Snorkeling with Renee

Once Upon A Time

We just snorkeled with her last week. We were a party of 6...2 beginners, 2 intermediate, and 2 who have become snorkeling maniacs in the past couple of years. One of the beginners wasn't thrilled with it... But he didn't recognize, being a newbie, what unusual things we got to see. I had requested that we see rarer specimens rather than multitudes, and she accommodated our request...we saw fish we never would have seen on our own.

I too read some poor reviews and was worried...I'd go with her again in a heartbeat.

We stopped in Bonaire last week and had a great time. It was the best snorkeling we have done, and it was free.

When you get off the boat go to the left and walk down the sidewalk. You can snorkel any place along the water. We walked down to Eden Beach, it was about a two mile walk along the water, or you can take a taxi for $3 per person. At Eden Beach there is no admission fee but you can rent a chair for $5. You can see lot's of fish right off the dock, or get up close and personal in the water. There is a bar where you can get a reasonably priced drink.

ENJOY!

I agree that you can have a great snorkel for free. But if you're wanting to learn rather than just view, going with Renee is an excellent choice. She showed us many fish that only come out at night (without disturbing them), showed us nesting fish, etc. If you know all the fish or don't care, then choose the free option. I'm one of those people who wants to k ow the names of plants, birds, and fish, both at home and away. It increases my pleasure greatly. Each person needs to decide which type they are.

• 5 weeks later...

We had a fantastic snorkel experience with Renee. She picked up our group of six in her minivan and took us to two snorkel sites. The first was just aft of where the ship was docked and was the "fish" stop. We saw a large tarpon, some bonefish, a number of eels, an octopus, squid, many angels and sergeant majors. The highlight was a coronet fish, the first Renee had seen in three years.

The next stop was in front of where the ship was docked and was the "coral" stop. There will still multitudes of fish but many more beautiful and colorful corals.

I highly recommend Renee Snorkel Tours.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Looking for comments on Snorkeling with Renee. Anyone been with her recently? Saw some discouraging comments from some past clients, but hope that's not the case now...

Had very good tour with Renee. She picked us up with her van. Only 5 people. We went from the shore in two spots. Renee went ahead of us and when she spotted something we surfaced and she explained what we were viewing. Much better than going with 40 people to an offshore site. She did not offer floatation vests.

Archived