New onboard booking offer

andyfriend80

We got the same deal last Dec. Booked Reflection for this year and got $200 off, Drink Pkg, $300 ship board credit. Then we transfered booking to TA and got Gratuities plus a free Spec. Restaurant ! It works well if you know how to work it !

It is all a game. Fielddreamer has it right. It is nicer to get two perks but $$$ of on the fare can be nice too. We have the Adriatic/Med coming up in September that we booked on board last September. Got what ever the current pricing was, got 2 perks and some extra OBC and a reduced deposit. As soon as we got home I called the two TAs we use to see who was offering the best deal to transfer it them and ended up with a $455 gift card. Soooo, it is all good for us.

Mr Click: did your other travel agents honor the reduced deposit too? Mine requires to pay for the standard deposit at the time of transfer.

And does any one know what happens if the travel agent has a group booking price that is lower than the Celebrity price? Does that $200 savings come off the TA's group rate that is lower? Or do you lose that 'savings'?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mr Click: did your other travel agents honor the reduced deposit too? Mine requires to pay for the standard deposit at the time of transfer.

And does any one know what happens if the travel agent has a group booking price that is lower than the Celebrity price? Does that $200 savings come off the TA's group rate that is lower? Or do you lose that 'savings'?

You don't lose anything. I just did that for 2 onboard bookings... transferred to group booking rates and knocked a total of $7K off, keeping everything we got onboard + additional perks from TA group.

You have to pay the full deposit if your agent is putting you in a group rate because the cruise line requires it. They should explain this to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know if you can do this in the U.K.? I did change my booking last time but didn't know you could transfer to a TA.

Not 100% certain, but you /should/ be able to.

Might be worthwhile a call/email to your preferred agent if it will influence you. Otherwise just ask when you come back.

Anyone know if you can do this in the U.K.? I did change my booking last time but didn't know you could transfer to a TA.

Absolutely, even for brits. They will normally want to place the future booking with the same TA you have used for the current cruise. But if you wish to transfer to a different TA get their ABTA number it helps in the transfer process, otherwise transfer to Celebrity UK and they will allow you to change to any TA when you get back to the UK.

One thing to remember for us Brits, if you defer the obc to the future cruise and later cancel you lose both the deposit and the obc, so its always a safer option to take the obc on the current cruise. If you cancel later you lose nothing. We made an onboard booking a month ago and the reduced deposit you pay is always equal to the obc offered, but for us Brits we gain as they use 1.68/1 exchange rate for calculating the deposit. We transferred the booking to a UK TA who bettered Celebrity onboard price by over £450.

Help me understand how it works. If you get perks for booking onboard and now you get 2 perks included on the fare posted online, should you get a discount on the online posted fare of the cruise?

When you make a booking on-board, they automatically assign it to the travel agent that booked you on the cruise you are on.

If you booked your current cruise through a TA, then you have to ask the agent on-board not to assign the new booking to that TA. They will give you a form to sign authorizing this and the new booking will then will be with Celebrity and you have 60 days FROM THE DATE OF THE BOOKING to transfer it to the travel agent of your choice (to get additional perks, etc).

So much of this is blind luck. DW and I did not book on board on our last cruise. We simply forgot about it, but if we had, we would have paid thousands of dollars more for the cabin than we wound up paying several months later. We got all the perks but had to put up $900, a trade off I'd gladly take anytime. Also, when I told the Celebrity agent I would transfer the booking to a TA in order to get OBC, he asked me how much the TA would give me. He said "Hang on while I check with my boss". When he returned, I got OBC just $25 less than the TA's offer. He sent me an email saying I would get the OBC as a one time, non transferrable deal. Fine with me. It was all pure luck

When you make a booking on-board, they automatically assign it to the travel agent that booked you on the cruise you are on.

If you booked your current cruise through a TA, then you have to ask the agent on-board not to assign the new booking to that TA. They will give you a form to sign authorizing this and the new booking will then will be with Celebrity and you have 60 days FROM THE DATE OF THE BOOKING to transfer it to the travel agent of your choice (to get additional perks, etc).

You don't have to have it assigned to X. If you know the TA you want to transfer it to, once you have signed the form, the rep will put the booking to the new TA.

So much of this is blind luck. DW and I did not book on board on our last cruise. We simply forgot about it, but if we had, we would have paid thousands of dollars more for the cabin than we wound up paying several months later. We got all the perks but had to put up $900, a trade off I'd gladly take anytime. Also, when I told the Celebrity agent I would transfer the booking to a TA in order to get OBC, he asked me how much the TA would give me. He said "Hang on while I check with my boss". When he returned, I got OBC just $25 less than the TA's offer. He sent me an email saying I would get the OBC as a one time, non transferrable deal. Fine with me. It was all pure luck

You could still have got the price drop, even a few months later, providing it was before FP date.

Help me understand how it works. If you get perks for booking onboard and now you get 2 perks included on the fare posted online, should you get a discount on the online posted fare of the cruise?

No, you do not get a discount from the on line posted fare. For instance the On Board booking offer might be a reduced deposit, on board booking OBC, and pay the Big price (one perk of chose) and get the Better (two perks). If later Celebrity runs a special where everyone can pay the Big price and get the Better (two perks) they will not give you an additional perk or discount from my experience.

. If later Celebrity runs a special where everyone can pay the Big price and get the Better (two perks) they will not give you an additional perk or discount from my experience.

You would still get your extra OBC for booking onboard as well as the 2 perks ;).

We are Elite and booked B_B on cruises we finished 2 weeks ago. I have never transferred reservations in the past but everyone on the cruises said that I should for additional savings. However, after calling several agencies I am totally confused and worried that I may make a mistake. How do I know how to choose the right agency? I realize this forum does not allow mention of specific agencies though. Any advice is very appreciated!