MSC's El Yunque Rainforest Tour Information

xjmox14x

I was wondering if anyone could provide some information on MSC's El Yunque Rainforest Tour in San Juan? The description doesn't provide a whole lot of information other than stating it is not a hiking tour. Is this basically just a bus ride through the outskirt of the rainforest? Stop at the visitor center? Able to walk around and explore at all? Any information on who runs the tour itself/what company or third party?

I'm interested in exploring the rainforest, and this is the only tour available, but I don't think it's worth it if it is just a 3 hour bus ride and then back to the ship.

We went on this very tour last week. We enjoyed it. But, yes, you bus out from San Juan to El Yunque. We had a fabulous tour guide who pointed out a number of interesting sites on the way out and back. We had about 45 minutes to walk around the rainforest visitor area and trail. There was food, shopping, and coffee available at the visitor center. Back on the bus to go the observation tower. Those that wanted could climb to the top. Even without climbing, we got some awesome shots. And, then off to a gorgeous waterfall for another photo op. Then, back on the bus and back to the ship, with one stop for shopping and comfort break on the way. We were back in time for lunch in old San Juan and a bit of walking around before we went back on board. Yes, there is a lot of driving. But, one can only find so much to do in San Juan. So, I would rate the tour a 6/7 out of 10. The best part of the day for us was lunch back in Old San Juan at La Mallorca. Highly recommend! It also has a bakery. Not the typical tourist place to go. You will enjoy!

We went on this very tour last week. We enjoyed it. But, yes, you bus out from San Juan to El Yunque. We had a fabulous tour guide who pointed out a number of interesting sites on the way out and back. We had about 45 minutes to walk around the rainforest visitor area and trail. There was food, shopping, and coffee available at the visitor center. Back on the bus to go the observation tower. Those that wanted could climb to the top. Even without climbing, we got some awesome shots. And, then off to a gorgeous waterfall for another photo op. Then, back on the bus and back to the ship, with one stop for shopping and comfort break on the way. We were back in time for lunch in old San Juan and a bit of walking around before we went back on board. Yes, there is a lot of driving. But, one can only find so much to do in San Juan. So, I would rate the tour a 6/7 out of 10. The best part of the day for us was lunch back in Old San Juan at La Mallorca. Highly recommend! It also has a bakery. Not the typical tourist place to go. You will enjoy!

Thanks TheSoccerCoach. This sounds perfect for us. About how long did you get at the observation tower stop and how long at the waterfall?

I have been looking for somewhere to eat while in San Juan.....we may have to try La Mallorca. How close is this to the port?

Great, thank you for the info!

Thanks TheSoccerCoach. This sounds perfect for us. About how long did you get at the observation tower stop and how long at the waterfall?

I have been looking for somewhere to eat while in San Juan.....we may have to try La Mallorca. How close is this to the port?

We were at the tower around 30 minutes and the waterfall around 15. And, then 15 at the comfort/shopping stop on the way back.

La Mallorca is a short walk into the town from the ship. 300 Calle San Francisco, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico ... The food was a 10 out of 10! Fresh squeezed lemonade! We had the chicken with rice and beans. So good! And, they have their own hot sauce, which I very much enjoyed! There is a small park across the street from the restaurant and the park is by a school. But, again, a very short walk from the ship.

We were at the tower around 30 minutes and the waterfall around 15. And, then 15 at the comfort/shopping stop on the way back.

La Mallorca is a short walk into the town from the ship. 300 Calle San Francisco, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico ... The food was a 10 out of 10! Fresh squeezed lemonade! We had the chicken with rice and beans. So good! And, they have their own hot sauce, which I very much enjoyed! There is a small park across the street from the restaurant and the park is by a school. But, again, a very short walk from the ship.

Thanks for all the info. Very much appreciated :)