Cruiselines with "shared cabin" Policy

Cruisedreamer1

I have been told that there are cruise lines that will allow a passenger to sign up for a cabin at the double occupacy rate and they will find a same sex, non smoker passenger to room with. If they cannot then the passengers stays in the cabin alone at the reduced rate.

Please tell me the names of the cruiselines, at which cabin catagory one must book and if they ever succeeded in having the cabin alone? The general experience?

Thanks.

I have been told that there are cruise lines that will allow a passenger to sign up for a cabin at the double occupacy rate and they will find a same sex, non smoker passenger to room with. If they cannot then the passengers stays in the cabin alone at the reduced rate.

Please tell me the names of the cruiselines, at which cabin catagory one must book and if they ever succeeded in having the cabin alone? The general experience?

Thanks.

I have signed up for single-share with Holland America four times - twice tghey did not match me, so I got the cabin to myself with no single-supplement. Twice I was matched - with a compatible man my own age . One time my cabin-mate "connected" with a woman passenger the second night - moved out and gave me tghe next eight days with my own cabin. The fourth time things worked out well --we discussed up front how to share, and there was no conflct. It is important to set out mutually agreed-upon guidelines to avoid unpleasant surprises and friction. a great way to save money - but still your own cabin is preferable -- unless you are sailing with a good friend whose travel habits are known.

... if they ever succeeded in having the cabin alone? The general experience?...

I found an "oldie" thread on the Solo Cruisers Forum that may help you titled Room Share Program.

Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=761130

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

• 1 month later...

My understanding was that most, if not all of the cruise lines had abandoned their single share programs because of both the legal liabilities and the expense of dealing with complaints, unhappy pairings, etc.

Am I wrong? I sure can't find mention of single share programs on any of the lines websites.

My understanding was that most, if not all of the cruise lines had abandoned their single share programs because of both the legal liabilities and the expense of dealing with complaints, unhappy pairings, etc.

Am I wrong? I sure can't find mention of single share programs on any of the lines websites.

The cruiselines may have given it up ;)

but there are several other agencies that have singles cruises ,

where you do have that option through them to match you up with a cabin mate.

I am doing that in May 2009 with a singles cruise

It will be my first

and I am so excited about it :D

As previously mentioned HAL does it

http://book.hollandamerica.com/onboard/single.do

The Carnival stopped doing it, more so due to lack of interest. They were giving away too many balcony cabins to single men.

As previously mentioned HAL does it

http://book.hollandamerica.com/onboard/single.do

The Carnival stopped doing it, more so due to lack of interest. They were giving away too many balcony cabins to single men.

As a single man, I'm all in favor of being given a balcony cabin!

Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately, if you click on "Find Cruises" link on that page, it bombs out. So, while they may still do it, it's not available via the website (presently).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I am sailing on the Carnival Valor on 22 Feb. I enjoy being on my own but it is always nice to have someone with whom to go to the Captain's reception.

I meet people easily so I suspect I will meet some wonderful people, single or married.

I like to dance and decided long ago that I would get up and dance alone or sit and wait for the imaginary dance partner to appear. It may look a bit odd, but at the end of the day I will be glad that I did what i enjoyed. Other people will not remember me in a day or a week...I will remember what I did for a lifetime!

Sailing Solo,

Cynthia

Archived