You opinion on port substitution desired

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:22 PM.
12 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Does anyone want to guess on what they will do for an 11/11/17 sailing scheduled to go to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk? I am thinking St. Thomas will not be ready in 2 months. Do you agree? Do you think they'll stop at a different port or add an extra sea day? Thanks for your opinions!!!
South Carolina
28,280 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
It's amazing how quickly ports can be restored ....
Too soon to know just now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
U.S.
5,889 Posts
Joined May 2006
While not discounting Irma's devastation, I will say, in my cruising experience, tender ports are much more likely to be cancelled. Non-tender ports will open fairly quickly once it has been decided it is safe because the ship may allow staff to debark to participate in island clean-up while passengers are enjoying their port day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
39 cruises and counting.....
18,190 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Sue Goodreds
Does anyone want to guess on what they will do for an 11/11/17 sailing scheduled to go to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk? I am thinking St. Thomas will not be ready in 2 months. Do you agree? Do you think they'll stop at a different port or add an extra sea day? Thanks for your opinions!!!
Time will tell.
United States
13,893 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Sue Goodreds
I agre with you about St Thomas. If I had to guess I'd say either sea day or Amber Cove