Posted September 11th, 2017, 08:25 PM
This is a great question and we are booked on the Vista leaving October 7th. Our itinerary was Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and St. Kitts so pretty much zero chance of that happening although from what I understand the only one that"s 100% out is St. Maarten. We also booked this for the itinerary and it was pretty much Carnival's priciest itinerary due to New Ship and the itinerary. While I understand the circumstances and we are going to have a good cruise regardless of where they take us I have to admit I'll be a bit disappointed if this gets changed to a western itinerary as I could have booked one for 60% of the price of this cruise...oh well, unless they wait to change it until we're on board I can always cancel (bought the insurance) and just rebook a last minute cruise
Either way, I feel really bad for all the people affected by this storm and having a cruise rerouted isn't really being affected much. Who knows...maybe we stay on the Eastern route and can help with the rebuilding process.