New Orleans Hilton Riverside Review

tracyktn

We had a nice pre-cruise stay for 1 night. I loved the location right on the Mississippi River. The rooms were comfortable and modern and we had great view of the City. There was a shopping mall connected to the hotel which was fantastic and they have a Café Du Monde in the mall. The hotel is within walking distance of the French quarter and right by a streetcar stop. You do have to pay extra if you want wifi in your room. I did find it odd that the bell hop desk and lobby check in desk are on a different floor then the main entrance where you need to catch a taxi. That was another thing we were leaving on a cruise ship and the port is very close, maybe less than a mile. I didn’t want to walk because we had too much luggage so we got a taxi. The rate was a flat $14, what a racket to less than 1 mile! I would stay here again the location was great with lots to do close by.

Thank you for your review! DH and I will be staying here in less than 3 weeks and we were wondering about it. It's our first time in New Orleans and we can't wait! Were there any convenience stores nearby in case we forget something?

We were on NCL on Jan. 4 and stayed at the Hilton. We went out the hotel to the mall and to the food court. At the end of the food court you can see the ship and the elevator on the left. On the the elevator it says NCL and RCCl passengers only. Take it down and a porter is there to take your bags and terminal is across a sidewalk. Very easy also there are signs in the mall for the terminal.

My family just enjoyed a stay at the Hilton Riverside for two nights prior to our departure on Serenade. We walked from the hotel right though the mall which is connected to the hotel and walked to the food court area, went down an elevator from the mall and there we were right at the baggage drop off area. Never stepped outside until we reached the porter area. The Hilton is a very nice location if you are going to be going on a cruise.

Smitty

• 1 month later...
Does this hotel offer cruise parking?

I don't think so. When we stayed in Feb we parked at the Hilton for one night the did the $8 parking at the Fulton Garage. It's about a mile down the road with free transfers to the port.

Come back and let me know how it was. I won't be sailing until August 2016. :(

We loved the hotel. We have been to New Orleans three times. We have stayed at the Waldorf, Holiday Inn French Quarter and the Hilton.

It is the best family friendly of the three. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The Waldorf was incredible and right in the middle of everything by you pay for it. We will stay here on our next trip, kids or no kids.

• 3 weeks later...

We just stayed at the Hilton Riverside prior to the Serenade repo cruise and I agree with all the posters. The location is great, within walking distance of the French Quarter, Harrah's and the port. It took us 5 different elevators to get from our room to the port, but very easy, just follow the signs.

If you have a Harrah's reward card, check Harrah's web site, the Hilton Riverside is one of the hotels that is listed on Harrah's rewards. I am not a big gambler, manage to got to the Horseshoe or Harrah's maybe twice a year and have around a $200 budget for gambling. I booked the Hilton Riverside on the rewards web site - started out at $117 about 3 months before our cruise, by the time of the cruise, the room was comped. Just keep checking the price, then call and they will give you the lower price.