Just off the Marine 4/4

Well, first I have to say this was one of the most fun I have had a on a cruise. Apparently I have been on too many because I ran into crew from various ships that remembered us, it surely helped with our Seapass card, we tipped them on the side and they took care of us for the whole trip. I dont want to mention which bar because I dont want to get anyone in trouble, but just remember if you are good to the staff they are good to you, even our bar waiter in the dining room was good to us.

As for the boat being rocky thing, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, it is. Now contrary to everything I have read on this board, when I say rocky, I just mean there was always some movement felt on the ship, not necessarily rough, but there was not a time when any of us could not feel the boat moving, even when you were in bed. That is not too say it would stop me from going again because I am already looking at another sailing date for this ship.

While I do feel that Carnivals food is better, it is everything else royal does that matters to me. The boat was wonderful, the cruise director lots of fun, as well as the staff, room service was very slow, but the dining room staff were great.

We got there around 11:30 and were in our cabins and halfway unpacked by 12:00, but we had friends who had a later flight coming in at 11:45 and they did not get finished and on board until 3:00, so I guess it depends on what time you get there for how quick it is to embark.

As for the guy on the previous week who said the spring breakers were horrible, we had on incidents at all, in fact they were kind of funny, especially that the karoke, but for the most part we did not notice any kind of problems, we asked the staff if they knew anything and they told us about the incidents last week with those families being put off and how bad the kids were, but this week was fine.

We only went to a couple of shows, which we thought were good, our boat ended up in San Juan from 800 am to 1000 pm, but there was not too much to do there so we stayed on the boat.

We went to Johnny rockets once and used my coupon, apparently the charge doesnt mean anything because the line to get in was LONG!! We happen to get there right before the line got big and only waited for about 10 minutes, after that there was a 20 -25 minute wait.

If anyone has any questions let me know, but for myself and the other 6 people with me, we loved it and are planning on going back to this ship.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Enchantment of the Seas 9/03

Explorer of the Seas 7/03

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;03;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Steve, we booked through Southwest, and today we were absolutely sure we did the right thing. They have a direct flight into Orlando that arrives at 11:00, and we had originally booked the return flight leaving at 11:30, but when we got to the airport they had seats available on the 10:15 direct flight also so we changed. Southwest does not charge you to do this so it worked out perfect, and we were here in albany by 1:00. They were disembarking by 7:30 am, that was my third RCCL cruise and we have always gotten off early, it was about a 40 minute drive to the airport. We got off around 8:30 and were checked in for our flights by 9:30.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;03;28;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks Janet for the great review. We are on the Mariner a week from today. 4/11!

Did you spend much time on the pool deck? How was the lounge chair situation, was it easy to find one? Do you know if you were at capacity passengers for your sailing?

What about food around the pool. Where would be the closest place to get a snack for the kids?

The windjammer is on the same deck as the pool so you could always get someting for them there, and johnny rockets was only one flight up. As for the chair situation, like I said before there were 7 of us, and we never had trouble finding chairs together, so it couldnt be that bad, and we never went out early in the morning, we usually didnt get up on deck until 1000 or so. They said our ship was full and they said the next sailing was also. You will definitely have a good time on this ship!

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

Scout- 3,500 and some change. FULL FULL

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Sovereign Of The Seas 5-6-01

Triumph 9-1-01

Explorer Of The Seas 8-31-2002

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Mariner Of The Seas 11-16-2003 (Innagural Cruise)

Carnival Fantasy 1-29-2004

Mariner Of The Seas 3-28-2004

community.webshots.com/user/skyking518

Wish I was going back with you, we are trying to pick a week in september to go back again.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

Janet, we were on the 5th sailing of this ship and are returning in 2 weeks! There just wasn't enough time to do everything in a week!

I bet I get off and book another still!!!

used to live in Lake Placid!

Got smart and moved to Florida!

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;04;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have a sister who lives down in Islamorada, so I go there quite often, I love the keys almost as much as I loving cruising. Must be something about this boat the keeps everyone coming back.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

Being that the Mariner seems to be "rockier" than most ships, would you say that you definitely need to take Bonine daily to keep from feeling queasy? I've only sailed w/ Disney and we had the usual occassional rockiness but nothing constant. Why is such a big ship rocking so much..I thought it was supposed to be the opposite.??

Mariner of the Seas was rocking? I thought that was me, being tipsy icon_smile.gif I just got off the Mariner of the Seas (4/4/04), didn't feel any rocking or rolling, or it might be very insignificant.

Take Bonine and you will be fine. Happy sailing. icon_cool.gif

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

Here's a tip for avoiding motion sickness with minimal drowsiness: Take a Bonine tablet each night at bedtime. Since the tablets last 24 hours, you're covered for the following day, and you'll spend the next 8 hours or so asleep so any drowsiness will only come in handy. We did this on Rhapsody last year with no probs whatsoever.

Safe travels,

cfurry

I was wearing the patch so it didnt bother me, but like I said there was 7 of us and we all felt the movement, nothing that bad though.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

On our 3/7 Mariner I felt it was one of the smoothest we've been on. Sure the front rocked a bit during the shows or if you slept up there but in our mid aft cabin inside we felt no movement during our week there. Walking around was never a problem. Just like sometimes GC is too rough to tender I feel you can get one week that is rougher than another week and the ship will react different. But our week to me was smooth not rocky. Don't blame the ship, blame mother nature and the wide open seas.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail on the Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail the ms Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

There were many times we were sitting on our balcony and the waters were smooth and you could still feel it, but I really want everyone to understand it wasnt something that bad, but you could feel the boat gently rocking back and forth all the time, I was on the explorer last year during Hurricane Claudette and didnt feel that much motion so I do have something to compare it to.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

Kruz,

We are long time Lake Placid fans. What a culture shock for you in FL now. We have been going there for 25 years. My Dad was rehabilitated at the Lake Placid Club during World War II. Beautiful town, but one of the coldest places on earth!!

Royal Majesty '89,'90'91

Nordic Empress '95

Galaxy'98

Century '99

Majesty of the Seas '01

Constellation ''03

Mariner of the Seas '04

Janet,

Why did you go to San Juan instead of St. Maarten?

ConnieKDWitchTransp.gif

Viking Serenade 7/91

Enchantment of the Seas (2 Back to Back Cruises) 9/02

Voyager of the Seas 11/03

Brilliance of the Seas 11/03

Mariner of the Seas 5/04

Hey Connie!

San Juan was actually a scheduled stop for last week. I read somewhere that when the itinerary became available, there were already too many ships booked in St Martin.

See you in a few weeks!

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

Yes...Sharron....Lake Placid is beautiful...but looking at snow capped mountains most of the year got REAL old!

I love the people that live there and will go back and visit forever...but now that we've been in FL for 2 years you could NEVER drag me back! Love the weather down here...and even now it's slightly cool???

Song of America 1996 spring

Song of America 1996 fall

Song of America 1997

Song of America 1998

Soveriegn of the Seas 1998

Monarch of the Seas 2001

Zandaam 2002

Mariner of the Seas 12/14/2003

Mariner of the Seas in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;04;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

janet....if you had to choose btw the Explorer and the Mariner which would you pick? we are trying to book for Jan 05 and are deciding btw mariner, navigator, explorer and voyager....

thanks,

Kenzi

Picking one is like picking the other, the ships are almost exactly the same, the only reason we are looking to go back on the Mariner is we talked to the staff and know they will be there when we go back in September otherwise I would go on the explorer again without hesitating.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Carnival Triumph 2/03

Imagination 7/02

Jubilee 4/02

Sensation 2/98

Carnivale 10/91

Archived