First cruise with costa, AND I'M SCARED!

namwicha

Wow sounds like sour grapes to me, done 24 Costa cruises since 1998 never once had a crew member who was anything but polite and extremely helpful, the 'Romantica' was one of the best cruises we have done, the ship was wonderful in 2000 food out of this world. since the re-fit now the Neo-Romatica we tried it again, beautiful décor, Italian food, great wine and outstanding crew, fabulous cabin even if it was noisier than most ships possibly down the extension and inclusion of our balcony cabins.

Racist is so not the Costa way, never seen or heard one single word or fraise that said otherwise.

Make that phase, really must stop reading those cookery books.

-

MSC, the other Italian line, gets similar criticisms on its European sailings as Costa does. -

When I leave my country (be it a land based holiday or cruise) I want to be surrounded by other nationalities, eat different foods, eat at different times and hear many languages spoken and observe different cultural behaviours. I get that on Costa (and MSC)

We are considering Costa as an option for one of two Mediterranean cruises in 2020. (Yeah, I'm looking early, but it's an anniversary thing.) We have not sailed Costa but we have cruised with MSC and enjoyed it immensely.

The reviews for the Poesia were about as harsh as harsh could be, but we found the ship to be lovely. Everything was spotless, food was excellent, and staff efficient, friendly, and professional.

been on a 2 weeks med cruise on Costa Magica last september - we had a great time, and was verry happy with ship and crew.

doo they already have itinerary for 2020 available for booking ?

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't mind Italian food and people speaking in other languages then it'll be just fine! I always find it really strange when I go far away but everybody only speaks english...

It just depends what you want from a cruise really, Costa don't have the newest biggest ships or all of the exciting things that you may find on more American lines. But they do have brilliant food, cheap drinks and all round a cheap cruise!

You'll have an amazing cruise, please try not to worry! You've got to bear in mind that most people who have a 'decent' cruise won't come home and write a review. Its only the people who had an AMAZING or DREADFUL cruise.

Heres my first time Costa tips, hope that they will put your mind at ease a little... http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/05/20/10-things-costa/ :)

Just go with an open mind (as everybody has said above) and you'll have an amazing time.