1993/Carnival Celebration Eastern Caribbean
Michigan
2,113 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
YEAH? Maybe you can suggest something beach wise for my wife and I to do that day since we never been. Or should we do a island tour? Feel free to message me wince it is kinda off topic here. I was at a loss for ideas because i dont know the island, beach day or tour day???

I vote for beach day. See if you can get a day pass to Sandals- I spent 14 glorious days there a few years back and never really left the resort because the beach was exquisite.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Oh goodness that is out of our price range i can bet. Plus we are not resorty lol if we go to a beach i want it secluded and not afraid of taxis and buses
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
United States
13,848 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Oh goodness that is out of our price range i can bet. Plus we are not resorty lol if we go to a beach i want it secluded and not afraid of taxis and buses
How much do you want to spend in Antigua for the day, per person? I'm pretty good in the $0 - $75 per person range
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by LMaxwell
How much do you want to spend in Antigua for the day, per person? I'm pretty good in the $0 - $75 per person range
Around that but more like 0 to $65 pp
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places
Toronto,Canada
684 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Antigua has 365 beaches-for each day in a year one.
I had been there several times,and any beach I visited had been gorgeous.
I do remember just one name: Valley Church Beach,and another one (I think) was Half Moon Bay.
But you cannot go wrong with ANY beach on the Antigua.

Well,maybe now,after the hurricane,you have to find out if some beaches were destroyed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises:
BOLERO-New Years Millenium cruise 1999/2000
RCL MONARCH OTS-E.Caribbean 2001
RCL EXPLORER OTS-E.Caribbean 2002
DAWN PRINCESS-E.Caribbean 2004
SUN PRINCESS-E.Caribbean 2005(first JUG's cruise)
CROWN PRINCESS-S.Caribbean 2006
NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA-HAWAII 2007
CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION -S.Carib. 2008
CELEBRITY SOLSTICE -S.Carib. 2009
MSC SPLENDIDA -W.Med. 2009
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS-B2B E./S.Carib. 2010
EMERALD PRINCESS-S.Carib.(JUG's Reunion) 2010
RCL LIBERTY OTS -Transatlantic Oct.2011
RCL OASIS OTS -W.Caribbean Nov.2011
CELEBRITY SUMMIT-B2B E./S.Carib.Jan.2013
CELEBRITYINFINITYPanama Canal Nov.2013
MSC DIVINA-W.Caribbean 2014

RCL Brilliance OTS -JUG's Memories cruise-Repo Boston to Tampa Oct.2014
CarnivalBreeze-Caribbean,September 2015
RCL Serenade OTS-Canada/New England October 2016
MSC Divina -S.Caribbean December 2016
Caribbean Princess - October/November 2017/VTG cruise

Tucson, AZ
2,683 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I look forward to Antigua. I have been there previously and took some personal time with people I was acquainted with and went to Nelson's Shipyard, a great experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

"Dad, don't worry about missing the beach, Arizona is all beach, just no water"
Northern Ireland
110 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by cruisingcanadian
Antigua has 365 beaches-for each day in a year one.
I had been there several times,and any beach I visited had been gorgeous.
I do remember just one name: Valley Church Beach,and another one (I think) was Half Moon Bay.
But you cannot go wrong with ANY beach on the Antigua.

Well,maybe now,after the hurricane,you have to find out if some beaches were destroyed.
Antigua is a lovely island and you're certainly spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches. Although some areas were impacted by Irma, ironically some friends have just had their Antigua holiday rearranged to Grenada due to damage at their hotel.
Tennessee
204 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by IHLOZ
does anyone look at the MSC site for updates??

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/A...a-Updates.aspx
of course thats where we found out about antigua
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Favorite Places