Fremantle Cruise Terminal to Perth City Centre

Just booked a Sun Princess "Southern Australia Explorer" cruise from Sydney to Fremantle

I would like to know how to get from Fremantle cruise terminal to Perth city centre - I would prefer to take a train :)

Which is the most convenient train station nearest to the cruise terminal in Fremantle for catching a train to Perth ?

I didnt book the Princess transfer as I would like a few days in Perth before flying home

Thanks all :)

Just booked a Sun Princess "Southern Australia Explorer" cruise from Sydney to Fremantle

I would like to know how to get from Fremantle cruise terminal to Perth city centre - I would prefer to take a train :)

Which is the most convenient train station nearest to the cruise terminal in Fremantle for catching a train to Perth ?

I didnt book the Princess transfer as I would like a few days in Perth before flying home

Thanks all :)

The train is about 500 mtrs (give or take) from the Passenger terminal on the same side. When you leave the terminal, go over the footbridge, turn right at the end, takes you to the train terminal. Can't miss it. There's only one train station.

Good idea to go after 9.00am if it is a weekday, due to "rush hour". Train takes you to Perth train station. Plenty of taxi's and information booth at Perth train station. Takes about 25 - 30 mins

Edited by dizzy1948

dizzy1948 - Thank you for your reply - much appreciated x

If you want to know any info about what to see and do - just ask.

Here is a map of Perth city CAT bus routes (free hop on hop off)

Hope this is helpful

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Portals/0/Asset/Documents/Tickets%20&%20Fares/PERTH_CAT_Map_2013-2.pdf

Yes frequent suburban electric trains from Fremantle up to Perth city. Freo station is right beside the cruise terminal. Access to station either by footbridge at City end of station, or grou d pedestrian crossing at e d of the line.

Yes frequent suburban electric trains from Fremantle up to Perth city. Freo station is right beside the cruise terminal. Access to station either by footbridge at City end of station, or ground pedestrian crossing at end of the line.

Yes frequent suburban electric trains from Fremantle up to Perth city. Freo station is right beside the cruise terminal. Access to station either by footbridge at City end of station, or grou d pedestrian crossing at e d of the line.

Yep, Kuldalai - you're right, it would be easier to walk down Peter Hughes drive and cross at the train crossing, rather than go over the bridge. That bridge is a killer for some. :eek: Nice that they have done that pathway through.

So..........cruisefan2012 - turn right when you leave the port - just at the bridge entrance, don't cross the bridge, and leisurely stroll down to the train station. Sorry about that. (Unless of course you want to cross the bridge - which goes over the railway line.) You will see the train crossing, at the station on your left walking down, can't miss it.

Edited by dizzy1948

Thanks both :)

Fremantle train station to Perth City Centre train station?

Any idea how much it will cost?

Also whats the best way to get from Perth City Centre to Perth Airport a few days later ?

Is there also a train from city to the airport or a bus? I`m not a train spotter I just find trains go quicker then buses and tend to be generally easier

Thanks both :)

Fremantle train station to Perth City Centre train station?

Any idea how much it will cost?

Also whats the best way to get from Perth City Centre to Perth Airport a few days later ?

Is there also a train from city to the airport or a bus? I`m not a train spotter I just find trains go quicker then buses and tend to be generally easier

Train fare would be no more than $6.00 each (will check when I come home from work) I believe there is a shuttle bus from Perth City to the International Airport - and no trains. :( Or you can get a taxi - for around $30.00 - not too sure. Will check for you later.

Yep the train station is right in Perth. Not a big station like you guys would be used to :D More Thomas the Tank :p

Edited by dizzy1948