Stroller?

wilcofan

So I'm browsing around on this forum and I'm suddenly wondering if I need to bring a stroller! I had no intention of bringing one for my 2.5 year old but I'm starting to think we should!

My son is NOT a stroller kid and prefers to walk everywhere BUT he's a bolter and he doesn't always like to hold our hands.

This is our first cruise so we don't fully know what to expect. Sounds like it may come in handy when getting on and off the boat and when we go to Nassau?

I assume a small umbrella stroller is the way to go but I hate to lug it around if we aren't really going to use it.

Thoughts?

So I'm browsing around on this forum and I'm suddenly wondering if I need to bring a stroller! I had no intention of bringing one for my 2.5 year old but I'm starting to think we should!

My son is NOT a stroller kid and prefers to walk everywhere BUT he's a bolter and he doesn't always like to hold our hands.

This is our first cruise so we don't fully know what to expect. Sounds like it may come in handy when getting on and off the boat and when we go to Nassau?

I assume a small umbrella stroller is the way to go but I hate to lug it around if we aren't really going to use it.

Thoughts?

DD loves to walk too. We took a cheap, small umbrella stroller (think $20 Target) on Allure when she was nearly 2 1/2. We used it on embarkation day (at port & exploring ship) and in St. Maarten (the only port where we planned to leave the port area -- until the weather had other ideas). Other than that it stayed folded in the corner of the cabin. I'm glad we had it as it was helpful when we used it and I was glad we didn't take anything bigger. It never got in the way, but we had it available if needed.

Depends on where you're going to go. When we a trip that has many port stops with lots of walking we bring the small stroller. On quick weekend trips to nassau not so much as we might go that far. I think of it this way I bring it if we are gong to go farther than I want to carry back. Also sometimes as you mentioned it helps to keep them inline when needed (like check points, etc)

I'm thinking we'll bring it just to have it... It's a short cruise -3 day, 2 stops, one in Nassau one Coco Cay so really the only place I can see using it is in Nassau and maybe getting on and off the boat BUT since he hates the stroller, I'm just wondering if I should leave it at home.

We have an umbrella stroller that he doesn't like (we don't care much for it either) it's a "Nicer" one but maybe just a cheapie from Target would make sense to have. I am still unsure.

Definitely bring an umbrella stroller for a two year old. When in port- a stroller is handy for them and for items that you can hang from the handles. When said child isn't in it- chances are he will be happy to push it and you can put your purse and/ or beach bag in it. I used our umbrella stroller until the rubber tires fell off. I can't imagine not bringing one. They work great in the evening if you want to take a nighttime stroll on the deck and kids will nap in them by the pool, under a tree at the beach etc. Makes life easy.

Definitely bring an umbrella stroller for a two year old. When in port- a stroller is handy for them and for items that you can hang from the handles. When said child isn't in it- chances are he will be happy to push it and you can put your purse and/ or beach bag in it. I used our umbrella stroller until the rubber tires fell off. I can't imagine not bringing one. They work great in the evening if you want to take a nighttime stroll on the deck and kids will nap in them by the pool, under a tree at the beach etc. Makes life easy.

Be careful with doing that. It's a crime of opportunity waiting to happen.

OP- You could get him a backpack with an attached leash.

Here's a whole bunch from Target.

http://www.target.com/s/Baby+Harness?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google&CPNG=baby_infant+travel+acc&adgroup=baby+harness&LNM=+backpack%20+leash&MT=broad&LID=9p7818139&KID=2d9eda01-182c-3b09-234f-00003422dbdc&gclid=COLr-aDFzb0CFVKIfgod9SsAaQ

Thank you all. I went ahead and ordered one of the cheap cosco umbrella strollers with a canopy off of amazon prime last night.

I do have an umbrella already but it's like 13lbs and we've never been a fan of it. (What a waste of $200!) so I will bring the cosco one. It's half the weight.

My kid is not a stroller kid and I'd be shocked if he slept in it but you never know.

We always take our monster of a stroller (City Select) to Disney b/c it's more comfortable for him and it's easier to push, has a nice big basket and we love it... Even that one he fights us about getting in but he'll sit in it if we force it and he's tired enough.

I'm thinking my son may not even nap on this trip. I mean, in theory he should be SO tired from the days activities but IDK. He usually naps at 2 at home (but skips many days) so maybe by 3 he'll be tuckered out and sleep. Wishful thinking perhaps but we'll just go with the flow and see.