wine tours in Santa Barbara

Has anyone done a wine tour in Santa Barbara not thru Princess? If you have, who would you recommend? The prices through Princess are really expensive. In other ports, we have always booked tours not thru the cruise ine based on recommendations from cruise critic members and have always been happy plus the cost is so much less. Any suggestions would be helpful. thank you.:)

Has anyone done a wine tour in Santa Barbara not thru Princess? If you have, who would you recommend? The prices through Princess are really expensive. In other ports, we have always booked tours not thru the cruise ine based on recommendations from cruise critic members and have always been happy plus the cost is so much less. Any suggestions would be helpful. thank you.:)

Did you want to go see some vineyards or just do some tastings. When we were there last fall we visited the Old Mission and still had plenty of time to do some tastings on the "Urban Wine Trail" which is just off State street. You can take the $.50 shuttle from the tender area up State St. Use "google maps" to figure out a nice walk.

Edited by lamchops

• 1 year later...

Hey, I know this is my first post but I have been tasting in santa barbara a bunch and have tried several companies in the past. If you looking for something really awesome I would recommend Rooted Vine Tours. They picked us up and dropped us off at the tender location and provided an amazing un-rushed day. I was kinda scared to go with someone other then what the cruise ship offered but so glad we did! We had a super fun and educational tour with a delicious lunch and premium wineries. It was much better then what was offered by the the cruise ship. We used RVT last year and again this spring. They got us back with plenty of time to spare and are reasonably priced in comparison to other companies. Hope this helps! :)