Pearl Harbor with Children

erinlaw

Looking for some advice about planning a trip to Pearl Harbor. We are doing POA June 3-11 and will stay an extra few days in Honolulu. Debating about going to Pearl Harbor on Sunday the 12th with three children--10, 6, and 3. While my husband and I and probably our oldest would enjoy it, I am concerned abut the length of time we would spend out there and how entertaining it would be for the two youngest. The last thing anyone needs is a meltdown out there! Also, I know there are limits as to where i can bring a stroller and am wondering how that works--is it left in the visitor center while you go to the memorial?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for some advice about planning a trip to Pearl Harbor. We are doing POA June 3-11 and will stay an extra few days in Honolulu. Debating about going to Pearl Harbor on Sunday the 12th with three children--10, 6, and 3. While my husband and I and probably our oldest would enjoy it, I am concerned abut the length of time we would spend out there and how entertaining it would be for the two youngest. The last thing anyone needs is a meltdown out there! Also, I know there are limits as to where i can bring a stroller and am wondering how that works--is it left in the visitor center while you go to the memorial?

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

My name is Shawn and I'm from Honolulu, HI. I think the younger children will have a decent time. The visitor center and theater has a lot to do with museums and exhibits and the area is a nice place to stroll around if the children need some time to settle down. If this is your only trip to Hawaii in a while, I absolutely would make it a point to visit the Memorial. All in all, the entire visit there will be around 1-2 hours depending on what you want to see. You can visit the National Park Service website for detailed info. As for the stroller, you can bring it and leave it outside of the theater/center (the area is safe since it's a national monument site). I would try making a reservation in the morning for when it's cooler so the kids don't get tired and worn out in the afternoon heat.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions! :)

Aloha,

My name is Shawn and I'm from Honolulu, HI. I think the younger children will have a decent time. The visitor center and theater has a lot to do with museums and exhibits and the area is a nice place to stroll around if the children need some time to settle down. If this is your only trip to Hawaii in a while, I absolutely would make it a point to visit the Memorial. All in all, the entire visit there will be around 1-2 hours depending on what you want to see. You can visit the National Park Service website for detailed info. As for the stroller, you can bring it and leave it outside of the theater/center (the area is safe since it's a national monument site). I would try making a reservation in the morning for when it's cooler so the kids don't get tired and worn out in the afternoon heat.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions! :)

Thanks for the info. A few weeks ago I was checking out the website and it looked like to make reservations they send you to a third party - is that how it works?

Thanks for the info. A few weeks ago I was checking out the website and it looked like to make reservations they send you to a third party - is that how it works?

It should send you to a Recreation.gov website.

http://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/pearlharbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369