Connie - would we be disappointed post Equinox?

Natalia&Nick

It is a M class rather than a S Class ship. It depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. We actually prefer the smaller M Class ships to the as Class. They have solsatized the M Class ships so they have most of the same restaurants, etc, but they are older and smaller. Again, it is actually the size we prefer. Enjoy

Not sure what you mean by "as good as"; perhaps you could clarify your inquiry.

we just booked on Connie for a Carib cruise after a series of S class cruises...the cruise has an itin we like and perhaps it may a quieter/more relaxing cruise with fewer folks on board.

M class ships have a great layout and with AQ/Blu it should be perfect for us.. we are following any condition issues via cruise critic but so far I see none! (I think Connie is the youngest M class ship???)

for Europe I think M class would be great since the itins are usually quite port intensive. There will be fewer getting on and off. Our first med cruise was on Century some years ago and it was very workable in the ports!

Depends. We did Summit (same class of ship you are considering) after having done both Eclipse and Silhouette. Because the other ships were new at the time they had a lot of WOW factor about them. Summit for us was a bit of a let down even though we had done that claass of ship previously and knew what it was all about. Nothing to kill a vacation, but there were no 'ooohs and aaahs' for Summit.

While I prefer the S-Class ships I would (and have) definitely book an M-Class ship if it was the itinerary I wanted to do. I would also say that some of the things that I prefer about the S-Class are a little less important when doing a Med Cruise.

So, if an M-Class ship itinerary works for you, go ahead and book it. In looking at cruises this year it seems the M-Class sailings are a little less expensive than similar S-Class sailings.

Thanks all.

Well. We liked the cabin a lot and the elegance of the mdr balcony. And Martini Bar and Molecular.

Was disappointed with the shows only.

Didn't use indoor pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You really won't know until you try it. I love the S class ships and would be unhappy on the M class, but that is just me!!!:)

Thanks all.

Well. We liked the cabin a lot and the elegance of the mdr balcony. And Martini Bar and Molecular.

Was disappointed with the shows only.

Didn't use indoor pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The M class ships don't have a Molecular Bar. The Martini Bar is fun

though;)

If you would like to dance on a dance floor in a lounge atmosphere,rather than at the bottom of a stairway while other people stand around and look at you, then you will like M-and C-class ships better than S-class. (Rendez-vous Square)

If you like warm atmosphere with wood- and brass-tones in the main dining room, rather than whitish sort of plastic looking walls with steel and glass railings, then you will like the M-and C-class ships better than the S-class.

If you like a banquet style seating with individual drink tables in the theatre, rather than individual seats with a cup-holder built into the armrest which won't hold a wine glass but will do a beer, then you will like the M-and C-class ships better than the S-class.

If you like the Thalassotherapy pool rather than a regular one, then the M-class ship is better than the S-class.

If you like two pools, one of which is only 4-feet deep -- especially if you don't swim -- rather than two pools which are five or more feet deep, then the M-class is better than the S-and C-class ships.

These are some of the design differences that we found when on Solstice. And we miss these things on the S-class.

On the other hand, when on M-or C-class, we did not miss the glass and grass on the top decks of the S-class; who cares? But just because we like the M-class, especially Constellation, does not mean that we don't like the S-class. We just prefer the M-class.

That said, we are booked for a back-to-back on Silhouette next weekend. Not because of the itineraries but because these were available and we are suffering from a severe cruising shortage. (Had to cancel the last two due to health issue and weather, so we are in dire need of a fix.) We don't give a damn for the most part where they go in the Caribbean; we may or may not even get off at the ports. We love to be aboard.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Edited by spearmint

I have sailed both Equinox and Constellation on an Eastern Med.cruise.

Both went to many of the same ports. Only two sea days on both. The intinerary is port intensive.

Equinox pros:

Love the Sunset Bar and the grass area and wicker chairs. The glass blowers shows.

Martini bar and area are bigger.

Love the solarium,indoor pool area,very relaxing.

Constellation:pro's

More elevators, and love the mid elevator with view of the ocean.

Best bar waiters in sunset bar by far.

Wine bar and Bristo on Five is a very quiet area for relaxing in the evening.

Captian Tasso is the best ever. His evening Greek myth stories at sailway were

not be be missed.

Really,you cannot go wrong with either ship in this beautiful area of the world.

I have sailed both Equinox and Constellation on an Eastern Med.cruise.

Both went to many of the same ports. Only two sea days on both. The intinerary is port intensive.

Equinox pros:

Love the Sunset Bar and the grass area and wicker chairs. The glass blowers shows.

Martini bar and area are bigger.

Love the solarium,indoor pool area,very relaxing.

Constellation:pro's

More elevators, and love the mid elevator with view of the ocean.

Best bar waiters in sunset bar by far.

Wine bar and Bristo on Five is a very quiet area for relaxing in the evening.

Captian Tasso is the best ever. His evening Greek myth stories at sailway were

not be be missed.

Really,you cannot go wrong with either ship in this beautiful area of the world.

Where is the Sunset Bar on Connie? I saw it mentioned in another post but I couldn't find it on the deck plan. Thanks

Jaddy,

The Sunset Bar is the open area beyond the buffet overlooking the aft of ship.

My favorite place to eat breakfast outside, perfect for sailaway, and late night drinks. The bar is ususally open till midnight.

Jaddy,

My favorite place to eat breakfast outside, perfect for sailaway, and late night drinks. The bar is ususally open till midnight.

I love that bar too:)

Jaddy,

Yep. One of my very favourite spots on M-and C-class ships. Instant relaxation!:)

Bill

We sailed the Connie in 2003 and lately have been on the Equinox and Reflection. Just back from a Connie 5 day. I would go for a Concierge cabin, which is roughly the same size as the S-class cabins. We found the Connie well maintained and very clean. The first day or so in the Oceanview Cafe was a bit disappointing, until we figured out our mistake. On the S-class, the buffet was many separate stations in one large area. Not so on M-class. Breakfast had stations for American, British and Asian foods. The American station had oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. What, no pancakes, no waffles? Is Celebrity cutting back? No, they're not. Aft of the main seating area, just inside the doors to the Sunset Bar is another seating area. The farthest aft area has a station for pancakes, waffles and french toast, bacon, etc. At lunch, this station has hot and cold sandwiches and great french fries. You also have to walk toward the aft area to find the pizza station. The Connie's pizza was better than Reflection's. In short, we love the S-class, but would not hesitate to book another M-class cruise.

The Constellation and Millennium were our favorite ships prior to the advent of the S class. Now, we consider the M class as five stars and the S class as five and one stars. For reference, all of our prior cruieses on the M class were large balconies prior to the CC class and CC-1 thereafter. All of our S class cruises have been AQ-1.

If you would like to dance on a dance floor in a lounge atmosphere,rather than at the bottom of a stairway while other people stand around and look at you, then you will like M-and C-class ships better than S-class. (Rendez-vous Square)

If you like warm atmosphere with wood- and brass-tones in the main dining room, rather than whitish sort of plastic looking walls with steel and glass railings, then you will like the M-and C-class ships better than the S-class.

If you like a banquet style seating with individual drink tables in the theatre, rather than individual seats with a cup-holder built into the armrest which won't hold a wine glass but will do a beer, then you will like the M-and C-class ships better than the S-class.

If you like the Thalassotherapy pool rather than a regular one, then the M-class ship is better than the S-class.

For those in a regular stateroom (not a suite), I just wanted to add:

If you like to have ample, well-designed and conveniently located storage space in your stateroom within easy reach, accessible closets with doors that swing wide open, and full-sized nightstands with real drawers beside your bed, then you will like the M-class ships.

I had the same question after sailing on Solstice and considering a cruise on Millie. I attended a charity lunch held onboard Millie late last year and they gave us a tour of the ship as well. As others have mentioned, I felt that the M class ships didn't have the WOW factor of S class, except for the MDR which was lovely. They have added the Martini bar and some other S class features but to me they felt a bit incongruent with the ships decor, which is a much more traditional style than S class ships.

My conclusion was S class is my 1st preference but I would take a cruise on an M class ship, and many people I spoke with on Solstice actually preferred M Class over S Class, but go knowing that it is different to S class. The service and food would be of the same standard, just in a different decor. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Ando