interesting info: Vista sep 3-9 sailing...

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:15 PM.
Upstate New York
371 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
There are no winners in this thread, sadly.

OP is angry about a lot of things, including a lost vacation opportunity.

People in the affected area of the cruise port have lost much more, and it sounds like the cruise that was to be would be next to impossible to get to anyway. There would certainly be hazards and risks trying to get to the port,

People on the cruise now have been kept from returning to see the devastation and damage to their properties, albeit in the luxury of a cruise ship. Imagine not knowing if your house still has a roof or not, and no way to find out for sure? Hard to begrudge them a few more days of air conditioning and clean running water.

Whatever Carnival offered, it wouldn't be enough. People will feel what they feel, and few are able to get past their own losses to see the pain of others.

I'm sorry for your lost cruise. I hope when you do book again, everything goes smoothly.

But my sympathy is squarely in the corner of those whose lives have been shattered by the forces of nature.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
- I keep on hoping we'll have cake by the ocean!

Carnival Conquest 8/26/17
Carnival Valor 08/14/16
Carnival Splendor 01/28/14
Carnival Miracle 05/17/08
Carnival Legend 8/1/05
Carnival Paradise 8/28/04 (With Special Guest Hurricane Frances!)
East Texas/Arkansas border
662 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
If you were ON the ship..SCORE. (insert envy)

So...
sometimes you're the WINDSHIELD
sometimes you're the BUG

And sometimes your luck/life is such that you are always the bug. (insert Hee Haw song here: if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...gloom, despair and agony on me..:raspberry)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kat

I cannot control the thoughts, feelings, or actions of others. I can only control my response. SOMETIMES.

462 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Well these Boards have certainly proved one thing, this country is filled with more hateful, self-absorbed, ignorant people than I realized. Luckily, most of the people here greatly outnumber them. My thanks to the good folks on here.
Central PA
181 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Just a thought. The people on the ship will be getting extra cruise days, but it's really not free. Because they couldn't make it home they are not at work, thus no pay check.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Disney Wonder 2004 to Bahamas
Disney Magic 2006 Double Dip Western
Disney Magic 2008 Double Dip Western
Carnival Glory 2009 Eastern w/girlfriends
Carnival Triumph 2010 Eastern w/Mom, sister, cousin
Carnival Pride 2011 Eastern w/cousin
Carnival Glory 2013 Western w/girlfriends
Carnival Pride 2015 Girlfriend Retirement Cruise
Grandeur of the Seas 2015 Bermuda w/husband
Carnival Vista 2017 Western with Family
Salem, MA
408 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Just heard from a crew member on the Vista earlier this evening. He works in the Horizon Dinning Room. The ship headed back out on its modified itinerary today with only 820 passengers on board. So if based on what the OP said about an offer for people to stay on-board from the previous cruise, it doesn't sound like a lot of people took the offer. He didn't say anything about them being existing or new passengers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Madri Gras 1982
Carnival Festival 1983
Atlantic (Home Lines) 1984
Britanis (Celebrity Cruise Lines)1985
Carnival Fantasy 1992
Carnival Destiny 1998
Carnival Destiny 1999
Carnival Victory 2002
Carnival Pride 2004
Carnival Valor 2005
Carnival Freedom 2012
Carnival Liberty 2013
Carnival Glory 2013
Carnival Breeze 2014 (July)
Carnival Breeze 2014 (August)
Carnival Breeze 2105 (7/12)
Carnival Breeze 2015 (7/18)
Carnival Magic 2016
Carnival Valor 2016
Carnival Vista 2017
Carnival Vista 2017/2018
Southern Maryland
4,936 Posts
Joined Nov 2004
That is a very small number of passengers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Breeze W. Caribbean 1/2017
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas 10/2016
Disney Fantasy 11/2014
Carnival Dream E. Caribbean 11/2013
Carnival Glory CruisetoNowhere 5/2013
Carnival Paradise W. Caribbean 4/2013
Carnival Breeze Exotic Caribbean 1/2013
Carnival Pride CruisetoNowhere 11/2012
Carnival Spirit Alaska 5/2012
Carnival Pride Bermuda 11/2011
Carnival Triumph Canada 6/2009
HAL Zaandam E. Caribbean 3/2005
Carnival Sensation E. Caribbean 7/1998
Carnival Celebration W. Caribbean 12/1996
SS Lurline Hawaii to LA
828 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Should i be mad when i go on a cruise i have to pay for the wife and kids too then ? It cost me anywhere between 2x to 5x the rate for me to enjoy only my share of the cruise. Its so unfair will someone please let me cry on your shoulder why other's throw my pity party ?

OP why do you feel you go screwed ? You are getting a refund and a credit. Ever go to a ball game that gets rained out ? Did you get your money back you paid for parking ? Do you complain when someone get crappy service at a resturant and the server buys them a dessert ? Do you wish you had gotten bad service too, just to get a freebie ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
NC
1,055 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Times of crisis will bring out the true colors of a person. The people that complain about every little thing (all first world problems) are the people that we call the "my gold is too heavy" people. They have so much compared to so many but will complain about it all and they are ALWAYS looking for someone that GOT something they didn't. Yes this country has become a very self absorbed, selfish bunch of cry babies for sure.

Thank god there is the other side of coin and these times will also bring out the helpers, the considerate and the kind.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature