Pre-Cruise Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

will773

I am looking into hotels before a cruise. Based on some of your past experiences, which hotels would be good to stay at. I am looking for hotels that preferably offer a complementary shuttle to the airport/Port Everglades. Also, I know that some hotels will even pick you up after the cruise and take you back to the airport. Which hotels do this? Are there any hotels that are close enough to the port that we could watch ships leave the day before that also provide these amenities?

Thanks for information in advance!

I just got off Allure of the Seas two weeks ago. We stayed at the Marriott Beach Resort. I could see the ships come into port and out of port from my balcony. Oasis leaves around 5:30pm on Sat and Allure at 5:20 on Sunday. Marriott does not provide shuttle; however my wife and I took a taxi to port; we had taxi driver stop at Walgreens, which is on the corner of the port entrance, and he waited about five minutes for my wife to run in and buy some stuff for the ship. Our total fare was $9.00. Marriott is about mile and half from cruise ship. We paid $15 for taxi from airport to hotel. Here is a list of hotels close to the port. Hilton is across the street from the cruise port entrance. I assume any hotel room would have excellent views of the ships. Embassy Suites also has views of ships coming into port. My friend stayed at LaQuinta. They have free shuttles from airport to hotel and charge $9.00 roundtrip perpeson to the port. My friend stayed one night pre and one night post cruise at La Quinta.

Before my last cruise in November I stayed at the Mariott Spring Hill Suites in Dania Beach. Its really close to the airport & the port. They have a shuttle to the port everyday. The hotel was nice and had a pretty good free breakfast.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flldb-springhill-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

We booked Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Dania Beach for $50 through Priceline. It was very nice, with kitchen and sitting area. They have a complemenatry shuttle for airport and transportation within a (I think) 4 mile radius of the hotel. We used them for a quick trip to kmart and for dinner we went to Ismarelda's (sp??) a really neat seafood restaurant located at the Bass Pro Outdoor world. They asked us if we needed a ride to the port but we were sailing out of POM so made other arrangements. I don't know if there was a charge for transport to the port in FLL. On weekedays they have complimenatry snacks and drinks in the afternoon. They also have a complimentary breakfast every morning which was very nice. I think we really got our money's worth and then some. ( It is right across the street from Hyatt place)

Hello,

I booked the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel from the many positive reviews from others in the forum! Plus the $99 a night tag is worth it as we will be out and about while in FLL before our cruise, good luck!

Your hotel is in a great location. You will like it.

We stayed at the E.S. pre cruise mid January. I have stayed at E.S. at different locations. The rooms were clean. We asked for a view of the "ships" coming/leaving port and were declined. We arrived 2 days prior to our cruise. They were experiencing some cold weather - rooms were very chilly. On the 2nd night they passed out portable heaters. The power outlets kept blowing in our room - therefore unable to dry hair, etc. I spoke to front desk a few times and finally after the 3rd time and letting them know fix it or move us - it got fixed. Friday morning when we were in the lobby around 7:30 am - there were empty beer bottles laying around. A few staff members walked by - never picked up while we were waiting. Front desk - 1 out of 4 staff members were nice. I will continue to staff at E.S. - but not in Ft. Lauderdale. I was very disappointed - we could of stayed somewhere else for less and nicer.

DJ127

When we went on the Oasis last June we stayed at the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. The do offer commplimentart shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. They just opened last year and it was a very nice hotel and didn't cost a lot. We are planning on staying there again in Dec when we sail on the Allure.

When we went on the Oasis last June we stayed at the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. The do offer commplimentart shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. They just opened last year and it was a very nice hotel and didn't cost a lot. We are planning on staying there again in Dec when we sail on the Allure.

We stayed here in November post cruise for 2 nights when we were unable to get space on flights to DFW. We were really pleased and surprised at how nice this hotel is. The rooms were great, the staff was very helpful and the food, although limited was delicious. For a one night hotel pre or post cruise I dont think you could find a better hotel.

it has free shuttle to the port. you sign up at the front desk. it leaves every 30 minutes starting usually at 10:30 in the morning. we paid 90 through priceline for a sunday night. it was a very nice room close to shopping and resturants and the publix.

edit at 8:05 pm--the web site is now showing that starting april 1, 2011 there will be a $6 per person charge for transport to the port--drop off only now!!

We stayed here in November post cruise for 2 nights when we were unable to get space on flights to DFW. We were really pleased and surprised at how nice this hotel is. The rooms were great, the staff was very helpful and the food, although limited was delicious. For a one night hotel pre or post cruise I dont think you could find a better hotel.

OK, can either of you help me with what is within walking distance of the Cambria suites?? I know there is a shopping plaza not far, but didn't know if you could walk to it. We were thinking about staying at the Comfort Inn on stirling ave. but the reviews aren't the best. I know the shopping plaza is right behind that. Not sure if you could walk it from the Cambria??

How was your experience with the shuttle services? much wait time?

any other input would be great. Photos???

OK, can either of you help me with what is within walking distance of the Cambria suites?? I know there is a shopping plaza not far, but didn't know if you could walk to it. We were thinking about staying at the Comfort Inn on stirling ave. but the reviews aren't the best. I know the shopping plaza is right behind that. Not sure if you could walk it from the Cambria??

We stayed there 2 nights in November but did not get to the hotel until about 8pm each evening and left for the airport early in the am so really didnt see much of the area. The hotel was new and had only been open a few months. It is really nice with living room and bedroom suite and 2 flat screen tvs. The lobby area is like a living room with free pcs and several sofas and large screen tv. The food was great and they did have a breakfast buffet but not complimentary. The shuttle was very prompt after we called both evenings and when we checked in we signed up for the am shuttle back to the airport. They also have a shuttle to the cruise port. The hotel is on a small side street off of Stirling rd next to the Best Western. Some of the staff told us it was walking distance to restaurants but some said it was too far to walk especially at night so we never left the hotel. We have cruised out of FLL several times and also stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling rd a few years ago. We did not like it then and only stayed there after missing our flight. The Hampton Inn is right next door and looked much nicer. If you stay at the Cambria I know you will enjoy your stay.

thanks for the info. Still debating just booking something or trying our hand at priceline.

Like the idea of the free airport shuttle as we are doing a girls weekend cruise and have 5 of us coming in at different times at the airport. Would be nice if we didn't all have to pay for taxis.

I guess you could walk to Oakwood Plaza Mall, but it's not very pedestrian friendly trying to cross both the on-ramp and exit ramp of I-95.

I guess you could walk to Oakwood Plaza Mall, but it's not very pedestrian friendly trying to cross both the on-ramp and exit ramp of I-95.

Thats kinda what I thought also. Was trying to check it out on google maps and it doesn't look the best. Wondered if there was anything in the other direction.

Thats kinda what I thought also. Was trying to check it out on google maps and it doesn't look the best. Wondered if there was anything in the other direction.

I am not sure what was nearby Cambria as we were picked up from the airport and then dropped off. The hotel has a small sundry shop for little incsidentals. We didn't pick it for the closeness to shopping, we picked it cuz of price, shuttle service, and friendliness and we were not disappointed. Like I said we plan on staying there again in Dec when we go on the Allure.

Archived