Oasis Redux? More Royal Caribbean Vessels to Look Like World's Largest Cruise Ship

LauraS

I think that is a great move on RCI's part. This will make Radiance and Splendour a lot nicer than they already are.

This also goes along with a recent rumor I heard. RCI's next ship will be another Freedom Class with Oasis amenities.

Princess in75% complete with the "Crownization" of their fleet as well. It's nice to see some of my favorate "mid size" ships getting new life breathed back into them.

And Celebrity is "Solsticizing" their older ships. Good moves by all.

I'm not thrilled about the surcharge restaurants, but the diamond lounge is exciting. Does anyone know where these will go? I'm curious what they'll end up having to remove to accomodate these new areas.

It looks like some of the new addtions will simply replace existing venues....such as Giovannis replacing Portofino (that's a good thing!), or Park Cafe replacing the Solarium Grill (that's a great thing!). Other food venues likely to be affected are the Sea View Cafe and the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer.

The Diamond Lounge is an interesting one. My guess is it will replace the Hollywood Odyssey Lounge up in the Viking Crown.

It looks like some of the new addtions will simply replace existing venues....such as Giovannis replacing Portofino (that's a good thing!), or Park Cafe replacing the Solarium Grill (that's a great thing!). Other food venues likely to be affected are the Sea View Cafe and the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer.

The Diamond Lounge is an interesting one. My guess is it will replace the Hollywood Odyssey Lounge up in the Viking Crown.

Thanks! That would make sense about the Diamond Lounge. The Hollywood Odyssey lounge is a perfect space for that. Hope we don't lose the seaview but I'm thinking she's a goner.

I would love to see more upgrades for Enchantment of the Seas. I have always thought it is a beautiful ship. Been on it twice, once after the exension. I find the service on the mid size ships always seems better, like they are trying harder, but I realize it is because of less passengers.

My husband and I are over 65. We do love to cruise and have about 18 times. We like Port Canaveral the best as it is closer to our home in SC.

Would love to see Navigator get some updating and also Majesty and Monarch. I know Majesty and Monarch were refurbished a few years back, but they are still lacking some cherished amenities. Maybe Majesty and Monarch could get Enchantment-style "stretches" which would give them space for some of the Allure/Oasis bells and whistles. (Also Vision of the Seas.)

Thank you, RCI, for updating some of these ships.

• 3 months later...
It looks like some of the new addtions will simply replace existing venues....Other food venues likely to be affected are the Sea View Cafe and the outdoor seating area of the Windjammer.

quote]

One of my favorite activities on ship is enjoying the sights and sounds of wherever we are, while enjoying breakfast and lunch, outdoors aft of the buffet ... much better than sitting in a packed all-you-can-eat buffet just like the chow halls back home.

No RCI ship since Radiance class has an outdoor eating area by the buffet. If Radiance loses that ...they lose me too.

And why must we have a giant video screen blaring at us all day long now? I get video and music everywhere I go at home ...now we can't even get away from it on the open sea?

When I'm cruising on a ship, I like to feel like I'm away from all the noise, enjoying being on a ship ...that experience is fast disappearing.

• 6 months later...

Archived