Purchase CHEERS on day 2 of 5 day?

kidstwo2

I am pretty sure Cheers is not allowed to be purchased on a day by day basis. You purchase it for the entire trip or not at all. So, if they still allow you to purchase it on Day 2, be prepared to pay the full price which means you would be paying for the first day even though you didn't use it. You may not feel like you are purchasing it on specific days but you are since you are saying I want days 2,3,4 and 5 but not Day 1.

Thanks for the input. I do realize you cannot purchase CHEERS for individual days but was wondering if you can purchase it on day 2 of a 5 day cruise for the remaining 4 days (and only pay for 4 days as the price is per day). I know on our recent 7 day out of Tampa on the Pride you could purchase CHEERS on day 2 for the remaining 6 days (and only pay the per day price for 6 days not 7) -however day 2 was the last day you could purchase it. I am specifically asking if that applies to 5 day cruises as well.

I am pretty sure Cheers is not allowed to be purchased on a day by day basis. You purchase it for the entire trip or not at all. So, if they still allow you to purchase it on Day 2, be prepared to pay the full price which means you would be paying for the first day even though you didn't use it. You may not feel like you are purchasing it on specific days but you are since you are saying I want days 2,3,4 and 5 but not Day 1.

this is wrong...

Na they prorate the first day if you don't get it till day 2

this is correct...

yes you can purchase it the second day. the total charge will be pro-rated based on days included.

not specifically inquired about, but in full disclosure, it MUST be done this way (2nd day) sailing from texas.

This is misinformation. You can buy the cheers program on the second day for the remaining days on the cruise. And no, you still won't have to pay for day 1.

From what I understand about the program since it was re-vamped in end of Nov/beginning of Dec'14 is that regardless if you buy it embarkation day or the next for all departure ports excluding TX you will pay the full amount of number of nights of the cruise. So buying it on day 2 will only cause Carnival to refund any included drink purchased the prior day while charging you the full program amount for that first night. With TX since alcohol sales are restricted on embarkation day they do not sell the program at all to include that first night, so for that port alone the program is pro-rated at # of nights cruising less 1.

Each person would need to know what their possible drinking habits could be to see if they would come out ahead or if they are better at paying by the glass or bottle. At the $49.95 + 15% auto-grat most classic cocktail drinkers & martini (@ $8.75 to $9.95 ea.) lovers need to order at around 5 or 6 of those a day to break even while those that drink beer (taking the bucket discount as an individual price, $4.45 to $5.25) need to have as many as 11 a day to come out ahead. Remember the program caps at 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hours, so for some there is no way to "make-up" for lost time away from the program while in port. For others that drink plenty of the unlimited soda or the 0 proof frozen concoctions during the day, switching to the adult beverage at night would not require as many alcohol drink purchases to find a break even point.

I was on Liberty for Jan 15 cruise, I bought on day 2 of an 8 day cruise and only paid for 7. They do let you do it. But only day 2. A lot of people don't have time for whatever reason to utilize it on day 1 on top of the Texas tax thing.