Lawrence of Antigua

skyline

:confused:We booked a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua back in November 2013 for this fall. During the last several months, I haven't heard anything about them on the boards. Are they still in business? Has anyone used them lately? Any suggestions if we must get other plans? Thanks for your help.

Lawrence has been around for years, and has always been reputable.

It is off season in the Caribbean, not many people are going there to report back. He may be on vacation himself.

If you are concerned, why not send him a "hello, just re-confirming, we are looking forward to seeing you on XXX" email, or something like that.

I've done that myself for private tours I booked far in advance.

Lawrence is indeed an excellent guide, and we really enjoyed our day with him. We would highly recommend a PRIVATE tour as that is much more enjoyable and you can customize the tour to fit your wishes and include his recommendations.

The only other day we've had that compared to that was a day on the Excellence catamaran (See Antigual by Sea excursion offered by the cruise lines).

Have a great tour! :)

We booked an island tour for Antigua with Gordon Tours

We are looking at Gordon Tours as well. Would be very interested in hearing about your tour with Gordon when you return. Not many reviews I can find lately (we are going in January 2015). Thanks

I have tried emailing both & only one answer which did not give me what I was looking for. We are 6 & wanted a private tour, no reply to that request.

I have tried emailing both & only one answer which did not give me what I was looking for. We are 6 & wanted a private tour, no reply to that request.

L should reply with a quote and itinerary ideas for a private tour, he may be busy but I would definitely stick with him. How far away is your cruise?

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Very nice gentleman - used speaker in van so that even me - in the back of the van - could hear every word. Did his 4 hour tour and learned a lot about Antigua. Very dependable, reliable and very knowledgeable.

Extremely pleased to have traveled for the day with him. Would definitely recommend him!

One couple was dropped off at Valley Cane Beach and we were taken back to ship. When I checked with that couple they said they enjoyed the beach a lot even though there was a significant drop off in the water. They said that Lawrence was ready and waiting for them when they were ready to go back to the ship - no problem!

Edited by chickadee1

Just returned from our tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Very nice gentleman - used speaker in van so that even me - in the back of the van - could hear every word. Did his 4 hour tour and learned a lot about Antigua. Very dependable, reliable and very knowledgeable.

Extremely pleased to have traveled for the day with him. Would definitely recommend him!

One couple was dropped off at Valley Cane Beach and we were taken back to ship. When I checked with that couple they said they enjoyed the beach a lot even though there was a significant drop off in the water. They said that Lawrence was ready and waiting for them when they were ready to go back to the ship - no problem!

Thanks for your report. We recommended Lawrence to friends who also had a great day with him. Very personalized touch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...