Anyone going through LA Weight Loss program?

jmk22574

Hi everyone.....I love this message board (just found it about a week ago) and especially this topic. My husband and I just booked our first cruise for May 5, 2007, to Alaska - can't wait! I was wondering if anyone is going through the LA Weight Loss program currently? If so, how is anyone doing on the plan? Thanks in advance to any/all responses. ;)

I tried it a few years ago. The actual plan itself isn't all that different from WW or any other plan in that it tells you exactly how much to eat for the day and then you're done. WW is a bit more flexible in that you get to choose whether you want a starch or a fruit or whatever.

My experience with them was very bad BUT it was completely because of the local office staff. The actual women who worked the office were very nice and wanted to be helpful but they had a regional manager who was just plain nasty. I was there on many occasions when she'd come in and start screaming at her people in front of customers because they didn't make a sales quota. As a result the turnover was so high that it was impossible to get a good working relationship going with anyone.

If you want one on one counseling and don't mind having to weigh in 3 times a week then you can be successful with it. I'd definitely ask about their counselor turnover rate before signing. It's expensive and you don't want to find out that they have new people every few weeks. Also be aware that they have products to sell and quotas. Some of their things used to contain ephedra.

Tami

There's another thread going on this already. I mentioned before that the only helpful was that it teaches you how to eat portion sizes and be mindful of fats, calories, etc. which is something you probalby already know. The whole concept is based on behavior modification. I also did not like that they don't give you the "guarrantee" unless you use their prodcuts (i.e. bars). The staff make commissions off that too so I found there to be alot of presure to buy their products. It does help some, but my own opinion is that you can measure porition sizes at homes, buy two balance bars at the grocery store to replace their bars, and do the same thing. I think this program probalby works better for those who are compulsive eaters and have zero self discipline.

I lost11 lbs on it but I didn't need to lose more than 15 so for me it was successful. I found in the long run I kept my weight off by eating what I wanted daily but just using the correct portion sizes. I've mentioned it on the boards here before that for me the key is asking myself WHY I need to eat 12 cookies instead of a portion size of 3. But then again, I'm a psychologist so I tend to look at more of the behavioral aspects of why I do things!!

If you are someone who has zero self discipline and want to spend the money on the program, then it might work for you. Menina

Hi everyone.....I love this message board (just found it about a week ago) and especially this topic. My husband and I just booked our first cruise for May 5, 2007, to Alaska - can't wait! I was wondering if anyone is going through the LA Weight Loss program currently? If so, how is anyone doing on the plan? Thanks in advance to any/all responses. ;)

I'm currently on the plan, but opt not to use there products as did my neighbor. We are doing fine, I have about 75 lbs more to get off. I have been on the program for about 6 wks, so far down about 8 lbs. I like the fact that you don't have to eat differently from the rest of the family and the receipes in the cookbook are great. It is not for everyone, but after all I have tried it seems to be the best for me.

Archived