Parking in Mobile--just a tip!

sanermae

We just got back from the Holiday today--had a great time! I will post a review at a later date. But I made a mental note to advise all Holiday cruisers who plan to park for the week in the deck--bring exact cash for the week ($75 for 7 days)--as they will not make change. Or you can pay with a debit or credit card. We were a bit perplexed as to why disembarkation took so long, but discovered the reason to be that the porters assist you from beginning to end---meaning they will take you through customs and then ride the elevator with you to your vehicle and load you up. I found this to be a very nice service. Our porter received a few extra bucks for his help, as this was above and beyond the usual disembarkation assistance.

We just got back from the Holiday today--had a great time! I will post a review at a later date. But I made a mental note to advise all Holiday cruisers who plan to park for the week in the deck--bring exact cash for the week ($75 for 7 days)--as they will not make change. Or you can pay with a debit or credit card. We were a bit perplexed as to why disembarkation took so long, but discovered the reason to be that the porters assist you from beginning to end---meaning they will take you through customs and then ride the elevator with you to your vehicle and load you up. I found this to be a very nice service. Our porter received a few extra bucks for his help, as this was above and beyond the usual disembarkation assistance.

I was a little confused at first, but see that you have two separate things here. Parking is paid upfront, didn't know about the exact change issue though. Nice to know.

Mobile is so wonderful. It is easy, the people pleasant, and the service cannot be beat.

I see I made a mistake in saying $75 was for 7 days, when it is actually for 5. But other than that, how did I confuse you Ala-Kat?

Thats a bargain!

In NYC its about $300 for 7-8 days!:eek:

I see I made a mistake in saying $75 was for 7 days, when it is actually for 5. But other than that, how did I confuse you Ala-Kat?

It's just me. Parking (at the beginning) and then debarkation (at the end :mad: )- two different things. Good info though.

Holy moly, how do ya'll afford to live there??:eek:

I have often wondered about that myself. By the way, did you read the thread where KY Transplant has offered to take you and I on a cruise on the Holiday? Yeah, he really did; I think, lol.

I have often wondered about that myself. By the way, did you read the thread where KY Transplant has offered to take you and I on a cruise on the Holiday? Yeah, he really did; I think, lol.

yes, I saw that!! You, I'd cruise with, him, not so sure. Would he be picking up the whole tab?? OK, maybe. Not sure how we got singled out though...:rolleyes:

Hi, I have a trip out of Mobile on May 24th. We will be three ladies traveling together. Grandmother does not do long walks well. Want to drop the daughter and Grandmother at the door with luggage then park in the garage. Is that possible? Also, what time would I need to get there to get a parking space in the Garage.

Do not want to park across the street in a field again, been there done that. The cruise ship was six hours late on arrival and we had to pull luggage from the field across the street after we did a bit of pre-registration standing in the sun. It was not pretty, mass confusion.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, I have a trip out of Mobile on May 24th. We will be three ladies traveling together. Grandmother does not do long walks well. Want to drop the daughter and Grandmother at the door with luggage then park in the garage. Is that possible? Also, what time would I need to get there to get a parking space in the Garage.

Do not want to park across the street in a field again, been there done that. The cruise ship was six hours late on arrival and we had to pull luggage from the field across the street after we did a bit of pre-registration standing in the sun. It was not pretty, mass confusion.

Thanks for any assistance.

Yes, you can pull right up to the door on the 1st floor of the parking garage and drop of your daughter, grandmother, and the bags and then park the car. I don't know what time you should get there...I always get there about 3 hours before departure and never had a problem with parking in the garage. I suspect the last time you had so much trouble because the disembarking passengers hadn't had time to get out of the garage before the embarking passengers arrived. The parking garage should be large enough to hold all passenger's vehicles. Generally, the only people who park under the overpass are those who don't want to pay the parking fee to park in the garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived