LeChampagne

LauraBK

I was just reading the Silversea website and it said this about LeChampagne:

When dining in the Wine Restaurant, a cover charge of USD$30 per guest (USD$25 under 18 years) will be charged to your shipboard account for Gourmet Dining. Wine selections from the Connoisseur’s List range from USD$50 upwards, and will be charged to your account. Silversea’s complimentary selection of wines is not offered in the Wine Restaurant. For the Dégustation Dining option, a USD$200 per guest fee includes the USD$50 cover charge, a set selection of five premium wines served by the glass and a select after-dinner drink.

Does this mean that I can eat in this restaurant, but must order wine from the connoisseur's list? We are not wine drinkers, but would like to try the restaurant without having to order expensive wine.

Has anyone done this before? How does it work?

Thanks!

I was just reading the Silversea website and it said this about LeChampagne:

When dining in the Wine Restaurant, a cover charge of USD$30 per guest (USD$25 under 18 years) will be charged to your shipboard account for Gourmet Dining. Wine selections from the Connoisseur’s List range from USD$50 upwards, and will be charged to your account. Silversea’s complimentary selection of wines is not offered in the Wine Restaurant. For the Dégustation Dining option, a USD$200 per guest fee includes the USD$50 cover charge, a set selection of five premium wines served by the glass and a select after-dinner drink.

Does this mean that I can eat in this restaurant, but must order wine from the connoisseur's list? We are not wine drinkers, but would like to try the restaurant without having to order expensive wine.

Has anyone done this before? How does it work? Thanks!

Hi LauraBK

I have read on these boards that u pay $30 each if u r not wine drinkers. I'm sure someone who has experience, will chime in here.:)

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

U can enjoy Le Champagne w/out the wine pairings (ie degustation menu)

for $30 pp...it is a wonderful change of pace from the Restuarant.

It sounds like it is, but it would be better if they included the standard wines with the meal, since the cruise line is otherwise "all inclusive" with alcohol.

May one have a sherry or cocktail at the table while awaiting one's meal at Le Champagne without incurring a further charge? A port or liqueur afterwards?

U can enjoy Le Champagne w/out the wine pairings (ie degustation menu)

for $30 pp...it is a wonderful change of pace from the Restuarant.

It sounds like it is, but it would be better if they included the standard wines with the meal, since the cruise line is otherwise "all inclusive" with alcohol.

May one have a sherry or cocktail at the table while awaiting one's meal at Le Champagne without incurring a further charge? A port or liqueur afterwards at the table?

We wrote Silversea directly regarding this issue and there response is below. We were hoping to be able to enjoy the complimentary wines too....

Thank you for your e-mail! The complimentary wines are offered in the Seishin restaurant but not in the La Champagne restaurant-there the wines can be purchased from the connoisseur's list with pricing starting at $90 and up.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

We wrote Silversea directly regarding this issue and there response is below. We were hoping to be able to enjoy the complimentary wines too....

Thank you for your e-mail! The complimentary wines are offered in the Seishin restaurant but not in the La Champagne restaurant-there the wines can be purchased from the connoisseur's list with pricing starting at $90 and up.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

that was what I was worried about... I definitely dont want to pay for connoisseur's wine - when I dont really like wine to begin with.

Archived