Bayport Parking-Credit Card Compromise

reney313

I thought I would mention it here in case there was a trend. I had pre-purchased parking online for our upcoming cruise out of Bayport. I figured why not save the $5 bucks.

I made the payment with my cc online Sunday.

This morning I checked recent activity and noticed a charge to Kohls.com last night.

I called Kohl's and received an order #. When looking at the order online, the shipping address was to another name and address that is not mine -- and about 600 miles away. However, my name, full address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date were all entered in the billing information field. Fortunately, Kohl's had already cancelled/rejected the order due to the shipping/billing mismatch and potential fraud transaction. While the authorization is on my credit card, it will not be billed.

This is a new card and I have not used it for other online purchases. It would be difficult for other swipe charges to have my address/phone information, which I had to enter in the online form for the parking charge on Sunday. Of course, it could be a different breach, but this one seems to be the most likely in my mind.

Anyway, just wanted to issue a general warning if you have recently pre-purchased parking at Bayport or were planning on purchasing. I have not called them yet, I am trying to decide if it is better to do that now or wait until we pick up the car when we return. After all, I don't want anything to happen to my car :eek:

Edited by reney313

I thought I would mention it here in case there was a trend. I had pre-purchased parking online for our upcoming cruise out of Bayport. I figured why not save the $5 bucks.

I made the payment with my cc online Sunday.

This morning I checked recent activity and noticed a charge to Kohls.com last night.

I called Kohl's and received an order #. When looking at the order online, the shipping address was to another name and address that is not mine -- and about 600 miles away. However, my name, full address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date were all entered in the billing information field. Fortunately, Kohl's had already cancelled/rejected the order due to the shipping/billing mismatch and potential fraud transaction. While the authorization is on my credit card, it will not be billed.

This is a new card and I have not used it for other online purchases. It would be difficult for other swipe charges to have my address/phone information, which I had to enter in the online form for the parking charge on Sunday. Of course, it could be a different breach, but this one seems to be the most likely in my mind.

Anyway, just wanted to issue a general warning if you have recently pre-purchased parking at Bayport or were planning on purchasing. I have not called them yet, I am trying to decide if it is better to do that now or wait until we pick up the car when we return. After all, I don't want anything to happen to my car :eek:

Since you know there is a security breach on your CC, I hope you have already notified your CC company? That card needs to be shut down and notifying the CC company limits your liability. I had a similar issue last year and was able to limit my exposure. Calling Kohls is good, but your CC company needs to know also. In my case, when the first hit appeared on my CC, there were about 20 others within 24 hours from all around the U.S.!!

Since you know there is a security breach on your CC, I hope you have already notified your CC company? That card needs to be shut down and notifying the CC company limits your liability. I had a similar issue last year and was able to limit my exposure. Calling Kohls is good, but your CC company needs to know also. In my case, when the first hit appeared on my CC, there were about 20 others within 24 hours from all around the U.S.!!

Oh yes, thank you. That was the first call I made. (I work for a very large credit card company myself). I had a new number reissued and my new card/# was in my hand yesterday. It just seemed the timing was correct with the parking garage, however there are a few other options. All is good on the CC front though. I was curious to hear if anyone else had any compromises from the parking garage, although I have not heard of any.

• 2 weeks later...
Were you able to figure out if it was a breach from Bayport Parking?

(We moved two years ago from Ozark to Texas...I miss it there!)

No confirmation but after hearing other stories of folks being compromised after inputting their number in the Princess online personalizer, I'm leaning more toward that option. Good news is there was only one attempt, and no future attempts.

No confirmation but after hearing other stories of folks being compromised after inputting their number in the Princess online personalizer, I'm leaning more toward that option. Good news is there was only one attempt, and no future attempts.

I been inputting CC into Princess personalizer for years without any issues. Not saying it cannot happen. Perhaps some people have computer bugs that read all key strokes; hence, getting credit card information compromised.

Once will be surprised as to how vulnerable pc can be if they are not updated with the latest security updates, both for anti-virus and operating systems. Also, a good firewall will do wonders for security.