Transportation on Grand Turk

AACJ

Any one have any suggestions for a jeep or scooter or car (in that preferential order) rental in Grand Turk while my wife and I are there in November? We were there a few years ago with our kids and took a taxi to the North part of the Island and had a great time snorkeling and hanging out on the deserted beach. When we wanted to go back, we just walked about 100 yards to the beach bar, called a taxi to get back to the ship and enjoyed a few beverages at the bar while we waited.

Since we are sans kids this time, we wanted to do a bit more exploring of the island, still doing some snorkeling in some of the remote beaches and such, but we want to rent a jeep or a scooter or a car (in that order) to go about at our own leisure. Any suggestions? I have heard about Nathans, but his reviews are sketchy at best.

Thanks

Art

Any one have any suggestions for a jeep or scooter or car (in that preferential order) rental in Grand Turk while my wife and I are there in November? We were there a few years ago with our kids and took a taxi to the North part of the Island and had a great time snorkeling and hanging out on the deserted beach. When we wanted to go back, we just walked about 100 yards to the beach bar, called a taxi to get back to the ship and enjoyed a few beverages at the bar while we waited.

Since we are sans kids this time, we wanted to do a bit more exploring of the island, still doing some snorkeling in some of the remote beaches and such, but we want to rent a jeep or a scooter or a car (in that order) to go about at our own leisure. Any suggestions? I have heard about Nathans, but his reviews are sketchy at best.

Thanks

Art

I reserved scooters with Tony for my visit in November. I'd love to come back and tell you my experience but it looks like you're leaving on the day I'm returning.

So far I've found Tony very responsive. I have been able to reserve our scooters without any money down. We love the idea of exploring the island on our own and stopping where we want. We have 4 scooters reserved. I'm so looking forward to our visit to Grand Turks and the scooters.

That is good to know. I forgot to include golf carts, if they are even available for rent. We are really just looking for something inexpensive to get around the island on, so we don't have to wait for a taxi to pick us up and cart us somewhere else, only to wait for another taxi to do it again. We have a few places we want to check out but also don't want to spend our time and money. Ideally, if we could rent something, we could go at our own pace.

Thanks for the replies so far.

• 1 month later...
That is good to know. I forgot to include golf carts, if they are even available for rent. We are really just looking for something inexpensive to get around the island on, so we don't have to wait for a taxi to pick us up and cart us somewhere else, only to wait for another taxi to do it again. We have a few places we want to check out but also don't want to spend our time and money. Ideally, if we could rent something, we could go at our own pace.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk:

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

We ended up renting a car from a vendor INSIDE the gates. I don't recall his name but he was very helpful, gave us a map with all the highlights and where to turn to get where we wanted to go. It was only $65.00 for the remainder of the day, he said it originally was $85.00 but it was late and he just wanted to get the cars rented, I think we were only 1 of 2 cars he rented all day.

He asked us to throw about 7 to 10 dollars of gas in the tank which lasted all day. Gas is very expensive there, I think it was 6.50 a gallon, so the tank only took just over 1 gallon, and there was plenty left for a few more hours of driving.

We ended up going to Bohio Beach, the light house, Governors Beach, and Jacks Shack. I didn't realize Jacks had such a younger crowd or we probably would have spent more time at another location. Just to get from the cruise terminal via taxi to Bohio Beach would have cost $18.00 plus tip, same to get back to the terminal. I figure doing all the other things we did, we saved quite a bit as each trip would have been a taxi ride.

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk:

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. There are ATV rentals available,too. but we prefer golf carts. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...