Anyone cancel due to the swine flu?

CRUISING71

I am cruising to Cozumel on June 4th. At this point, we are just taking a wait and see approach to the situation. I guess if it gets unsafe to travel to Cozumel, the CDC will inform us not to do so.

The situation is a bit of a concern to us, but like I said, we will just take it one day at a time. I have until May 5th to cancel and I would just lose my deposit. So, I am hoping that by that date we will have a better idea of just how widespread this flu is going to be.

Happy & Healthy Sailing to All!

Was that really necessary? You could have just passed on by this thread as if it didn't exist.

The answer is no I did not. I leave next Saturday with two stops in Mexico.....:p:p

And you answered the "OP's" question ....how ??????

By the way...you could of passed it by too.......Have a nice day......;)

Remember folks......we are not supposed to kick the bucket until December 21, 2012 according to the Mayans.....:cool:

Speaking of Mayans....I'll be in Costa Maya and Cozumel next week! I ain't Skeered!!!!!!

We are cruising in August...at this point I am waiting to see what will happen too. We are traveling with two small children...so that is why I am concern.

For some...you can be all sarcasm if you want..but when it hits home and one of your family member are infected...it might not be so funny.

The answer is no I did not. I leave next Saturday with two stops in Mexico.....:p:p

And you answered the "OP's" question ....how ??????

By the way...you could of passed it by too.......Have a nice day......;)

Well be careful and stay safe and most of all enjoy your Cruise. :)

We are cruising in August...at this point I am waiting to see what will happen too. We are traveling with two small children...so that is why I am concern.

For some...you can be all sarcasm if you want..but when it hits home and one of your family member are infected...it might not be so funny.

Well have you finished all your Spam and bottled watter from Y2K?:rolleyes:

Yea the "Media" told us to stock up on that and panic as well!

Its a flu....there have been many and there will be more. The media lives for these things. It's called sensationalism......If it bleads it leads....etc.

I agree,slow news days.Have any of yall read the Stand,by Steven King?

Its is a great story about a pandemic 99.099% mortality rate.So, if anyone is left in New York City,make sure you have an alternate route besides the tunnel....just sayin

The sky is falling....the sky is falling...!!!!!

Mom are you causing trouble again? LOL How ya doin? ok?

The thought is in my mind about going to Cozumel next month on Destiny.

I will not cancel my cruise. I do hope that if it serious enough the CDC will tell me before I get there and find out first hand. :eek:

I know the trouble spot is Mexico city but sick people do have a habit of wanting to travel no matter what.

Maybe nice detour to St Thomas.....:D

No i have not and will not cancel.. Have any of you read up on this yet? The outbreak is in Mexico City and its mostly infecting people who are in direct contact with pigs... Unless they say that we cannot cruise then i will be there just do what you do on a normal basis make sure you wash your hands and take your vitamins.... (Its on MSN today)

Mom are you causing trouble again? LOL How ya doin? ok?

The thought is in my mind about going to Cozumel next month on Destiny.

I will not cancel my cruise. I do hope that if it serious enough the CDC will tell me before I get there and find out first hand. :eek:

Maybe nice detour to St Thomas.....:D

Me cause trouble...never Ronda.....:D

Will be doin better on Saturday when boarding a ship heading out. Three of my fave ports. Costa Maya, Coz and Belize...I love it......

Me cause trouble...never Ronda.....:D

Will be doin better on Saturday when boarding a ship heading out. Three of my fave ports. Costa Maya, Coz and Belize...I love it......

And I think you can even buy cheap Tamiflu there. ;) :D

I must admit, I did get a chuckle, Ok a right out laugh from some of the answers to OP question. I am glad this question was ask, I was going to post the same question. Why one may ask, I place value in fellow travelers opinion and try to learn from their experiences.

My answer to the OP question is We are booked on 4 day cruise to sail shortly. I have decided to enjoy the cruise, Just not going to get off the ship. Yes, I am aware that one can get sick on ship.

2nd part of the question, if someone does cancel their cruise due to the swine flu. Will the cruise line return the money paid. I am guessing the answer is no, that the Canceling policy is the same for whatever reason some one would cancel their cruise. That one would have to have Travel insurance. I am not sure if travel insurnace would cover swine flu and return your cruise fare.

For those who have sailed to Mexico since the news of the swine flu outbreak, Has the cruise lines been doing anything different or giving out info on Swine flu ?

Archived