Earliest flight time out from Ft Lauderdale, when arriving by cruise at Port of Miami

Sunsetters

Won't be a problem if you arrive in Miami on time. My last two flights were at 1030 from FLL after arriving in Miami and was at the airport before 9am without rushing each time.

Edited by ILTCOC

We took our time getting off Liberty and waited for a while for our shuttle and still had time to kill for a 11:45 am flight, I would think you would be fine but you never know. Are you taking a cab to FLL?

Edited by Midwestgal

This will be our first cruise out of Miami, since our flights are out of Ft. Lauderdale, I was wondering if we would be safe to book a 10:30 am flight. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Carnival's recommendation is not to book a flight before noon if flying out of FLL and are transferring from POM. You might make it, but any snag could make you miss your flight. How do you plan to transfer to Fort Lauderdale from Miami?

Earliest Flight Departures:

Earliest departures out of the Miami International Airport: 11:30am

Earliest departures out of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport: 12:00pm

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-transfers/miami.aspx

We got off the breeze in April and were at the Fort Lauderdale airport by 9 AM. We did do the self disembark. Our flight was not until 5 PM. Groan. Southwest could not get us on an earlier flight. Talk about a long day at the airport. I think it really just depends how quickly you can get off the ship.

We were going to use SAS Transportation. Hmmm what to do, what to do??? LOL Flights are half price at 10:30 vs 12:30 , but won't be worth it if we miss it!!

I believe we are on the same cruise. We were trying to decide the same thing. Because the next flight out would be at 6:00pm and I guess if we did that we would just take the swamp boat excursion. But Im sure there will still be lots of time to waste. :(

We have the same flight issue and we booked 11:15 out of FLL. We will do self assist and hope for the best. I booked QLS shuttle service as they were fast and right on time last time but if it looked like it might be taking too long we'll just hop a cab.

Last January I stood in the longest security line I'd ever seen at any airport. FLL used to be easy... but the line went all over the airport and took over an hour just to get up to the security screeners. I wouldn't be comfortable at all that early for FLL. I'll do and 11am or so from MIA, but you have a 30-45 minute ride to FLL after you leave the ship, then you have to check bags and get through security. Too much can go wrong there.

We were on Breeze for NYE and we did it. However, I doubt that I would chance it again, even though we had no issues for our 10:45am flight. We did Self-Assist, went smoothly and quickly, got through Customs and went to get in the taxi line. It was a bit long, but then there were no taxis left, and we were at least 6-7 groups deep. My nerves started to kick in! My DH found a shuttle headed to FLL, so we got the last 4 seats and were on I-95 by 8am. Got checked in and through security with plenty of time to spare:) We had no choice with our flight time, but if I did have to do again I would use SAS or the same shuttle we used this time.

We were going to use SAS Transportation. Hmmm what to do, what to do??? LOL Flights are half price at 10:30 vs 12:30 , but won't be worth it if we miss it!!

JMHO, but we avoid the "cheap" flights. Generally, those are the flight's that are not "makeable" (is that a word?). You might make it, but everything would have to line up :)!

Personally, we'd rather wait a while and even pay a bit more NOT to have to worry about getting home.

JMHO again,

Last August, we could have easily made a 10:30 flight. The Liberty got into port before 5am as we were docked when we woke up to pack. Had breakfast on the Lido, did self assist by 7 and SAS met us at 7:30 and we were at FLL by 8:30am. I had booked a flight at 11:45 so we had to wait!

However, the cruise before ours was released late, and I am not sure that they were off the ship before 10. Certainly, noone from our cruise got on until about 1:30pm. They would have missed the plane. So it is a chance that you take and there are factors beyond your control.

Incidentally, we were very pleased with SAS Transportation and would recommend them.

JMHO, but we avoid the "cheap" flights. Generally, those are the flight's that are not "makeable" (is that a word?). You might make it, but everything would have to line up :)!

Personally, we'd rather wait a while and even pay a bit more NOT to have to worry about getting home.

JMHO again,

Actually that's not true of Southwest, in fact the even earlier ones that one could never make are more expensive. So that rule doesn't always hold true. We are hoping to make it for 11:15 because A. It was cheap and B. it's the only direct flight that day making a 2 hour flight into 6 if we don't make it.

Hi Cruisers

We flew into and out of Fort Lauderdale on our last cruise out of Miami. We had no problem making an 11:30 flight out of FLL. We were check in by 9:40. If you are in doubt check with the ship desk. and there is also self assist. You should be okay. We used SAS shuttle both ways excellent service. Happy Cruising

kruise runner:cool:

Just because the handful of responses you'll receive here say, "sure, no problem, do self assist, have early shuttle pickup" doesn't mean it will be "no problem" for every person on every sailing.

Sometimes, there are things that happen and disembarkation doesn't begin super early.

What is they say about investment? Past results are no indication of future performance?

I'm probably going to book an 11:30 flight out of FLL when I sail Splendor. But I realize what a risk I'm taking by doing that and I'm willing to accept that risk.

The Breeze this past week didn't have a passengers off until around 9:30.

I would always plan for a later flight. That way, too, you would have time to change it if things were behind anywhere in the transporation of getting off, getting to the airport, etc.

I had the same worry about making my flight. So I purchased Carnival's " First to the Fun", "Fast To the Fun", "Get Me to the Fun"....whatever this pass is called, or as I like to call it...."Get Me to the Airport on Time."

Supposedly it gives me priority in disembarking the ship when it gets back to Miami. I also only had to buy one pass for myself...my girlfriend gets to

come along for free. The cost was about $50, but I now have peace of mind that I shouldn't have any problems making my flight out of Fort Lauderdale.

I also apparently get to board early on embarkation day which means I will be drinking a Painkiller way before my other 3000 fellow passengers!

Sorry, no nice assurances from here. I think it would be foolhardy to say the least. I seriously think you're cutting it way too tight. I would only suggest trying it, if you will be OK with the results should you miss the flight.

Sure the later time will cost you more now, but you have to figure how many times worse that price could end up being if you miss the plane. No way to know how much more that same day ticket will cost, if you have to buy it that day; or if there will still be seats on a later flight. And yes, you have to wait around the airport for a later flight, but not near as long as you'd likely wait if you miss the first one and the later ones are full. How about the cost of a hotel if you have to wait till the next day, or the lost income if you miss an extra day of work to fly home then.

I know I wouldn't do it, but then I'm no gambler.

By the way, that Faster to the Fun deal may get you off earlier than you would do otherwise, but it can only get you off the ship AFTER the customs clears the ship. If there's a delay in clearing, you will be waiting just like everyone else. There's no guarantee in there of any specific time.

And all that being as it is, it's sure to be one lousy way to end a great vacation, rushing and stressing out about possibly missing your plane.

Edited by Gayle V

No way would I schedule a plane that early but before you do I would look to see if any ships are in port at Port Everglades.

If a couple of ships are in, the airport lines will be overwhelming. I have been in a 20 minutes baggage line and 45 minutes in security at FLL because 6000 other cruisers are headed home.

Our Conquest cruise in Dec took forever to get off - very late...like 11 am by the time we were out of there

Fort Lauderdale has the 2 big ones every week - Oasis and Allure (*though I think Oasis is going to Europe for a bit of drydock?)....

so yeah you might have a wait to get through the lines

Just not a good idea to cut it so close IMHO