Watching a sunrise

shazcat

Hi.. I am traveling solo to Bermuda in July and really want to watch the sunset at Warwick and then walk to Horseshoe bay... I am realizing I must take a taxi there as no buses until 8.20am... Are there taxis waiting at that time of the morning ?? Any help would be appreciated... I then want to see the lighthouse.. Can I walk to it ??

The title of your thread asks about sunrise, the first sentence in the body of your post says sunset, but then you talk about no buses until 8:20 am, so since two out of the three references are about morning I'll assume you are asking about sunrise.

Depending on exactly when in July you'll be in Bermuda, sunrise will be somewhere between about 6:15 and 6:25 am, so you'll have to leave the Dockyard (assuming that's where your ship is berthed) by 5:45 am. There generally are no taxis there at that time, so you would have to call a taxi dispatching company in advance to order a taxi.

You can't walk from Horseshoe Bay to the lighthouse. It's too dangerous. Roads are narrow and there are no sidewalks and often not even a shoulder .

Edited by njhorseman

Just want to make sure that it is the sunrise as mentioned in the subject line you're interested in, and not the sunset which you mention in your post.

Since sunrise on 7/6 is at 6:17 am, it would be best to find a taxi driver the day before who will agree to pick you up by 6 am. I would not anticipate any taxis waiting at the Dockyard at that time.

You could walk to Gibbs L/H, but it is not recommended because of the lack of sidewalks, breakdown lanes, and traffic which means you're walking in the travel lane. If you want to climb the L/H, you'll have to wait until 9:30 am when it opens.

SBtS

I changed it I apologize for confusion.. I will find one the day before and ask them if they can pick me up.. thanks.. I figured there would not be a taxi there.. I did not realize how difficult this would be

I meant the sunrise July 6th.. I am so sorry for some reason it did not edit my response

There's only a relatively short amount of time, perhaps 15 minutes, after you make post where Cruise Critic permits editing. You probably tried to edit after the time limit expired.

Download an app called Hitch. It's basically the Uber of Bermuda. Like Uber you can call a cab anywhere you are instantly through the app and instead of paying cash, you can pay with credit card through the app.

We used it there last year and it was perfect- we saw so much more than we would have otherwise and you never feel like you'll get stranded anywhere. We got way more adventurous than we would have been had we had to get cash all the time and call cab dispatchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Download an app called Hitch. It's basically the Uber of Bermuda. Like Uber you can call a cab anywhere you are instantly through the app and instead of paying cash, you can pay with credit card through the app.

We used it there last year and it was perfect- we saw so much more than we would have otherwise and you never feel like you'll get stranded anywhere. We got way more adventurous than we would have been had we had to get cash all the time and call cab dispatchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a taxi app, not really an Uber. You will pay the regulated, metered taxi rates. There is a widespread opinion that using taxis in Bermuda can be expensive. Personally I do use taxis in Bermuda but in moderation, not exclusively.

Hitch is an app and uses data. So if you don't have a cell phone roaming plan, enormous, unexpected, roaming charges are possible. Many cruise ship passengers keep data roaming off as that is the default. Can't use Hitch with data roaming off.